Gallagher out on loan?

EBS1980

He hasn't played any part of the last two friendlies. Not giving him match time as he is going out on loan?

Quite certain he played at St Etienne. Wolves were mentioned recently though. Would be daft to loan him out with Long's mediocre record and an injury susceptible Austin though.

He hasn't played any part of the last two friendlies. Not giving him match time as he is going out on loan?

I think he'll do better at wolves than he will as 4th choice here.

I thought we might have given him more of a run to be honest.

down to Manolo, injury-prone Austin, and woeful Long.

Reed has really turned into a latter-day Nero...

Squad cap is 25 players. We have that. We all agree we need more players. I suspect (hope!) that the board agree and we get players in. To facilitate that (aside of any budgetary or FFP issues) we need to make space in the squad. I'd like to see Gallagher get a chance this season but something has gotta give and I suspect the kid will get another season under his belt elsewhere.

No point selling him. He will be good enough for the top level from what I've seen. That growth spurt did him a lot of good in the end.

He deffo has premier league potential but not sure he would be a regular starter for top 8 sides like ourselves, I think rotation striker for us or other top 7/8 sides or starter for teams like Stoke Burnley Swansea etc.

Hang on. Whilst Sam might be fourth choice, I can see times where I'd prefer to bring him on rather than Shane Long, when height rather than speed is required. I'd hang on to him till January, then consider a loan, unless we have another striker coming in.

• 2 weeks later...

Southampton are in talks with a number of clubs over a loan deal for striker Sam Gallagher, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News understands Aston Villa, Derby and Birmingham have held initial talks about taking Gallagher on loan for the season.

Gallagher has not featured for Southampton so far this season and manager Mauricio Pellegrino is willing to let him leave on a temporary basis.

Southampton are in talks with a number of clubs over a loan deal for striker Sam Gallagher, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News understands Aston Villa, Derby and Birmingham have held initial talks about taking Gallagher on loan for the season.

Gallagher has not featured for Southampton so far this season and manager Mauricio Pellegrino is willing to let him leave on a temporary basis.

Hard to believe we would let him go on loan to Birmingham. His development would be seriously harmed by the "coaching" of 'Arry.

Be annoyed if we loan him again. He's ready to develop with us now and he's going to be a really good striker. Seeing him loaned out while we struggle to score and watch Austin at a snail's pace and Long always offside will be frustrating.

I agree. And who better to teach him those lovely curving runs other than Gabbiadini?

We learnt last season how 4 strikers can quickly turn into a lack of options, especially when your best two are out.

I wouldn't be averse to another loan deal, as it's better than him not even getting on the bench here, but would prefer it to be a 3/4 month loan with an option to recall.

Not sure it makes much sense sending Gallagher out on loan, I think he'll get plenty of game time this season and he doesn't use up a place in the 25 man squad due to under 21 status still I think.

You think wrong :), Sam is not an u21 any longer (he will be 22 next month).

Derby or Villa would be a good step up from a relegation battling Rovers last season. Would need to play most games though otherwise what would be the point?

Anywhere but Birmingham City.

But 'Arry's dahn to the bare bones, beaten by Burton. Sam's a 'triffic player etc etc....

Derby or Villa would be a good step up from a relegation battling Rovers last season. Would need to play most games though otherwise what would be the point?

Anywhere but Birmingham City.

Not sure Villa are a step up at the moment, talking to a Villa supporter this week and many believe Bruce is walking a tightrope.

Don't think I'd want any of our lot playing for Derby or Brum.

But 'Arry's dahn to the bare bones, beaten by Burton. Sam's a 'triffic player etc etc....

Apparently 'Arry's leg is playing up again, it's touch and go whether he can put up with the excruciating pain for much longer. It'll probably get the better of him just after the end of August.

I listened to Bagpuss on the radio yesterday and he mentioned that clubs wanted £1m and £1.5m as a loan fee plus penalties is the player didn't get selected. He was referring to young players from the Prem. I have no idea who he was referring to specifically, but I know Brum have been looking for a striker.

I listened to Bagpuss on the radio yesterday and he mentioned that clubs wanted £1m and £1.5m as a loan fee plus penalties is the player didn't get selected. He was referring to young players from the Prem. I have no idea who he was referring to specifically, but I know Brum have been looking for a striker.
Trouble is Rosie the dog insists on 1m as well on any deal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good.