Theo Walcott?

Mr X

A few papers suggesting theo is frustrated at his lack of game time at arsenal & longs to regain form, says Southampton could be the ideal platform for him to ressurect himself & get in the England team..... Would you welcome him back?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The problem is with all these players who bunk off to the big teams and find themselves sitting on their hands, is that they sign for wages that we cannot afford. The answer to your question, if we had to match his current wages, would be "no". You hear players going on about playing for love not money, but how many take a large wage cut to carry on playing (except when they reach the end of their career) rather than warm the bench and count their pennies?

Theo has earned more money than he can ever spend. He might be able to get by on £80kpw if he is intent on getting regular football. Arsenal may make a contribution too.

Probably won't happen. Never go back etc etc

I saw a story over the weekend that Kieron Gibbs wants more football and will leave Arsenal. Watford are rumoured to be interested but they can't match his wages and he won't drop his demands.

When are these dopeys ....ers going to realise that if you are moving back down the pyramid then you aren't going to get the same money!

If you are going from Arsenal to Watford you cannot expect the same money. Theo would have to come to the same conclusion.

A few papers suggesting theo is frustrated at his lack of game time at arsenal & longs to regain form, says Southampton could be the ideal platform for him to ressurect himself & get in the England team..... Would you welcome him back?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Which papers? Genuine question. I googled "Southampton Walcott transfer" and nothing came up on the first few pages (well, nothing recent)

• 1 month later...

Assuming he wants to stay in the EPL, and play regularly, then either us or West Ham are likely destinations imo. Not sure he would fancy going North (I have no reasoning for that statement).

It could also be an option for him taking a bigger pay packet to be a squad filler at Chelsea.

I think enough time has passed that he wouldn't see an issue coming back. Hardly a tail between his legs style return in the way that say, Morgan returning to us from United would have been.

Would be a superb signing for us as well - main issue is wages. Would we pay close to what he is getting now? You know West Ham would

I saw a story over the weekend that Kieron Gibbs wants more football and will leave Arsenal. Watford are rumoured to be interested but they can't match his wages and he won't drop his demands.

When are these dopeys ....ers going to realise that if you are moving back down the pyramid then you aren't going to get the same money!

If you are going from Arsenal to Watford you cannot expect the same money. Theo would have to come to the same conclusion.

Interesting when you consider that Gibbs signed for West Brom in the summer

He was exciting when he was 16 and too good for Redknapp to leave him out of the team, but despite those England caps he’s not always had a nailed-on place in the Arsenal team and is now a second-string player. If he’s not good enough for them, why should he be good enough for us. Nostalgia is never a reason to re-sign a former player; he must be better than anyone else available at the price and wages the club is prepared to pay.

If he’s not good enough for them, why should he be good enough for us. Nostalgia is never a reason to re-sign a former player; he must be better than anyone else available at the price and wages the club is prepared to pay.

That argument is completely fallacious as we are not in any way comparable to Arsenal this season. You are surmising that we should be challenging for the top 6 whereas in reality we are struggling to be even top 10 this season.

Walcott is better than anybody who would want to come here and is remotely affordable for us.

Always liked Walcott, but he's been at Arsenal 10 years, never fulfilled his potential, not good enough for them any more it seems, his main asset was his pace but at 28 that will be the first thing to go. Does not fit our profile. Can't see why we would sign him and really would prefer it if we didn't. Yes we need someone better than Redmond, and poor as he is not really sure that Theo is enough of a step up to make up for the negatives. It's a no from me.

TW is a striker...he is wasted on the wing, always had been and its such a shame. Don't want us to buy him and then whack him on the wing as well. As someone said he has the pace but once thats gone he hasn't got that many other attributes that stand out. Maybe Longs replacement...

Can see it happening. He wouldn't have to drop much of his wages if Gabbiadini is on £80k as reported elsewhere. Also his wife is a Southampton girl (Is he still with her?) and his family are only up the A34 at Newbury. Would make more sense that any similar team oop north

A few papers suggesting

Not really... it is the Express that had the story. All the others are simply rehashing the Express in their rumour roundup by saying "the Express says...". That isn't the same as them all having the story.

The Express is one of the least reliable sources of football news.