West Ham Build up

John Boy Saint

Is she still a going concern then ?

Well according to t'internet there is a gang..... oops coven of them called The Southampton Witches, they even have a Facebook page, so even if she has fallen in her cauldron or accidentally put a hex on herself pretty sure she will have a few mates who would gladly step in and give it a go........ anyone going through Burley out in the forest could nip in one of the shops and ask.

Of course the Gao's might have a resident Feng Shui grandmaster in their employ, so double bubble........................ You build stuff on old Ancient Briton sites all sorts of mischief goes on: no-one still actually really knows how they built Stonehenge!

:scared::spaz::eek:

MP presser

West ham are a strong side and have signed experienced players

we have to keep going the same way as we did against swansea

we know it will be a harder game

we have been working on our finishing, we have been playing mostly in a good way but the final 3rd has to improve

must keep going as we are on the right track

Have not spoken to Vigil directly as am involved with dynamic of the 1st team

Les and Ross want to keep the clubs best players. Both Ralph was also clear on this

I told them to progress we must keep our best players

I know the player (Hoedt) but do not want to talk about specifics

He is not for sale and hope he comes back to the 1st team soon

no new injuries, all are fit to play

have not met the Gao family

nothing will change at the structure of the club

looking forward to meeting them

Edited by Batman

MP presser

West ham are a strong side and have signed experienced players

we have to keep going the same way as we did against swansea

we know it will be a harder game

we have been working on our finishing, we have been playing mostly in a good way but the final 3rd has to improve

must keep going as we are on the right track

Have not spoken to Vigil directly as am involved with dynamic of the 1st team

Les and Ross want to keep the clubs best players. Both Ralph was also clear on this

I told them to progress we must keep our best players

I know the player (Hoedt) but do not want to talk about specifics

He is not for sale and hope he comes back to the 1st team soon

no new injuries, all are fit to play

have not met the Gao family

nothing will change at the structure of the club

looking forward to meeting them

That doesn't really tie in with the report that they told him directly that he would have no money to spend !

Can't imagine they sent him a mail or text to tell him something pretty crucial to his position as manager !

That doesn't really tie in with the report that they told him directly that he would have no money to spend !

Can't imagine they sent him a mail or text to tell him something pretty crucial to his position as manager !

Could have called him?

Interesting view from a knumb poster, some of it may be true, some of it actually resembles them,

Also, I can't stand them either !

thread

Postby the pink palermo on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:39 am

For some strange reason Southampton are one of those sides I don't like watching , they're neither dull nor exciting , they're nothing much at all : the very definition of a club settling for PL mid table respectability .These days they're a club without a romantic bone in their body .

However armed with a ticket , a flask of coffee and a couple of travel companions the pinkymobile will be departing in a couple of hours for the trip down to the industrial south coast , where it will of course be raining .

As to how I expect us to line up , I've no idea beyond the certain starters of Hart , Reid, Noble, Arnautovic and Hernabdez ,I doubt he will start with Antonio, probably bringing him on after an hour to get a solid 30 minutes under his belt .Rice, too, I would expect to get another half an hour , probably for Obiang who surely cannot be as poor again .I'd start with Rice myself, but I'm not sure Slaven will .

Economics might dictate that Zabaleta gets another start even though I'm not convinced of our 4 at the back set up .

The fact I can't see an obvious starting line up is setting a few alarm bells ringing .A couple of injuries and the squad is extremely limited .

One goal in this .Noble penalty to win it , but it's going to be a case of winning ugly .

Interesting view from a knumb poster, some of it may be true, some of it actually resembles them,

Also, I can't stand them either !

thread

For some strange reason Southampton are one of those sides I don't like watching , they're neither dull nor exciting , they're nothing much at all : the very definition of a club settling for PL mid table respectability .These days they're a club without a romantic bone in their body .

However armed with a ticket , a flask of coffee and a couple of travel companions the pinkymobile will be departing in a couple of hours for the trip down to the industrial south coast , where it will of course be raining .

As to how I expect us to line up , I've no idea beyond the certain starters of Hart , Reid, Noble, Arnautovic and Hernabdez ,I doubt he will start with Antonio, probably bringing him on after an hour to get a solid 30 minutes under his belt .Rice, too, I would expect to get another half an hour , probably for Obiang who surely cannot be as poor again .I'd start with Rice myself, but I'm not sure Slaven will .

Economics might dictate that Zabaleta gets another start even though I'm not convinced of our 4 at the back set up .

The fact I can't see an obvious starting line up is setting a few alarm bells ringing .A couple of injuries and the squad is extremely limited .

One goal in this .Noble penalty to win it , but it's going to be a case of winning ugly .

TBF, any Saints fan could probably repeat that word perfect to describe our thoughts on West Ham.

Tadic & Boufal in the same side always seem better on paper than they are on pitch together.

Yep - its a car crash when they play together. Then chuck in Redmond as well and those three play as though each other doesn't exist. It's all about balance and a maximum of two of them should be on the pitch at any one time - until they learn to play nice with each other which is qualified as:

1. Willing to pass to each other

2. Accept that if you pass to each other you may not get it back straight away

3. If you make a run and don't get the ball it won't be because you were ignored it could be because a better option was available and Heaven forbid you made a run for the sake of another player and didn't get the ball

They all play like they are the main man and the team should revolve around them at times.

I do like them as individual players though before anyone thinks I'm being negative.

Yep - its a car crash when they play together. Then chuck in Redmond as well and those three play as though each other doesn't exist. It's all about balance and a maximum of two of them should be on the pitch at any one time - until they learn to play nice with each other which is qualified as:

1. Willing to pass to each other

2. Accept that if you pass to each other you may not get it back straight away

3. If you make a run and don't get the ball it won't be because you were ignored it could be because a better option was available and Heaven forbid you made a run for the sake of another player and didn't get the ball

They all play like they are the main man and the team should revolve around them at times.

I do like them as individual players though before anyone thinks I'm being negative.

Good post! Sums it up well, I think (with my limited knowledge).

Would it be beneficial if tactics could change depending on who was considered the main man? Build a tactical set up around each of them (even when the others are on the pitch) and let them play freely, with others supporting? Are they each good enough to handle that?

It would offer different tactical options? Kind of like an American Football type of approach.

What thinkst thou?

For some strange reason Southampton are one of those sides I don't like watching , they're neither dull nor exciting , they're nothing much at all : the very definition of a club settling for PL mid table respectability .These days they're a club without a romantic bone in their body.

A very odd view point from a man who's club has

a) Finished below us for the last 4 years running.

b) Since promotion not finished higher than 7th, lower than 13th and is on average 11th.

c) Played in one cup final since 1981.

A very odd view point from a man who's club has

a) Finished below us for the last 4 years running.

b) Since promotion not finished higher than 7th, lower than 13th and is on average 11th.

c) Played in one cup final since 1981.

Yeah but they won the World Cup 50 years ago. That and their epic new footballing cauldron makes them the epitome of footballing romance and certainly not a dislocated, shell of a club run by spivs.

Two of Englands finest goalkeepers on show today, so I am expecting a tight game full of exciting saves. Will Hart's total inability to save things low to his left be outdone by FF penalty-box dominance?

3-1 Saints

Gabbi hattrick

Just worried about our aerial frailty.

Very happy if Carroll is still out but they still a have goal threat all over.

Our goal scoring for around a year has been woeful at home so is hardly a 1-off.

Strange that we haven't addressed that (yet).