Swansea (H) Match & Reaction Thread

benjii

Depends if there is room in the team for him with Romeu and the new guy holding and Davis in front where does JWP play?

Instead of Davis. He hasn't yet shown he can do that job effectively but with a little less defensive responsibility he may do well there. My concern is that he isn't capable of running with the ball and starting counter attacks, but can't see where else he can develop apart from maybe RM in a 4-4-2.

Instead of Davis. He hasn't yet shown he can do that job effectively but with a little less defensive responsibility he may do well there. My concern is that he isn't capable of running with the ball and starting counter attacks, but can't see where else he can develop apart from maybe RM in a 4-4-2.

Davo is captain though isn't he? so will have to play.

Lot of money on that bench.

A very attacking one too. Lemina straight in ahead of Hojbjerg and Clasie - a little concerning that we're either going with JWP or Davis alongside Romeu, but perhaps at home to Swansea we won't have to be quite so strong there.

Glad to see Cedric in, that must be close to the team most expected. Stephens has generally found it easier to cope with the smaller, quicker forwards than the big men, so the fact Llorente isn't back for them is a plus. Cue 2 goals from Abraham and Ayew now...

Nige is one of the nicest men in football. My mum is a steward at SMS, he was there for the England youth game a few months ago and was happy to chat to all the stewards beforehand and kept saying to them all "Are you sure I'm not going to get you in trouble by keeping you talking".

We may have surpassed his managerial level but I'd be delighted to see him back as a youth coach, he'd be class at that. Though, I could also understand him not wanting to do that.

Stand up guy. My favourite ever Saints manager.

A reasonable looking bench for the first time since RoKo left. Not sure what to expect, but one thing you can guarantee is everyone on here moaning like **** 10 minutes in

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We had plenty of good benches last season.

Interesting revelation from MLT on Soccer Saturday. He says the board offered Puel the chance to stay on as manager this season, so long as he agreed to play more attacking football.

Old news. Pretty sure Puel all but admitted that himself. Story goes that he was told to go away and think about it, hence the fact his sacking took so long. Fair play to the bloke though, stood by his way of doing things. IMO, Puel left us with a lot more dignity than most sacked managers leave clubs with.

Interesting revelation from MLT on Soccer Saturday. He says the board offered Puel the chance to stay on as manager this season, so long as he agreed to play more attacking football.

Puts the board in better light. Can't imagine the board didn't explain the style of football they wanted to see on interviewing him.