Forster

Cedric Stephens Yoshida Bertrand*

Romeu Davis

Tadic Lemina Boufal

Gabbiadini

*If fit, if not play MQueen.

Will need a bit more in midfield vs West ham hence why Lemina gets in over JWP

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Park the bus and pray that West Ham have an off day. Not losing would be beyond our wildest dreams so let's hope we can be solid at the back and steal a point.

Wow your attempts make Glasgow look like the equivalent of a trolling kung fu master.....

Edited by doddisalegend

I don't understand this w*nkfest for Davis, I thought he was our weakest player, and JWP was up there as our most effective player.

Well for a start he is the captain so he has to play. Secondly Davis is having to play as a holding midfielder (which is a damning statement of our other midfield options) which isn't the best use for him he should be playing were JWP played yesterday he is much better than JWP in the position behind the striker.

Surely, Lemina will start this one. another weeks of training, got to see what it was all about yesterday and at home....

I'm guessing so. Hoj and Clasie not even making the bench yesterday was pretty damning. I expect Lemina and Romeu will become our standard midfield this season leaving JWP and Davis fighting it out for the third position in behind the striker although Boufal looked good in that position when he came on so that's another option.

Well for a start he is the captain so he has to play. Secondly Davis is having to play as a holding midfielder (which is a damning statement of our other midfield options) which isn't the best use for him he should be playing were JWP played yesterday he is much better than JWP in the position behind the striker.

All a matter of opinion. We get to see every match here in Australia. Do you really see an ageing player such as Davis, a better option than an improving 22 year old, really!

Forster

Cedric Stephens Yoshida Bertrand

Romeu Davis

JWP Lemina Redmond

Gabbiadini

This is what I hope it will be

Pete, as a matter of interest - are there any circumstance - eg JWP's second half display yesterday - where you wouldn't include him in you starting eleven?

All a matter of opinion. We get to see every match here in Australia. Do you really see an ageing player such as Davis, a better option than an improving 22 year old, really!

Personally if I had the option I replace both of them with someone better but If I had to pick one to play it would be Davis the fact that and aging Davis is still one of our better options says more about our transfer policy than anything else.

I don't understand this w*nkfest for Davis, I thought he was our weakest player, and JWP was up there as our most effective player.

Me neither, he's a tidy player but offered very little for me. JWP was one of our better players yesterday and was much better than Davis last year. Davis should be a rotation option this year.

Lemina in for Davis for me (Lemina is not an attacking mid so no idea why people are putting him in that position)

And personally I'd drop Tadic for Boufal.

To be honest JWP has to play for set pieces alone because clearly no one else seems to be able to take them hence Yoshida taking that free kick at the end.

Park the bus and pray that West Ham have an off day. Not losing would be beyond our wildest dreams so let's hope we can be solid at the back and steal a point.

What a strange thing to say unless you are being ironic. West Ham haven't played yet? Otherwise we must assume you are not a Saints supporter and have just come on here to stir the ****! Go away!

Wow your attempts make Glasgow look like the equivalent of a trolling kung fu master.....
Yep, lots of schoolboy errors in his posts at the moment. Needs to be more subtle in his approach. It's a work in progress though so I don't think we should be too judgemental quite yet.

Oh dear.

JWP isn't fit to tie Davis boot laces..they are miles apart in creativity, linking midfield to attack and even pace. Actually, you would find it hard to find a slower midfield player in the premiership.. he makes Surman look quick.

Forster

Cedric Stephens Yoshida Bertrand

Lemina Romeu

JWP Boufal Redmond

Gabbi

Jwp wider for his crossing. Lemina and Cedric have the pace to make up for his lack of it. Boufal can skin his man or score from distance so I think we need to give him a run in that position.

I think we need more scoring punch. I don't buy into the mantra that yesterday was just a "one-off", we saw the same movie too many times last year with the same players. We have a whopping 2 guys who have proven they can score with some regularity, Gabbi and Austin, so I propose switching the formation to accommodate them. We can't tie our way to the top, but we can tie our way to the Championship. How about the dreaded 3-4-1-2:

Forster

Cedric- Yoshida-Bertrand

Romeu-Lemina

Tadic Redmond

Boufal

Gabbi-Austin

I think we need more scoring punch. I don't buy into the mantra that yesterday was just a "one-off", we saw the same movie too many times last year with the same players. We have a whopping 2 guys who have proven they can score with some regularity, Gabbi and Austin, so I propose switching the formation to accommodate them. We can't tie our way to the top, but we can tie our way to the Championship. How about the dreaded 3-4-1-2:

Forster

Cedric- Yoshida-Bertrand

Romeu-Lemina

Tadic Redmond

Boufal

Gabbi-Austin

Like it. If we put Long in goal though he can bomb up the field every time we're in possession.

Forster

Cedric- Yoshida-Bertrand

Romeu-Lemina

Tadic Redmond

Boufal

Gabbi-Austin

:mcinnes:

Forster

Cedric- Yoshida-Bertrand

Romeu-Lemina

Tadic Redmond

Boufal

Gabbi-Austin

This is the sort of cr*p you would do in FIFA, not real life.

Forster

Cedric, Yoshida, Stephens, Bertrand

Romeu, Lemina

JWP, Boufal, Tadic

Gabbiadini

Really no point in playing Tadic unless we play him on the left, big fan of Redmond but think he could give us bigger impact off the bench than Boufal does.

WHU are now very high tempo and physical with it. I'd play Long up front to mix it and Austin with a free roll behind. Gabbiadini off the left and one from Boufal, Redmond, Tadic etc on the right with Lemina alongside Romeu in front of the back four. We might get a goal but with the usual attack we are looking at seven at home in the league without scoring. Doing the same thing time after time and expecting a different result is stupidity.

WHU are now very high tempo and physical with it. I'd play Long up front to mix it and Austin with a free roll behind. Gabbiadini off the left and one from Boufal, Redmond, Tadic etc on the right with Lemina alongside Romeu in front of the back four. We might get a goal but with the usual attack we are looking at seven at home in the league without scoring. Doing the same thing time after time and expecting a different result is stupidity.
Long rightly won't start because he is ****e, especially if its to rectify poor finishing...

Austin rightly won't play in a free role behind as he would be ****e there as isn't an especially good footballer and is a central striker or nothing.

Gabbiadini is one of our best finishers so very likely won't be selected to play further away from the goal.

Romeu will play so at least you nailed that.

Hope that Masuako plays. Looks v poor

Can't really see why he was preferred to Cresswell today, unless Creswell wasn't fully fit. Bloke was just dire really. Mind you so were most of West Ham's players. They join Brighton and Palace in my relegation favourites group. South East disaster zone what..

Can't really see why he was preferred to Cresswell today, unless Creswell wasn't fully fit. Bloke was just dire really. Mind you so were most of West Ham's players. They join Brighton and Palace in my relegation favourites group. South East disaster zone what..

Yeah, Cresswell has been injured. He'll be back in next week unless there's a disaster during the week!

But I thought they looked horrendous, devoid of any plan or pattern to their play. Not sure what they were ever trying to achieve today. Lots of pressure on Bilic this year.

Feeling confident. Hopefully they will come out fighting to try and put right today's loss, and we can take advantage of the extra space. I would start with the same team as Saturday and hope that Lamina makes an appearance this time.