Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

Its a sizeable fee for a guy that only played a handful of games last year, although he is reportedly a decent player that didnt get the best rub of the green at Juve.

Very athletic and technically decent, could be very much like morgan was for us. Hopefully if given consistent game time he could end up fulfilling his potential

A CB and a proper replacement for Mane now and Ill be very happy

Its a sizeable fee for a guy that only played a handful of games last year, although he is reportedly a decent player that didnt get the best rub of the green at Juve.

Very athletic and technically decent, could be very much like morgan was for us. Hopefully if given consistent game time he could end up fulfilling his potential

Not really sizeable anymore though. Anyone the right age who competes in one of Europe's best squad ain't going to be cheap.

29 in all competitions, though granted half as sub.

This guy looks a proper baller. Pace. Power. Strong in the tackle. Strong on the ball. Keeps it simple with his passing. Perfect DM to play alongside Romeu.

Fraser

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Romeu Lemina

Redmond JWP Tadic

Gabbiadini

Instantly that looks very strong. With Boufal, Austin, Davis, Long to provide impact off the bench. Promising. Only shame is that it doesn't look like VVD will line up alongside Stephens.

Agree with lineup suggested but would have Davis number 10 over JWP

Uncle Les had a bid of £3.5m for him rejected in the summer of 2015.

If this happens, it's good to know the club have identified the same key weakness/risk as virtually the entire fan base.

Obviously we don't know how Lemina will pan out - we've all had high (as yet unfulfilled) hopes for Clasie and Hojbjerg after all - but the main thing is the club have done something to try to address it. This move will go a considerable way to me being satisfied with our approach this summer. Depends on who leaves, of course...

If this happens, it's good to know the club have identified the same key weakness/risk as virtually the entire fan base.

Obviously we don't know how Lemina will pan out - we've all had high (as yet unfulfilled) hopes for Clasie and Hojbjerg after all - but the main thing is the club have done something to try to address it. This move will go a considerable way to me being satisfied with our approach this summer. Depends on who leaves, of course...

Yep, reassuring. If nothing else he should add some mobility and power to our midfield which is exactly what we need.

this is weird....

Mauricio Pellegrino has denied reports that Southampton are on the verge of signing Juventus midfielder Mario Lemina.

Lemina is reportedly set to undergo a medical at St Mary’s tomorrow ahead of the move.

“I don’t know anything about him,” he told the Daily Echo.

“We are studying the market with some options.

“It is difficult to bring in important players and hopefully some of them can come in to make us stronger.”

this is weird....

Mauricio Pellegrino has denied reports that Southampton are on the verge of signing Juventus midfielder Mario Lemina.

Lemina is reportedly set to undergo a medical at St Mary’s tomorrow ahead of the move.

“I don’t know anything about him,” he told the Daily Echo.

“We are studying the market with some options.

“It is difficult to bring in important players and hopefully some of them can come in to make us stronger.”

There is something in that interview we should be uncomfortable with. If this is true Are we being deceived?

There is something in that interview we should be uncomfortable with. If this is true Are we being deceived?

Recently we have seemed to want to keep details of transfers very close to our chest whether that be incoming or outgoing. With a player that has been receiving attention from elsewhere (notably Stoke) it is perhaps best to not show our intentions in public until something is confirmed lest the club look bad if it were to fall through. Deceived? Yes you could see it that way but i'd prefer to think we are just playing it safe and not confirming anything until it is actually done. It's not like the fans knowing the details would make it any more or less likely to go through is it? There's also the issue of 'tapping up' which considering our stance with Liverpool we would obviously want to keep well away from (which is not to say we have tapped the player up at all just that it's not a good idea to go telling everyone about your business - something other teams would be wise to take note of).

I wonder if Pellegrino is denying knowledge of Lemina because our bid has been usurped by someone else' date=' maybe Stoke?[/quote']

I'll cry if Stoke beat us to him! Look's like a player in the style of Gueye/Kante - just what SFC need.

I wonder if Pellegrino is denying knowledge of Lemina because our bid has been usurped by someone else' date=' maybe Stoke?[/quote']

Or perhaps, Les hasn't told him.

Or perhaps Les delegated the task to Ross, and MP simply couldn't understand his accent.

You'd just bin Redmond and Boufal then? Hope we have more sense than that.

I wouldnt bin either of them, Redmond had a decent season last year, he can be a bit hit and miss but its moving in the right direction. With a bit more consistency in his final balls and work on his decision making he'll be a real talent.

Boufal has bags of talent in those feet, but has been the majority of miss more than hit. I think a lot of that is to do with the league he left though. He had enough time to go into the stands and finish an episode of GoT and still beat his man in ligue 1. I do have faith in him though.

That doesnt mean you dont look to improve on what you have, if we do get Lamina over the line I cant see us 'bining' Davis, JWP or Hojberg, it just adds competition, options and depth.

I wouldnt bin either of them, Redmond had a decent season last year, he can be a bit hit and miss but its moving in the right direction. With a bit more consistency in his final balls and work on his decision making he'll be a real talent.

Boufal has bags of talent in those feet, but has been the majority of miss more than hit. I think a lot of that is to do with the league he left though. He had enough time to go into the stands and finish an episode of GoT and still beat his man in ligue 1. I do have faith in him though.

That doesnt mean you dont look to improve on what you have, if we do get Lamina over the line I cant see us 'bining' Davis, JWP or Hojberg, it just adds competition, options and depth.

No but Clasie could well be off.

Can't see us signing anybody without a departure being lined up. We've already got Boufal, Tadic, Redmond, JWP, Davis, Long and Sims hoping for a game in that position.

It's going to make others cock their crest so to speak. If this does happen it will be a big plus. It's going to step on somebodies toes and they are going to push harder. At the same time he could do the 1yr to settle, 1yr of stamping his name on the game and 1yr of LOYALTY (gets my fkn goat this word is even used in football contracts, rah). Anyway if true I reckon it's a good thing.

Players agent could be mouthing off to either get a better deal from stoke or hurry us up.

Does seem odd to say that if there is some truth in it,have one or two possibilities and irons in the fire would be the norm but to say you have never heard of the player.

This guy looks a proper baller. Pace. Power. Strong in the tackle. Strong on the ball. Keeps it simple with his passing. Perfect DM to play alongside Romeu.

Fraser

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Romeu Lemina

Redmond JWP Tadic

Gabbiadini

Instantly that looks very strong. With Boufal, Austin, Davis, Long to provide impact off the bench. Promising. Only shame is that it doesn't look like VVD will line up alongside Stephens.

Wow people instantlyputting together a starting line up with him in?...............

Hello guys, I would like to give some of insight being watched this guy probably a bit more than most you here.

So Mario is actually a good player, he was bought out from his loan spell last year after showing some promise couple of seasons ago, and he actually was a starter last year before khedira and marchisio recovered from injuries. He is technical guy, also really athletic and is quite good on the ball, also he likes to run forward and join teammates in attack. Out of Juve's backup/rotation players like rincon and sturaro, he is better than them and is 4th choise midfielder. The thing is, because Allegri chose to use 2 man midfield, there is no space for the type of guy he is, the board is activelly searching for a muscular, ball-winning midfielder (like Wanyama lets say), and Lemina is obviously not that type of player.

Although Lemina is not the champions league finalists caliber of player, he is really good and still not at the peak of his potential. 20Mil euros is nothing to be worried about, its the thing with English clubs - everyone will try to milk and english club because of the tv deals and other stuff that makes everyone think that english clubs are rich.

I expect him really go along with Romeu

Hello guys, I would like to give some of insight being watched this guy probably a bit more than most you here.

So Mario is actually a good player, he was bought out from his loan spell last year after showing some promise couple of seasons ago, and he actually was a starter last year before khedira and marchisio recovered from injuries. He is technical guy, also really athletic and is quite good on the ball, also he likes to run forward and join teammates in attack. Out of Juve's backup/rotation players like rincon and sturaro, he is better than them and is 4th choise midfielder. The thing is, because Allegri chose to use 2 man midfield, there is no space for the type of guy he is, the board is activelly searching for a muscular, ball-winning midfielder (like Wanyama lets say), and Lemina is obviously not that type of player.

Although Lemina is not the champions league finalists caliber of player, he is really good and still not at the peak of his potential. 20Mil euros is nothing to be worried about, its the thing with English clubs - everyone will try to milk and english club because of the tv deals and other stuff that makes everyone think that english clubs are rich.

Thanks for the write up. Really good, informative post.

Let's hope we can get it over the line. Sounds like just the player we need.

Thanks for this. V.useful info. Seems like we've got a decent player- not overtly physical in the Wanyama mould but a busy, energetic player who's good on the ball and willing to drive forward. For all Romeu's strengths in breaking up play and keeping possession under pressure, he tends to be a bit more static, so Lemina seems a good complement. I assume he'll cope with the power and pace of the premier league? Clasie and Hojbjerg have arguably struggled with that aspect so far.

Edited by shurlock

Thanks for this. V.useful info. Seems like we've got a decent player- not overtly physical in the Wanyama mould but a busy, energetic player who's good on the ball and willing to drive forward. For all Romeu's strengths in breaking up play and keeping possession under pressure, he tends to be a bit more static, so Lemina seems a good complement. I assume he'll cope with the power and pace of the premier league?

Yes, I believe part of his limits in Italy is that you have to be very patient and the game over in serie a is very methodical and tactical, while he could really use open spaces and deep runs, so EPL should be suitable for him and I am personally very interested to see him play. Also former Juve players usually doing good in england, Pereyra, Giaccherini (to some extent lol), so there is real hope that this still only 23yo lad could do well

Good info, cheers.

Interesting you mentioned Stararo, as he was heavily linked to us last year for a similar sort of fee - same with the Assamoah guy you have. Seems like you have a few midfielders who interest us!

Never heard of him until an hour ago and now I'm desperate for us to sign him.

Ha, ha....same here. He does sound like the midfielder we've needed since Vic and Morgan departed. Watching Romeu hold things together on his own last season was hard going.

Good info, cheers.

Interesting you mentioned Stararo, as he was heavily linked to us last year for a similar sort of fee - same with the Assamoah guy you have. Seems like you have a few midfielders who interest us!

haha dont please get the all, because i like saints

A few of comments seen on their forum:

If it was a choice between Southampton or Stoke I think I'd be choosing Southampton tbh.

&

You can never legislate for what goes on in any footballers mind these days but pretty sure almost every man jack of them would choose Southampton over Stoke if it was a straight choice, sadly.

Someone has picked up on the Les - strategy:

Maybe, but they've also finished 6-8th in the league in each of the last four seasons and are a proven stepping stone to bigger clubs. That's likely to count for a fair bit.

I would imagine his main priority was money.

Although not everyone is coping with this graciously:

As the seventh longest serving team in the premier league, and the backing we have, I really would want to know why we would lose out on a target like this to Southampton.

Another **** southern club 'polite round of applause when we score' ****s

last post incidentally from Glasgowstokie !

Lol, they have the worst set of fans in the Premier League. They think jeering players with broken legs is great "support"

Whereas we just think of players like that as a 'good investment' signing... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice