Sevilla (H) Pre-season Friendly

edprice1984

Agree. Only Boufal who might come into contention.

The others just haven't showed enough. Poor attacking sub options to change a game at present.

The midfield still looks a liability. Thought it might be one of JWP or Davis, not both; but Hojbjerg and Clasie have done little to deserve a place. Perhaps today that weakness will be disguised by the fact that it's still preseason and Sevilla's more technical play (Nzonzi aside) but it'll be exposed by the pace and power of a premier league game.

Edited by shurlock

The midfield still looks a liability. Thought it might be one of JWP or Davis, not both; but Hojbjerg and Clasie have done little to deserve a place. Perhaps today that weakness will be disguised by the fact that it's still preseason and Sevilla's more technical play but it'll be exposed by the pace and power of a premier league game.

one of (if not the best) selection of midfielders in the country™

The midfield still looks a liability. Thought it might be one of JWP or Davis, not both; but Hojbjerg and Clasie have done little to deserve a place. Perhaps today that weakness will be disguised by the fact that it's still preseason and Sevilla's more technical play (Nzonzi aside) but it'll be exposed by the pace and power of a premier league game.

I can't believe we are starting the new season with the same midfield we finished last season with baffling....

I wouldn't bet on a final starting lineup for next week yet. A lot depends on this game, and also I would suspect MP already had a rotation in mind since we had two matches in the past 4 days. You'll likely see the subs come on at the same times as last week again, just in basically reverse.

I can't believe there would be more than one stream for our away St Etienne match at that ****ty little ground, and yet no streams for today, the most important friendly before the season gets underway. Makes no sense.

Maybe they're too embarrassed to show it live.:)

4‘ | #SaintsFC 0-0 #SevillaFC | ¡La tuvo Muriel! Robo de Montoya que permite al colombiano rematar a manos de Forster.

#SFCDirecto

Translated from Spanish by Bing

4' | #SaintsFC 0-0 #SevillaFC| Muriel had it! Montoya theft allowing the Colombian to finish off at the hands of Forster.

A Colombian finishing off Forster apparently :uhoh:

Saturday 3pm football isn't allowed to be streamed in this country. It makes perfect sense to be fair and ever since I've known it has always been this way.

Competitive football maybe, but as I said above no-ones staying home from their lower league game to watch Saints play in a pre-season friendly.

Saturday 3pm football isn't allowed to be streamed in this country. It makes perfect sense to be fair and ever since I've known it has always been this way.

on the other hand, I can get streams for;

burnley hannover

Fulham Norwich

eintracht real betis

Fulham Norwich

Dundee ross county

hibs partick thistle

palace schalke

red bull stoke

with no problem.

I'd have thought it would be on one of the Spanish channels since Sevilla are a relativly big draw there.

Who did we play last year or year before? Athletic Bilbao or Espanyol or someone? That was on - I watched it on Canal+ Sport or something...

on the other hand, I can get streams for;

burnley hannover

Fulham Norwich

eintracht real betis

Fulham Norwich

Dundee ross county

hibs partick thistle

palace schalke

red bull stoke

with no problem.

Do you have a link to the Dundee game?

They're my second team so if I can't watch Saints, may as well go with that one...

What a riot. I'm listening to the Sevilla website radio broadcast, trying to keep up with the Spanish. The game sounds better actually.

It always sounds better than it is in Spanish. That said, I'm not at all familiar with a lot of the words used by the Andalucian commentators, which is probably for the best because this way I can imagine we're playing better than we are.

Seville's site confirms that the match won't be on live TV anywhere so obviously no streams.

On the other hand they're playing Everton tomorrow and that's on Seville TV.

Oh didn't realise they play tomorrow too. I had seen there line up was missing a few regulars and had wandered why.

Slightly OT - but I'm really worried about them cracking down on the dodgy streams this season - I've not missed a second of the last 5 seasons

and I couldn't go back to listening to Merrington on the radio. Apparently they now got powers to take down entire domains showing any live PL and not just individual links.

I remember the Stoke game was a nightmare on the last day, I didn't get anything working until well after half time and I later found out they had an injunction for the last 2 months. It was almost like they were using the last day as a test to try and shut down as much as they could.

I was at Boro and Ars and Man U I watched on Sky so It kinda made sense.

Surely, there are no rules preventing radio coverage or audio streaming on the Saints website for a Saturday 3pm game??
Probably not about rules and more about the fact that Solent do our commentaries and they wouldn't put on a commentary team for a pre season friendly especially as the season proper has started elsewhere.