VVD chant

MickeyAggy

Heard couple guys singing this VVD chant to the tune of the old one yesterday. Might be out on Saturday !

"F**k off Van Dijk, F**k off Van Dijk

We just don't want you anymore

You sucked Klopp's d**k

You snakey Judas pr**k

F**k off Virgil Van Dijk"

Heard couple guys singing this VVD chant to the tune of the old one yesterday. Might be out on Saturday !

You sucked Klopp's d**k

You snakey Judas pr**k

Did you register to post up that crap... :mcinnes:

I don't see the point in making the situation any worse. Things can change very quickly, if we hold out and he is still our player come Sep. 1st then it is in our interests to get him re-integrated into the team and playing again. Just like we did with Morgan although I do accept the situation with VVD is far more difficult.

Why sing about him?

He's released that statement to try to make his position untenable.

By all means help him out if you want to, but at least try to understand something first.

Indeed. The more intellectual response would be to sing the original words, i.e. the opposite of what van Dijk and/or his agent is hoping to achieve at this moment in time.

The time to wheel out the vitriol is after he's left :)

Why sing about him?

He's released that statement to try to make his position untenable.

By all means help him out if you want to, but at least try to understand something first.

Exactly. I've fantasised about a few less than savoury ideas, but not only would they be more fitting for an atmosphere you'd find at a Galatasaray-Fenerbache or River-Boca game, rather than the rippling murmurs of St Mary's, but also VVD would use something like that as an example of why he simply couldn't stay here any more.

A chant might not be as extreme, but it would still have the same effect - weakening the clubs position and strengthening van Dijk's. And his agent's.

A big banner saying "We forgive you Virgil, you're still welcome here" would probably be more effective, as gut wrenching as it might be to make it!

Exactly. I've fantasised about a few less than savoury ideas, but not only would they be more fitting for an atmosphere you'd find at a Galatasaray-Fenerbache or River-Boca game, rather than the rippling murmurs of St Mary's, but also VVD would use something like that as an example of why he simply couldn't stay here any more.

A chant might not be as extreme, but it would still have the same effect - weakening the clubs position and strengthening van Dijk's. And his agent's.

A big banner saying "We forgive you Virgil, you're still welcome here" would probably be more effective, as gut wrenching as it might be to make it!

I'm not sure fans chanting against him will make any difference and, if he's not playing, he probably won't even be in the stadium to hear them. Not sure anyone is suggesting we chant against him if he's on the pitch in a Saints shirt.

If we made that banner we would be an absolute laughing stock for fans of the rest of the league.

West Ham fans let Payet know what they thought of him disrespecting their club so no reason we shouldn't let Virgil know the same if and when he is sold.

Sell him, move on without him. I would never boo a player for being ambitious or wanting to better himself, FairPlay to him. I love the club not the players. Unless a player has grown up with a team from a young age there won't be any loyalty what so ever, even then heads will be turned by bigger clubs offering more money, that is human nature. I wonder if Le Tissier were playing in today's world in terms of limelight and money, would he of stayed if he were in VVD position ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure fans chanting against him will make any difference and, if he's not playing, he probably won't even be in the stadium to hear them. Not sure anyone is suggesting we chant against him if he's on the pitch in a Saints shirt.

If we made that banner we would be an absolute laughing stock for fans of the rest of the league.

West Ham fans let Payet know what they thought of him disrespecting their club so no reason we shouldn't let Virgil know the same if and when he is sold.

Oh, absolutely.

He can have the full "I wanna knooooow, why you're such a ****" then.

But until then, don't get sucked into his tactics.

Personally I won't chant or boo him, but if he is somehow still playing for us when Liverpool come around then I think this would be best;

We've got Van Dijk,

Virgil Van Dijk

I just don't think you understand

He'll never play for you, whatever you might do

We've got Virgil Van Dijk

Virgil van Dijk

Didn't go on strike

He wants us all to understand

He's simply upset

That the appropriate disciplinary protocols weren't met

He's a stickler for rules, that van Dijk

This is excellent. Well done. I can feel SMS reverberating to this at the weekend.

I did wonder, given someone said the initial poster had not posted before, whether the first song was written by his agent, to help expedite things.

I actually feel more distaste toward Chambers. He was here from the age of 8, played 23 games for the first team then couldn't wait to leave for the greener grass of Arsenal.

Not decided yet where VVD ranks in the defector stakes (in part that depends on the final outcome); but agree, at the moment, Chambers is the biggest tosser of all. Happily his career has gone nowhere which can be directly attributed to moving too early.

Nice to see you sign of with your name Richard... :lol: perhaps he`s your brother #bothdense

Richard? What on earth are you on about. You're getting more and more lost in your contrived insult.

If Carlsberg did name calling, you'd be a half of shandy, pal.

Don't know the ins and outs of it, but I think Payet's treatment was a little on the harsh side. If I recall correctly he wanted to go back to France because his family couldn't settle. In the end he went to Marseille - hardly a big step up - and took a pay cut.

Of course, it's still poor refusing to play, letting yourself put on weight, and maybe he was angling for a move to someone like Chelsea or United instead. BUT if it really was the case that he wanted to return to his home country, it is a little more understandable than your standard "I'm ambitious" moves.

There you go.

Not quite pal - suggest you put down the dutchie.

I'm a Richardhead (wtf) and now have a brother called Richard (wtfx2) according to our special little friend, ALWAYS. Its frankly bizarre as a number of PMs have suggested to me.

You don't need to be Groucho Marx or Oscar Wilde to know that if you come up with an excruciatingly bad and barely comprehensible putdown, it's probably not a good idea to double down on it :lol:

Edited by shurlock

I prefer a more nuanced and factual alteration to the original.

We've got van Dijk

Virgil van Dijk

I just don't think you understand

He's Jurgen Klopp's man

He's sitting in the stands

We've got Virgil van Dijk

This must be that famous scouse humour we're never hearing about...

AOBL

You sucked Klopp's d**k

You snakey Judas pr**k

Up there with Lennon and McCartney.

You sucked Klopp's d**k

You snakey Judas pr**k

Thing is the guy actually wants to leave..so surely it would **** him off more if we chanted, "We want you to stay'

If he walks on the pitch in a Saints shirt and shows decent commitment then cheer him on. He ain't our wife and he hasn't banged the milkman. I don't care about him as much as he doesn't care about us, but he gets my vote if he does the business on the pitch right up until the point that he buggers off elsewhere. When that happens I'll have forgotten him and be cheering on his replacement.