Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

His Instagram profile now reads ‘trust the process’ which seems to have become a bit of an in-joke amongst our squad about players that are looking to move on.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he was to leave tbh. Seems a bit of a sulky tit and recall him looking miserable even in his interview when he first signed. That said, if we sell him to the Dildo bro’s then that’s a pretty damning indictment of how far we’ve fallen in the last two seasons.

Lemina should stay for here at least one more year then he can go to big six and his market value will be doubled. We should do a Spider-Man. Don’t sell him cheap please given most of our inverstments are on flops, except Lemina.

No doubt we will now have another unhappy player. A player I suspect has a "Gentlemans agreement" that the club is looking to renegade on.

I'm sure we will swing this around so that it's Lemina that looks bad and unprofessional.... It's what we do right?

Strange one. He is clearly a quality player and we’ve been crying out for a midfield player with his dynamism since Morgan left. However he is also a bit of a bellend and probably thinks he is better than the club. He’s also been incredibly inconsistent and on occasions (Wembley semi-final) a bit of a liability.

I certainly wouldn’t shed any tears on a personal level if he were to leave, but there is a sense that we’d be selling him prematurely given that his value is only like to increase if we get a proper tune out of him for a full season. Selling to West Ham would send a pretty bad message out to our fan base as well in terms of where we see ourselves in the pecking order.

Having said all that, if we manage to flog him for £35m + and reinvest in a couple of quality attacking players then maybe we’ll be better off without him. Big if though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Toon Saint

No doubt we will now have another unhappy player. A player I suspect has a "Gentlemans agreement" that the club is looking to renegade on.

I'm sure we will swing this around so that it's Lemina that looks bad and unprofessional.... It's what we do right?

I'm sure you can swing anything arou d so it's the Club's fault..... It's what you do, right?

Although not quite sure what we're supposed to be "renegading" on

All this just from his body language right?

giphy.gif

Ha. I thought he looked miserable when he first signed for us! Face like a slapped arse. I don’t necessarily want him to go but not a player I have any affection for, so I guess I’m pretty ambivalent about him leaving if we can upgrade in other areas (winger & CF). Not sure I could stomach it if the buying club is the Dildo bros though.

Lemina on his day bosses a game in a way I haven’t ever seen from a Saints CM. When he is bad though, he is bad.

That said, we’d be mad to sell him.

Unless he's so set on going that he'll be totally useless to us in any case. I've seen his attitude questioned before, probably when he wanted to leave the O.M.

He has a persistent lower back problem....I don’t think this will ever be resolved.

I do not think he warrants being kept,get rid now before he couldn’t even pass a medical to go somewhere else.

Would the medical at West Ham not pick up on that? Surely scuppering any move.

Would the medical at West Ham not pick up on that? Surely scuppering any move.

You'd think so wouldn't you. Mind you I had a research assistant once who had a "back problem". Must have visited loads of docs to get sick notes and not one of them ever found the real cause (if indeed there was one). Back problems, the leadswingers fallback.

Lemina on his day bosses a game in a way I haven’t ever seen from a Saints CM. When he is bad though, he is bad.

That said, we’d be mad to sell him.

This. He has more good than bad days.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

And on about 150k a week.

Lemina is quality but with Romeu, Hojbjerg, Armstrong, JWP and Davis I doubt we'd replace him.

Armstrong and Davis aren't DMs. But one that I think might be better suited there, pushing him up a bit, is Jack Stephens.

IMO its only crazy to consider selling Lemina if he's actually willing to knuckle down and play for us. He had some real quality games for us last season (Palace away, Man U home) but the majority of my memories from last season are of him putting in half arsed performances and appearing to have an appalling attitude (the Chelsea semi final at Wembley and the embarrassment away to Spurs stick out as particular low points).

If he wants to go then we should try and get as much money out of West Ham as possible (shouldn't be hard as they throw money at basically anything) and then get a winger, a striker and a midfielder to replace him. We are desperately light up front and so I'd rather reinvest the Lemina money than have an unhappy player here (no matter how good he might be). If either Drinkwater or Loftus Cheek were available (even on loan) then so much the better.

IMO its only crazy to consider selling Lemina if he's actually willing to knuckle down and play for us. He had some real quality games for us last season (Palace away, Man U home) but the majority of my memories from last season are of him putting in half arsed performances and appearing to have an appalling attitude (the Chelsea semi final at Wembley and the embarrassment away to Spurs stick out as particular low points).

If he wants to go then we should try and get as much money out of West Ham as possible (shouldn't be hard as they throw money at basically anything) and then get a winger, a striker and a midfielder to replace him. We are desperately light up front and so I'd rather reinvest the Lemina money than have an unhappy player here (no matter how good he might be). If either Drinkwater or Loftus Cheek were available (even on loan) then so much the better.

I really don't know why you think that we could get so much money for Lemina that we could buy 3 premier league standard players with it.

I really don't know why you think that we could get so much money for Lemina that we could buy 3 premier league standard players with it.

If we managed to get say £35m for him then I'm sure we could stretch to 2 permanent signings and a loan....we aren't really in the business of paying big bucks when we sign players are we?

If we managed to get say £35m for him then I'm sure we could stretch to 2 permanent signings and a loan....we aren't really in the business of paying big bucks when we sign players are we?

35 million? You are just a dreamer. Bloke has no credentials for us to be asking that sort of price and we no doubt know it. We bought him for 15 or 16 a year ago and he's done very little to double that sum. He's not a goal scorer or a goal maker. 25 would be a price that should not be sniffed at...if he really wants to go that is.

35 million? You are just a dreamer. Bloke has no credentials for us to be asking that sort of price and we no doubt know it. We bought him for 15 or 16 a year ago and he's done very little to double that sum. He's not a goal scorer or a goal maker. 25 would be a price that should not be sniffed at...if he really wants to go that is.

In today's market, having paid £18m for him last summer (see here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/08/southampton-sign-mario-lemina-juventus), you think we would sell for a mere £7m profit? I think you're the dreamer mate. If Liverpool are demanding £20m for Ings and Leicester are paying £25m for a Championship midfielder from Norwich then I don't think its unrealistic to expect £35m for an ex-Juventus Champions League finalist, especially given the length of time he has on his contract and the fact that the club we are dealing with is a profligate West Ham.

The only way we let him go as cheap as you are suggesting is if he goes full Virgil on us.

In today's market, having paid £18m for him last summer (see here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/08/southampton-sign-mario-lemina-juventus), you think we would sell for a mere £7m profit? I think you're the dreamer mate. If Liverpool are demanding £20m for Ings and Leicester are paying £25m for a Championship midfielder from Norwich then I don't think its unrealistic to expect £35m for an ex-Juventus Champions League finalist, especially given the length of time he has on his contract and the fact that the club we are dealing with is a profligate West Ham.

The only way we let him go as cheap as you are suggesting is if he goes full Virgil on us.

It is not today's market. 35 million buys you a player of great quality which Lemina isn't. How many 35 million £ + transfers have there actually been this summer ?

It is not today's market. 35 million buys you a player of great quality which Lemina isn't. How many 35 million £ + transfers have there actually been this summer ?

So you would deem Richarlison a player of great quality? A player who started well (like Lemina) but then failed to score from November to the end of the season. I agree that the transfer prices are crazy but given the prices we are seeing I can't see us selling Lemina for £25 million (unless, as I said, he goes full Virgil and forces our hand). If we do West Ham will have the bargain of the window.

West Ham have already spent £36m on Felipe Anderson who started 7 games last season for Lazio.

So you would deem Richarlison a player of great quality? A player who started well (like Lemina) but then failed to score from November to the end of the season. I agree that the transfer prices are crazy but given the prices we are seeing I can't see us selling Lemina for £25 million (unless, as I said, he goes full Virgil and forces our hand). If we do West Ham will have the bargain of the window.

Richarlison is much younger, probably less troublesome and an attacking player. I really don't care whether Lemina stays or goes, he was a pain in tha ass at Marseille when he got a sniff of Juventus and I expect him to be the same again with us. He'll have good games and catastrophic games and I'm not sure that's what we need just now. We need players we can rely on.

What the fück is going on in this thread? Is this some kind of weird Stockholm syndrome that fans have grown so attached to selling our best players and can't imagine a window without it happening (not that our players are good enough to attract interest from the top 6), so are now fantasising about it based on absolutely nothing? Or is everyone just really, really bored?

Richarlison is much younger, probably less troublesome and an attacking player. I really don't care whether Lemina stays or goes, he was a pain in tha ass at Marseille when he got a sniff of Juventus and I expect him to be the same again with us. He'll have good games and catastrophic games and I'm not sure that's what we need just now. We need players we can rely on.

Richarlison is 21 and Lemina is 24? Hardly "much younger"...

I agree with you that I don't really mind if we sell him but only if we extract as much value as possible (as I said, shouldn't be too hard as its West Ham) and use it to reenforce the areas of the squad where we are light.

What the fück is going on in this thread? Is this some kind of weird Stockholm syndrome that fans have grown so attached to selling our best players and can't imagine a window without it happening (not that our players are good enough to attract interest from the top 6), so are now fantasising about it based on absolutely nothing? Or is everyone just really, really bored?

Sky Sports are reporting that West Ham have made a bid so its not really surprising that people are discussing the possibility that we might sell Lemina...

Sky Sports are reporting that West Ham have made a bid so its not really surprising that people are discussing the possibility that we might sell Lemina...

Don't think he'd want to go to West Ham anyway. Probably got something better sort of lined up if anything. Monaco, something like that. Monaco are having there annual sale and will soon start their annual buy in.

You mean this?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11446958/west-ham-in-talks-with-sampdoria-over-pedro-obiang-sale

"If he does leave the London Stadium, Sky sources understand West Ham may look towards Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina as a potential replacement."

Yeah, looks legit. :lol:

"Sky sources" :lol:

"West Ham" :lol:

You mean this?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11446958/west-ham-in-talks-with-sampdoria-over-pedro-obiang-sale

"If he does leave the London Stadium, Sky sources understand West Ham may look towards Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina as a potential replacement."

Yeah, looks legit. :lol:

"Sky sources" :lol:

"West Ham" :lol:

It's a Southampton FC forum, its really not that unusual for a rumour about one of our players to be discussed (no matter how "legit"). If you don't like it I'd suggest that a forum really isn't the place for you, especially not during the transfer window...

It's a Southampton FC forum, its really not that unusual for a rumour about one of our players to be discussed (no matter how "legit"). If you don't like it I'd suggest that a forum really isn't the place for you, especially not during the transfer window...

Like I said, are people really that bored? There are other things that can be discussed rather than dedicating so much time (Sky made it up 5 days ago!) to a rumour that has much credibility as one posted by anyone one of us. Less in fact. We may as well just make up our own rumours and discuss that.

Like I said, are people really that bored? There are other things that can be discussed rather than dedicating so much time (Sky made it up 5 days ago!) to a rumour that has much credibility as one posted by anyone one of us. Less in fact. We may as well just make up our own rumours and discuss that.

I thought that’s what happened on here???

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice