Theo Walcott?

Mr X

If he’s not good enough for them, why should he be good enough for us.

Examples A and B: Romeu and Bertrand. Not good enough for their club, brilliant for us. That's our policy at the moment. I think we should also get Luke Shaw back in when we need a new LB.

Examples A and B: Romeu and Bertrand. Not good enough for their club, brilliant for us. That's our policy at the moment. I think we should also get Luke Shaw back in when we need a new LB.

Oriol Romeu, 24 when he joined us, Ryan Bertrand, 24 when he joined us. That's our policy. Theo Walcott, 28 going on 29. Reasonably certain it won't happen. Luke Shaw is a different matter, however we have Bertrand, McQueen and Targett, so again unlikely.

I'd take Wallcott back in a heart beat. He's stagnated at Arsenal and sometimes all a player needs is a change of scenery to kick start things again. He's better than anything we have so if we can afford him we need to be going for him! Wenger set him back imo. He always wanted to be played through the middle but Wenger turned him into a wing forward which set him back a bit, now he's so used to playing there he doesn't suit being played up top. He does it with so many players. That's why he hasn't fulfilled his potential for me, along with some unfortunate injuries.

Wondering if he was the (un-named) forward we were rumoured to be trying to sign in the last window which couldn't be completed at the time but negotiations were meant to be still ongoing. Guessing Arsenal wouldn't let him go until Sanchez's future was decided.

Usually I say never go back (unless - and with hindsight - you are Channon or Ball) but in Theo's case I'd take him like a shot.