Gao Family Partnership (80% Stake)

JoeShmoe

Oh no. According to this kKat is facing a very large tax bull!!!!!Is that when they put you in a rink and release the bull with Dollers on it's back?

I just hope Mr Joshing Geosynchronous had better have a lot of Cosh if we are to investiture and hopefully keep Virgil Van Dyke, rather than sell him to Liverspots.

:lol::lol:

So whose going to leave the baord now?:lol:

Bring on the Dyson hand dryers!

A couple more marquee signings before the transfer window is out would strengthen the fanbase's relationship with them. Does this strengthen our position on keeping VVD I wonder...?

We've had it so good with the Liebherrs. Naturally I have concerns about which way this new investment will take us, but I am heartened that she's kept a stake in the club. For someone who had the club unexpectedly thrust upon her, she's always done what she feels is best for us.

Nice win against the Hammers to get them started please!

Cheers - Decent money but not up there with the top teams. He can't throw money at us anyway even if he wanted to due to FFP. I might increase our commercial activity in China though that will help FFP issues.

We'll still be self sustaining, which is fine by me. Be interesting to see how this affects out transfers in and out.

I'm not exactly sure where we're at with FFP considering the activities over at PSG.

I do remember something like that but think it was pre tantrum.

Looking forward to finding informative posts between the Buy Coutinho and the That's it we're fkd posts. It's going to be fun.

Would be at least worth a cheeky bid just for ****s and giggles !

Edited by simo

The Premier League's wage control rules along with FFP (assuming it's still being enforced by UEFA) would both seriously hinder a smaller club like Southampton with comparatively small commercial revenues from investing big money in its playing staff.

It's almost as if that was the intention all along.

Oh no. According to this kKat is facing a very large tax bull!!!!!Is that when they put you in a rink and release the bull with Dollers on it's back?

I just hope Mr Joshing Geosynchronous had better have a lot of Cosh if we are to investiture and hopefully keep Virgil Van Dyke, rather than sell him to Liverspots.

:lol::lol:

So whose going to leave the baord now?:lol:

Managed to find a picture of him, not sure what to make of it...

sedcw.jpg

The Premier League's wage control rules along with FFP (assuming it's still being enforced by UEFA) would both seriously hinder a smaller club like Southampton with comparatively small commercial revenues from investing big money in its playing staff.

It's almost as if that was the intention all along.

Like someone said above sponsorship deals are an easy way round it .

Here is a question for you, if this guy has paid £210 million to Kat for 80%, what is to stop her investing some of that into the club as she still partly owns the club?

Not saying she would, but is there something stopping this from happening. I think FFP only allows £30 million investment but as stated already, there are ways around this.

Here is a question for you, if this guy has paid £210 million to Kat for 80%, what is to stop her investing some of that into the club as she still partly owns the club?

Not saying she would, but is there something stopping this from happening. I think FFP only allows £30 million investment but as stated already, there are ways around this.

Absolutely nothing. It will of course not happen but I love the optimism :lol:

She can do this in a couple of ways, wither through a loan (which necessarily will have to be repaid) through purchasing shares (why? she just sold them) or through a capital contribution which is extremely unlikely given she is a minority shareholder.

Do not delude yourself, we aren't going to see a bent halfpenny of that 210 million so the why's and wherefores of "investment" are of no interest. If any money is injected into the club it will come from the Gao's and their associates not Ms Liebherr.

Retaining a 20% share is just a sop to supporters who are wary of anything new.

OMG - take a look at this article. Looks like it has been written by a 5 year old on crack. Proof checking obviously not part of the Daily Fail any more

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4789216/Gao-Jisheng-new-owner-Southampton-200m-takeover.html

How much do you spend on subscriptions to print media? if the answer is "zero" then you don't get to complain about copy editing. With sincere thanks, a copy editor.

I think I'll reserve judgement on this one (cautiously optimistic though), I have enjoyed being under the stewardship of the Liebherrs, they have done wonders for the club - hopefully this will turn out to be a good thing.

Does our "business model" require us to spend big on transfers to take the next step or do we need to just manage to keep hold of our best players long enough for them to achieve things ? Maybe this investment will help us do this at least !

Suppose I am just trying to be optimistic about this as I cant help but feel worried. Absolutely no reason to feel concerned, just think it has come from a fear of change. Investment was definitely required though.

Fear of change, it's natural to be honest. When things have been so stable for a while and something comes along to change that, there will always be fear and concern.

But I honestly don't see this as a bad thing. Kat was not going to sell us to some shysters without any intentions or finance. I know people seem to think they're skint, but that wouldn't make any sense. We can all agree that with the changing face of football, we needed fresh investment. This will give us that, otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

Fear of change, it's natural to be honest. When things have been so stable for a while and something comes along to change that, there will always be fear and concern.

But I honestly don't see this as a bad thing. Kat was not going to sell us to some shysters without any intentions or finance. I know people seem to think they're skint, but that wouldn't make any sense. We can all agree that with the changing face of football, we needed fresh investment. This will give us that, otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

Depends how much she needed the money really doesn't it. I have no idea, as no doubt does anbody else on the forum.

I mean people pawn stuff and sell family heirlooms and the like at auctions because they need the money don't they.

Not casting nasturtiums ( Sheridan, The Rivals !) of course but you just can't say..

Perhaps KL needs the cash- that's in her interest, though not necessarily ours.

You've got no way of knowing any of that, just your hopes. There's no-way KL can be certain what they're going to do with the club.