Gao Family Partnership (80% Stake)

JoeShmoe

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-08-14/katharina-liebherr-letter-to-southampton-football-club-fans

A letter to the fans of Southampton Football Club from Katharina Liebherr...

I am pleased to confirm that talks to bring in a new partner to our club have been concluded.

Following extensive and fruitful work, we are entering into a partnership with the Gao family and I am excited about what we will achieve together.

Today is the start of a new and exciting chapter for our club. Mr Jisheng Gao and his daughter, Mrs Nelly Gao, with whom I have built a close relationship, share our values and ambitions. As a team, we will strive to build upon the strong foundation that is in place towards sustainable long-term success.

Mr Gao, Nelly and I have full trust in Ralph Krueger and his management team. We wholeheartedly support their plans to follow the Southampton Way in the years ahead.

But for now it is business as usual at Southampton Football Club and we must allow everyone at the club to focus on the first few weeks of the new season.

I would like to thank the passionate supporters of the club for their ongoing loyalty and faith, and I look forward to seeing you soon at St Mary's.

We March On.

Katharina Liebherr

Statement from Mr Jisheng Gao

I am honoured and humbled to become a partner of Southampton Football Club alongside Katharina Liebherr, who, together with her father, has been such a great steward of the club, its growth and success.

Together, we have the passion and motivation to build on Southampton’s excellent progress in recent years as we look forward to an exciting next chapter for the club.

I'm interested to know the Goa's plan and ambition for the club. Nice that Kat still has a minority holding.

Does anyone know what the Goa's family wealth is, google searching doesn't throw up too much.

Just under $2billion

OMG - take a look at this article. Looks like it has been written by a 5 year old on crack. Proof checking obviously not part of the Daily Fail any more

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4789216/Gao-Jisheng-new-owner-Southampton-200m-takeover.html

Are there 5 year olds on crack ? That would be quite a concernful situation really.;)

Interesting.

It's a lot of money for him to personally invest - but I bet the job to redevelop the riverfront and around the stadium will go to Lander, and will ultimately give him some of his money back.

Not sure how I feel about this, but as ever I'm prepared to give him a chance (like I have a ****ing choice, eh?).

Well he did say we needed to get some serious talent in didn't he, or was that just made up stuff? I've lost track of it all really.

I do remember something like that but think it was pre tantrum.

Looking forward to finding informative posts between the Buy Coutinho and the That's it we're fkd posts. It's going to be fun.

Well, that came out of the blue. Nothing to do with Lander then.....?

I'm still of the opinion that KL would not have done this without being 100% sure that they're good. Hopefully the start of a seriously exciting era - not that the last 6 years haven't been exciting enough....

Just under $2billion

Cheers - Decent money but not up there with the top teams. He can't throw money at us anyway even if he wanted to due to FFP. It might increase our commercial activity in China though that will help FFP issues.

We'll still be self sustaining, which is fine by me. Be interesting to see how this affects out transfers in and out.

Edited by Saint_Ash

Cheers - Decent money but not up there with the top teams. He can't throw money at us anyway even if he wanted to due to FFP. I might increase our commercial activity in China though that will help FFP issues.

We'll still be self sustaining, which is fine by me. Be interesting to see how this affects out transfers in and out.

I think FFP stopped this year

Cheers - Decent money but not up there with the top teams. He can't throw money at us anyway even if he wanted to due to FFP. I might increase our commercial activity in China though that will help FFP issues.

FFP means nothing these days...just look at the Neymar deal....