Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

All the ability in the world. He’d light up a top clubs midfield.

Classic case of playing with players not quite on the same ability level as him

I remember when people used to say that about Papa Waigo and Tanadari Lee.

Lazy, gives the ball away cheap. Posts videos of his Cruyff turns when we’re at our lowest ebb which are lapped up by the plebs.

Ah I see - he’ll be outstanding next year. Pace strength and can pick a pass. Just needs a bit of consistency. Glad you keep an eye out for his videos. [emoji6]

Good player who has had his settle in year that many need when moving to England.

Selling at this stage, having had the adaptation and with four years on his contract would be utterly stupid unless the offer is absolutely huge.

Pretty much all our best team performances last year were when he was bossing it in midfield.

looks like he is on his way to Napoli..

The 24-year-old moved to the Saints last summer, but was promised a very different project to what the club ended up experiencing: a full-on relegation battle.

Looks like he doesn't expect any difference this coming season.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/exclusive-napoli-in-talks-for-southampton-midfielder-mario-lemina/

You'd expect us to get a good price if he was sold to Man City, or even Napoli if they've got cash to spend, I think he has potential to be a lynchpin of the side but he did have some stinkers last season , especially the semi final where he was a disgrace.

Someone seems to be putting his name out there so perhaps his agent is looking to push for a move.

If he were to go based on last season certainly wouldn’t hold it against him. If you look at the clap trap Reed spouted to us all when MoPe was appointed about the fast pressing exciting football to come, if he was sold the same lies then it’s no surprise.

As for the show pony comments, Boufal has that title sewn up.

On early showing last season he certainly was a player who put quickly put a smile on my face with his “that’s my ball and you’re not having it” attitude to the opposition - style of play.

Went to the Huddersfield away game and he was busying himself about the pitch again, second half as Saints played towards us he was winning the ball bringing it out of midfield and looking to release it into attack, but no bugger in a Saints shirt was giving him an option or making a positive move forward if they got it, the ball was invariably being recycled back to him. With the benefit of hindsight we had a forward thinking positive ball winning player playing with a bunch of blokes drilled in defensive risk averse football possessesion football, as the second half wore on this just kept happening and you could see Mario getting increasingly piddled off with it and at those around him. As the season trudged on its hardly a surprise that his flame dulled as he was an exciting ball player in a team playing inert football. I didn’t see the semi but his couple of howlers he made that I did see, again with hindsight, if you put a Formula 1 car (not saying he is a footballing deity) in rush hour traffic it’s not going to work at its full potential and more likely to break down. A player like him having to perform below his ability is likely to be prone to making mistakes.j

Hope he stays, and our game is more suited to his undoubted abilities next season.

His half Italian wife is pregnant. Its not always just about football or money.

It doesn't follow that that means he will want to stay put. You can have babies in Italy. Or is that what you meant?

Personally I think he is a great player - again we just had a manager who set up badly and didn't give the players a proper plan. 1st season in the premier league can be hard on players coming from the italian league as the pace is so different.

He was also injured and still played when asked - that's when he looked off the pace or like he didn't care IMO

Will be a great loss if City get him

Re: Lemina & Napoli: Seri in talks with Napoli

Jean- Michael Seri’s agent says talks are underway with Napoli for the Nice midfielder.

Agent Franklin Mala said: “We are in talks with Napoli and he’s tempted by the idea of wearing the jersey.”

Sky sources understand Arsenal and Chelsea remain interested. Manchester City are also thought to be keeping tabs on the situation as they try and push through a deal for Napoli midfielder Jorginho.

City and Napoli yet to agree a fee for Jorginho. The player’s agent is quoted as saying an agreement is in place between City and the player.

Agent Joao Santos said: “The only certainty is he’ll be wearing blue next season.”

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see him leaving this summer. He clearly has great potential and it would take a huge offer for us allow him to go. I am not sure he has done quite enough in that first season for anyone to make such a bid. I guess if scouts watched certain games...

If he were to go based on last season certainly wouldn’t hold it against him. If you look at the clap trap Reed spouted to us all when MoPe was appointed about the fast pressing exciting football to come, if he was sold the same lies then it’s no surprise.

As for the show pony comments, Boufal has that title sewn up.

On early showing last season he certainly was a player who put quickly put a smile on my face with his “that’s my ball and you’re not having it” attitude to the opposition - style of play.

Went to the Huddersfield away game and he was busying himself about the pitch again, second half as Saints played towards us he was winning the ball bringing it out of midfield and looking to release it into attack, but no bugger in a Saints shirt was giving him an option or making a positive move forward if they got it, the ball was invariably being recycled back to him. With the benefit of hindsight we had a forward thinking positive ball winning player playing with a bunch of blokes drilled in defensive risk averse football possessesion football, as the second half wore on this just kept happening and you could see Mario getting increasingly piddled off with it and at those around him. As the season trudged on its hardly a surprise that his flame dulled as he was an exciting ball player in a team playing inert football. I didn’t see the semi but his couple of howlers he made that I did see, again with hindsight, if you put a Formula 1 car (not saying he is a footballing deity) in rush hour traffic it’s not going to work at its full potential and more likely to break down. A player like him having to perform below his ability is likely to be prone to making mistakes.j

Hope he stays, and our game is more suited to his undoubted abilities next season.

This, was also at this game, with Huddersfield fans, he impressed all. Give him the stage he needs and he will star.

• 2 weeks later...
Whatever happened to the original Cabbage Face.....weird that the "new" one appeared after our "Nigerian" chum disappeared. May be it's my age but there are some strange people on here who get their kicks in some strange ways....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Certainly is a strange one - also hear he sniffs bicycle saddles when he’s not on here accusing me of being Glasgow Saint.

Edited by shurlock

Whatever happened to the original Cabbage Face.....weird that the "new" one appeared after our "Nigerian" chum disappeared. May be it's my age but there are some strange people on here who get their kicks in some strange ways....

If I've learned anything in this close season it's that we have some quite strange people on this forum, I think it's quite sad though when you have people who actually talk to themselves.

I only use this and 2 other message boards on a regular basis, the other two being music orientated. I have never experienced any trolling of any sort on the other message boards at all, it just doesn't happen. I know they say that there are trolls all over the internet but this is the only place that I've actually experienced it.

But whatever floats your boat I guess, but I feel for some people on here really.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

If I've learned anything in this close season it's that we have some quite strange people on this forum, I think it's quite sad though when you have people who actually talk to themselves.

I only use this and 2 other message boards on a regular basis, the other two being music orientated. I have never experienced any trolling of any sort on the other message boards at all, it just doesn't happen. I know they say that there are trolls all over the internet but this is the only place that I've actually experienced it.

But whatever floats your boat I guess, but I feel for some people on here really.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

If you think this place is bad, check out the ugly inside. Every single one of them is a right whopper.

As I said before, may be that it's an age thing, but I just don't get the need to be a "character" on a t'internet forum. May be that I am lucky enough to have enough interesting things in my life that I don't have to pretend that I am something that I am not. Onwards and upwards....

I’m the same cabbage face. No idea about any African chaps thou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lemina tenuously linked again to City.

CITY'S MIDFIELD SEARCH

Manchester City are considering whether to move for another central midfielder this summer – after their number one target Jorginho signed for Chelsea.

They’ve looked at Mateo Kovacic, but we understand they would not be willing to pay Real Madrid’s reported £80m asking price.

City have also shown interest in Mario Lemina from Southampton, but it’s not now certain they’ll strengthen before the window closes in August. We’re told that Pep Guardiola is happy with his squad as they prepare to fly to the USA tomorrow for their pre-season tour.

City broke their transfer record last week when they completed a £60m deal for Riyad Mahrez.

Lemina tenuously linked again to City.

I still think he's not going to be with us at the start of the season. Just didn't look like he thought he was our standard to me. Bit billy big boots. Hope I'm wrong and he stays and becomes one of our stars, but suspect all this transfer news is predicated on another big player leaving and fee coming in. Him or Bertrand.

I still think he's not going to be with us at the start of the season. Just didn't look like he thought he was our standard to me. Bit billy big boots. Hope I'm wrong and he stays and becomes one of our stars, but suspect all this transfer news is predicated on another big player leaving and fee coming in. Him or Bertrand.

As K Billy said, if someone wants to truple what we paid, when he's barely had half a season here (in between injuries and loss of confidence), snap their hand off, reinvest in a couple of positions (strong DM and express winger) with a bit left to offset Carrillo/Forster disasters.

Bertrand would be a far bigger loss - poor for much if last season but picked up when Hughes arrived and the buffoon had gone. Tried and tested at the level and this league.

Man City may be keeping longer term tabs - fine, suits us, means he has to be a million times better and fitter next season.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice