Rip Glen Campbell

Lord Duckhunter

He's one of the greatest guitarists ever, & had a great voice. A lot of people don't realise what a top session musician he was. Check out "The Wrecking crew" documentary on Netflix. The amount of famous records he played on was unbelievable. I'm not an emotional man at all, but his final tour film, when he was fighting dementia reduced me to tears. Sometimes he couldn't remember his kids names, the day it was,lost his rag plenty of times and needed his daughter to help him around the stage, but when he played his guitar, man it was amazing still. "I'll be me" , people should check it out.

Nobody played guitar like Glenn. Here there are some seriously great musicians watching him, Willie Nelson, Chet Atkins, Waylon Jennings amongst them and the respect is evident in their faces . RIP Glen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a massive country music fan but I like Glen Campbell - some great songs and clearly a very talented man. I watched "I'll be me" a while ago and it was a good watch - moving but also quite funny as well. I think there was one point where a doctor was asking him who the president was and after struggling for a few moments he turned round and said he didn't need to remember stuff like that.

I think there was one point where a doctor was asking him who the president was and after struggling for a few moments he turned round and said he didn't need to remember stuff like that.

Im going through a similar thing with my old man at the moment, watching that did make me laugh. The way he avoids answering. It was funny when the memory doctor asked him what day if was and Glen replied " I'm Glen Campbell why do I need to know what day it is".

That last concert during the film was a real heart in mouth moment, could he get through it without breaking down , heartbreaking really, and incredibly brave of the family to film it. His daughter was amazing, but even with a fuzzy brain, he played as sweet as ever.

Played Wichita lineman twice in a row by mistake, but can't see the audience complaining about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter