Gao Family Partnership (80% Stake)

JoeShmoe

I keep having this cringeworthy thought.

Gao: Ah, we have scored a goal. This is most joyus, Katatrinaaa.

KL: No, sorry, Mr Gao. That is Manchester United that have scored. We are the other team.

Gao: What, the ones in the glorious Red of the revolution, and the white of the innocence of youth?

KL: Umm, yes that is us.

Gao: *@*£"$&&*^^

KL: Err, Nelly, what did your father say?

Nelly: My father says "Rat Cocks" and perhaps we should execute their trainer.

Sorry, i'll get my coat.

Glad to see them there though, shows we are more than a passing fancy, (I hope) and perhaps he may, after executing their trainer, give over some wedge for a new striker.

The Argentine boss admits that he did not discuss the Gaos ambitions for Saints.

“We don't talk too much about the future of the club,” he said. “We were just talking about when we'll go to China to play a couple of games.”

Isn't that a bit odd if true? Surely talking about the future direction would have been top of the agenda for any manager of a football club talking to the owner?

Or possibly I'm over thinking this one, just for once... :)

Isn't that a bit odd if true? Surely talking about the future direction would have been top of the agenda for any manager of a football club talking to the owner?

Was probably just an after match chat so asking "how much money have we got?" Is a bit too 'Harry Redknapp' ;)

Even if the question of money was mentioned,it wouldn't be prudent to tell outsiders to be broadcast to our rivals,and make wagestransfers even more expensive.

Isn't it the case with the new ownership " Nothing changes", don't see the point in discussing that.

The problem is NOTHING has been said and that only leads to yet more anxity about the whole situation.

We are reliant on Kat and the stakeholders like UA and virgin media that we havent been sold down the yangtze

Despite the avalanche of negative media there hasnt been any response which some might say is very strange.

Nothing strange at all. First visit, chance to say "hello", a few briefings from team leaders on history and vision, a stadium tour and maybe Staplewood, meet the manager and one or two players.

Is it really his first visit? To a match perhaps but surely he has been to Southampton before, what sort would make such an investment without some first hand knowledge. Probably last year but still.

Is it really his first visit? To a match perhaps but surely he has been to Southampton before, what sort would make such an investment without some first hand knowledge. Probably last year but still.

Someone posted a link to Nelly's Instagram last week and if you are sad enough to scroll through the photos there were a couple from the end of last season, and one from late 2016. So it seems she at least has been to St Mary's a few times.

The problem is NOTHING has been said and that only leads to yet more anxity about the whole situation.

We are reliant on Kat and the stakeholders like UA and virgin media that we havent been sold down the yangtze

Despite the avalanche of negative media there hasnt been any response which some might say is very strange.

I find the Gaos' approach quietly reassuring. There were no PR leaks from them throughout the prolonged negotiations. It would have been easy for them to use a PR team to tell the fans how great they were going to be for the club. But, in my opinion, PR leaks and statements are generally deceptive so I have more respect for them for not doing that. I think they are going to be good for Southampton.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting article on the BBC website regarding the decline of the two Milan clubs. Both now Chinese owned and one paragraph deals with the ownership. Of particular interest to Saints was the comment

What Suning {Inter's owners} are now expected to be doing is generating a positive financial gain for the Chinese state and demonstrate that it is repatriating those funds. Otherwise, it needs to start connecting into Milan, to major trade and infrastructure projects.

So in the context of Saints, what will be the Gao's endgame? Repatriating funds to China or a trade/infrastructure deal?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41558125

ALL Chinese investment around the world is about CHINA FIRST . Buying land in Africa to produce food for China , "investing in countries" (via loans ) building dodgy roads , houses , etc then being allowed to exploit natural resources from said country while using locals as slave labour is the game , a bit like the British Empire or the American world domination. No good will come of Chinese investment for Saints , it is all about China getting world cup for the kudos nothing else. FIFA are totally bribable as we know and this is the Chinese modus operandi as always. Russia has shown the way with olympics and now WC ........

ALL Chinese investment around the world is about CHINA FIRST . Buying land in Africa to produce food for China , "investing in countries" (via loans ) building dodgy roads , houses , etc then being allowed to exploit natural resources from said country while using locals as slave labour is the game , a bit like the British Empire or the American world domination. No good will come of Chinese investment for Saints , it is all about China getting world cup for the kudos nothing else. FIFA are totally bribable as we know and this is the Chinese modus operandi as always. Russia has shown the way with olympics and now WC ........

None too keen on the Chinese people huh..

Not the Chinese people but the Chinese government , China has been recognized for years as the next country to dominate the world as western powers fade . If you look at where things are made when in America or here you will see that it is made in China . NFL gear , jackets , shirts etc all made in China . Investment abroad can finish at a stroke if the Chinese Govt think it's not serving their purpose .

So that's the dilemma for the Prem and championship teams do they struggle on or take the Yankee dollar or Chinese yuan ?

• 2 weeks later...

Have these Chinese lot actually said anything about their intentions or plans for the club?

It looks like they borrowed the money - it would be nice to know what they will do if we go down. We could easily end up like that shower of ****e down the road if the debt gets transferred to the club.

• 4 months later...
read the statement its his own investment not lander

From today's Echo:

"The accounts state that Lander Sports (UK) International Co Ltd acquired the entire share capital of St Mary’s Football Group Limited – essentially the club.

However, there is a Hong Kong based Lander company above that, of which Katharina Liebherr has become a minority stakeholder, which explains how she remains involved."

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/16100297.IN_DEPTH__A_detailed_look_at_the_Saints_accounts/

I want to see what Chelsea will do when their owner gets into troubled waters and asks for his money back!

Owners usually put money into football clubs. Thy don't take it back out again. Tony Bloom, Brighton's owner has spent about £150m of his own money on buying Brighton a new stadium and players. It would be almost unheard of for him to take a penny back out again. Kat is special.