Swansea (H) Match & Reaction Thread

benjii

Highly doubt Lemina will begin the first premier league game days after signing. If he was proven premier league quality maybe.

I see Davis/JWP starting ahead of him and Lemina getting 20 minutes if the game is already won or lost.

Still amazes me how many people think Boufal, Redmond and Tadic in the same team is a good idea.

Me too as all 3 are master exponents of losing the ball and cheaply more often than not. That said if Lamina and Romeu strike up a thou shall not pass relationship then it might work out to be ultimately less expensive.

I'm pretty sure Pied will start over Cedric.

Why?

Cedric started last Saturday

why?

Probably because Pellegrino singled out Cedric in the pre-match press conference this morning as a player who wasn't certain to start tomorrow, due to arriving late back from international duty. Maybe he's not quite ready for 90 minutes and, as such, he'd rather start him on the bench? Wouldn't surprise me if that happened TBH.

Probably because Pellegrino singled out Cedric in the pre-match press conference this morning as a player who wasn't certain to start tomorrow, due to arriving late back from international duty. Maybe he's not quite ready for 90 minutes and, as such, he'd rather start him on the bench? Wouldn't surprise me if that happened TBH.

Yeah this, thanks Lord T. Just the way MP said it made me think that Cedric not start the match.

Just a little mood music before the game tomorrow. The New Yorker reviews the season as if it were a new season of Game of Thrones, and declares its loyalties thusly:

My heart lies with Southampton; every July, its brightest stars are pried loose by the bigger clubs, and every August the team returns as cocky and vital as ever.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting-scene/looking-ahead-to-the-english-premier-leagues-game-of-thrones?mbid=nl_TNY%20Template%20-%20With%20Photo%20(197)&CNDID=14519307&spMailingID=11677871&spUserID=MTMzMTc5NjAzMDE2S0&spJobID=1221021892&spReportId=MTIyMTAyMTg5MgS2

So a draw then.

He gives the best interviews since Strachan. Not quite on the latter's level but it's nice to see and hear someone who thinks about things and actually answers the questions as best he can and has something you want to listen to. Getting to like him, let's hope the team can play well.

He gives the best interviews since Strachan. Not quite on the latter's level but it's nice to see and hear someone who thinks about things and actually answers the questions as best he can and has something you want to listen to. Getting to like him, let's hope the team can play well.

Totally agree with your post. He seems thorough, clear sighted, composed, focused and intelligent. He's likeable but has an aura and presence. We should be patient and let him rebuild the team in his image... I think it will take a few months but with less games this year he'll hopefully work some magic and get the results and the style we crave for. COYS!!

2-1 Gabba and Redmond to start us with 3 points

Edited by ButtikonSaint

VVD will not play today as he has a virus.
That's not the primary reason. He was never going to play regardless (lack of match practice / on strike / head not in right place... Take your pick) but he just happens to have had a virus in parallel to all/some of those other factors. Doesn't stop the media selectively quoting Pellegrino and making a headline out of it of course.... Edited by trousers

Depends if there is room in the team for him with Romeu and the new guy holding and Davis in front where does JWP play?

Davis and JWP presumably fighting for one starting spot this season when everyone is fit. Would pick JWP for better corners and a (very slightly) higher probability of scoring from open play (or at least making the odd run into the box).