Gao Family Partnership (80% Stake)

JoeShmoe

Owners usually put money into football clubs. Thy don't take it back out again. Tony Bloom, Brighton's owner has spent about £150m of his own money on buying Brighton a new stadium and players. It would be almost unheard of for him to take a penny back out again. Kat is special.

I don't think that is the case the debt is underwritten by Bloom but the club is paying it back.

Owners usually put money into football clubs. Thy don't take it back out again. Tony Bloom, Brighton's owner has spent about £150m of his own money on buying Brighton a new stadium and players. It would be almost unheard of for him to take a penny back out again. Kat is special.

What money has Kat taken out then? As far as I can tell she wrote off about 30m of debt and she refinanced Cortese's offshore loan in better terms. Neither of those activities takes money out of the club.

If her loan was paid back as part of the sale then ultimately Gao would have paid that one way or the other.

I don't think that is the case the debt is underwritten by Bloom but the club is paying it back.

Well, it is the case, and the club isn't paying it back. Football club owners, like race horse owners, do it for fun and always have done. They don't do it to make money.

"Though Bloom has ploughed more than £200million into Brighton his wealth is unknown. Some estimate it at a billion pounds, based on his expenditure at the club."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4783574/Brighton-s-Tony-Bloom-gambling-Premier-League-survival.html

Well, it is the case, and the club isn't paying it back. Football club owners, like race horse owners, do it for fun and always have done. They don't do it to make money.

"Though Bloom has ploughed more than £200million into Brighton his wealth is unknown. Some estimate it at a billion pounds, based on his expenditure at the club."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4783574/Brighton-s-Tony-Bloom-gambling-Premier-League-survival.html

I'm sorry that doesnt prove what you are saying. It might be the case but a loose line in the Daily Mail isn't proof.

Except she didn’t buy us, she inherited us. You knew that though - this another attempt from you at Glasgow-esque trolling.

What money has Kat taken out then? As far as I can tell she wrote off about 30m of debt and she refinanced Cortese's offshore loan in better terms. Neither of those activities takes money out of the club.

If her loan was paid back as part of the sale then ultimately Gao would have paid that one way or the other.

Devil's advocate or wilfully blind?

Devil's advocate or wilfully blind?

Answer the question.

What money has SHE taken out?

That doesn't concern whether or not Gao will or won't take money out but what money has she taken out? The money she got from Gao hasn't come out of the club and if a loan was repaid that's not money out either, it's netting off money in, save for any interest but the whole point of that loan was to be on better terms than the high interest loan Cortese took.

So, I'll ask again, what money has she taken out? See if you can muster an intelligent response.

Answer the question.

That doesn't concern whether or not Gao will or won't take money out but what money has she taken out? The money she got from Gao hasn't come out of the club and if a loan was repaid that's not money out either, it's netting off money in, save for any interest but the whole point of that loan was to be on better terms than the high interest loan Cortese took.

So, I'll ask again, what money has she taken out? See if you can muster an intelligent response.

How much was Corteses loan?

Not sure how much debt she wrote off - my understanding is that the last few years profits have been used to pay it back, whether in part or in full. In that sense, she has been taking money out of the club though that happened before the sale to gao.

Edited by shurlock

Answer the question.

£210M so far - hope that helps? Put nothing in for purchase - loans fully repaid - sold 80% for £210M. If you think she made nothing from SFC, then would love a similar deal from you any day!

£210M so far - hope that helps? Put nothing in for purchase - loans fully repaid - sold 80% for £210M. If you think she made nothing from SFC, then would love a similar deal from you any day!

Money she gets paid for 80% of the club is not money she's taken OUT of the club.

Money she gets paid for 80% of the club is not money she's taken OUT of the club.

O'Reilly?? Where has it come from then? And more to the point who will eventually pay for it?? My bad - Gao borrowed money to buy the club, and of course as it's a personal loan he will never (no never) want to recovery it or indeed sell the club for even more. Silly me - wish my daddy left me a footy club in his will.

Money I got from selling my house wasn't from my house because a Bank's mortgage paid for it, not the supposed new owner???

Great. That means the club will never ever have to pay gao back.

Relegation - bring it on

What Gao does in the future is on him. The money Kat was paid has not come from the club and quite frankly people criticising her are being ridiculous. She could have put us up for sale to all comers the moment her father died.

O'Reilly?? Where has it come from then? And more to the point who will eventually pay for it?? My bad - Gao borrowed money to buy the club, and of course as it's a personal loan he will never (no never) want to recovery it or indeed sell the club for even more. Silly me - wish my daddy left me a footy club in his will.

Money I got from selling my house wasn't from my house because a Bank's mortgage paid for it, not the supposed new owner???

She made £210million from selling us. That doesn't mean she took £210 million out of the clubs accounts.

Your house comparison is ridiculous because your house doesn't make money and fwiw - whether the buyer uses a mortgage or has enough money to buy it outright, the money as still come from one of them and not your house.

What Gao does in the future is on him. The money Kat was paid has not come from the club and quite frankly people criticising her are being ridiculous. She could have put us up for sale to all comers the moment her father died.

She has inadvertently taken money out of the club with this sale

Let’s not pretend that such a long, protracted sale that had all sorts of authorities involves, Kat had no idea how Gao was going to fund it all. After all, we were all told that she had the best interests of the club front and centre of everything

Unless of course, Gao is using his personal bank account to fund all of this.... I don’t think so either

Let’s not pretend that such a long, protracted sale that had all sorts of authorities involves, Kat had no idea how Gao was going to fund it all. After all, we were all told that she had the best interests of the club front and centre of everything

Unless of course, Gao is using his personal bank account to fund all of this.... I don’t think so either

So she should have just kept the club till the day she died and it stayed in her family forever...get real.

People on here need to grow the f*ck up. She did far more for us than she was ever expected to.

You are some special divot if you really believe your own cr ap.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Not sure how much debt she wrote off - my understanding is that the last few years profits have been used to pay it back, whether in part or in full. In that sense, she has been taking money out of the club though that happened before the sale to gao.

She converted 38m of debt to equity according to this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26813363

Odd move for someone looking to take cash out.

You don't understand what you're talking about pal.

The point is, you don't know.

As things stand, the evidence suggests she has put around 40m into the club and taken zero out aside from perhaps some relatively modest interest on an 11m loan.

Being paid by Gao is not taking money out. If Gao is shown to have dodgy motives or to be a bad owner then perhaps we will need to reevaluate but, as it stands, for someone who was essentially a reluctant owner one might say she has been a model custodian.

Chinese owners too I think.

Where's the money going?

If you read the article you'll know. Their player costs (wages and loans) are out of control. Nothing to do with the owner.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you read the article you'll know. Their player costs (wages and loans) are out of control. Nothing to do with the owner.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yup.

Looks a bit like us under Burley in the Championship, threw the Wallet at getting back into the Prem and came up short, the rest is history. Not sure where this lot were aiming their sights though, did think in the summer they were certainly Splashing the cash about. Seeing as they had a big boardroom clear out recently, the owner probably twigged that his tail was wagging him.

• 6 months later...