Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

He flew into UK yesterday.

Did he fly into a southern airport or one in the Midlands??

A Southern airport.

Sounds promising. Cheers!

Unless "a southern airport" excludes London airports, a flight into London would still be a valid stopover route to the midlands I suppose :)

I would have thought his budget would stretch to a direct flight from Italy...

Would appear the only direct flights from Juventus (Turin) to UK on a Sunday are via London.... https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/trn/uk/170820/cheapest-flights-from-turin-to-uk-in-august-2017.html?adults=1&children=0&adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=0&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&ref=home :)

Milan, Genoa, Nice all pretty close. Or he might even charter a plane. Bottom line it sounds hopeful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon we'll confirm him on Friday, the perfect feel good factor the day before our opener vs Swansea!

Why on Earth would the club wait four days to unveil a new player? Assuming it happens today that is. Or indeed at all, which seems fairly probable now.

Why on Earth would the club wait four days to unveil a new player? Assuming it happens today that is. Or indeed at all, which seems fairly probable now.

Well like Caceres did he could be training behind closed doors using our facilities, timing is everything they say until we announce him.

Also by announcing him on a Friday not even the dinlows on here could expect him to start on Sat, whereas some on here were he to be announced today would already want the bloke straight in!

This guy looks extremely quick for a cm looks like he could play in any wing position too seeing as how on whoscored.com one of his strengths is crossing. We could be getting a really good player here. Can get past his man with pace and trickery, can protect the ball under pressure, can win the ball with a tackle also pulls out some occasional 30/40 yard crossfielders aswell.almost Looks too good to be true.

This guy looks extremely quick for a cm looks like he could play in any wing position too seeing as how on whoscored.com one of his strengths is crossing. We could be getting a really good player here. Can get past his man with pace and trickery, can protect the ball under pressure, can win the ball with a tackle also pulls out some occasional 30/40 yard crossfielders aswell.almost Looks too good to be true.

Pah. I could do all that

20 Years ago :(

Down the park :( :(

Against my daughters :( :( :(

Seriously, the more I read about him the more I like the sound of him. Yet another foreign signing I've never heard of previous to us being linked with them, but we haven't got too many wrong so far.

Well like Caceres did he could be training behind closed doors using our facilities, timing is everything they say until we announce him.

Also by announcing him on a Friday not even the dinlows on here could expect him to start on Sat, whereas some on here were he to be announced today would already want the bloke straight in!

Call me stupid, but as long as he's match-fit, I would expect to see him playing on Saturday.

Call me stupid, but as long as he's match-fit, I would expect to see him playing on Saturday.

You're stupid (you told us to call you that) but on this, logically you would be correct. I would expect him be well along with pre-season training with his current club and able to ready to play very soon. If we can have him training with us and identifying his role, that could possibly be this Saturday. It would be odd to expect our existing squad to play another friendly just to give the new signing some match practice.

He would clearly take a few weeks, at least, to get into the rhythm of the team and how we play.

Yeah that could be an issue. Coming from Juve he may well be accustomed to scoring goals + winning trophies, but I'm sure we can quickly get him upto speed with The Southampton WayTM

Yeah that could be an issue. Coming from Juve he may well be accustomed to scoring goals + winning trophies, but I'm sure we can quickly get him upto speed with The Southampton WayTM

Not so sure you can be that pessimistic, Brian. Last year's signings seemed to slot into the missing goals/losing trophies thing very quickly.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice