Gao Family Partnership (80% Stake)

JoeShmoe

Very concerning how long this whole process took, let's hope it's for the best. Time will tell.

I hope they communicate their plans shortly in terms of what they will bring to the table. Right now it would appear nothing other than Kat getting her wedge out.

It would be great if our transfer budget was increased, but unlikely IMO.

Hopefully they have plans to build on the recent investment and development in the infrastructure of the club.

Cheers - Decent money but not up there with the top teams. He can't throw money at us anyway even if he wanted to due to FFP. It might increase our commercial activity in China though that will help FFP issues.

We'll still be self sustaining, which is fine by me. Be interesting to see how this affects out transfers in and out.

Could he not sponcer the stadium, with Ethiad as an example? Or has that been outlawed now?One of you our there will be up to speed on this.

All loans made by Kat are paid off - we are in effect debt free now.

Adam Leitch‏Verified account @adamleitchsport 5m5 minutes ago

Adam Leitch Retweeted Adam Leitch

To confirm all loans to KL have been paid off as part of the deal so #saintsfc are more or less debt free

Adam Leitch added,

Adam LeitchVerified account @adamleitchsport

Markus Liebherr invested £15m. Katharina £54m. That's a profit of £141m plus a stake still worth more than £50m at this valuation #saintsfc

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

Will be interesting to see what role Nelly Gao has at the club, assuming it's her fathers wealth. Let's hope she doesn't become the elephant in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping she dips into her purse for a few £million to be invested in the team.

If she's as good for the club as the Liebherr's have been then in time she'll become known as Nelly the Benevolent.

To confirm all loans to KL have been paid off as part of the deal so #saintsfc are more or less debt free

Adam Leitch added,

Markus Liebherr invested £15m. Katharina £54m. That's a profit of £141m plus a stake still worth more than £50m at this valuation #saintsfc

A good foundation to push on from.

I sit pretty close to Kat and anyone who saw her watch the ML tribute on Saturday could see she was visibly very emotional. The family took a gamble many years ago, have made some excellent hiring decisions in Cortese, Reed and Krueger and leave a fantastic legacy that has given many people huge pleasure including two cup finals, two promotions and four consecutive top eight finishes. With the exception of Chelsea and Man City I cannot think of any other club for whom a takeover has had such a sustainable impact (the word sustainable means Blackburn are excluded!). Every Saints fan should be saying a huge thank you

We don't have 210 million £, Kat does. Doubt if she plans ploughing back much of it on kick ass players though.

Quite-this cash is a payment for her shares, it will not come to the club as working capital. I doubt if she will use any money to increase her loans to the club, as she is a minority shareholder now. The club will still owe her the amount of her loans.

I sit pretty close to Kat and anyone who saw her watch the ML tribute on Saturday could see she was visibly very emotional. The family took a gamble many years ago, have made some excellent hiring decisions in Cortese, Reed and Krueger and leave a fantastic legacy that has given many people huge pleasure including two cup finals, two promotions and four consecutive top eight finishes. With the exception of Chelsea and Man City I cannot think of any other club for whom a takeover has had such a sustainable impact (the word sustainable means Blackburn are excluded!). Every Saints fan should be saying a huge thank you

Absolutely right.

:toppa:

Quite-this cash is a payment for her shares, it will not come to the club as working capital. I doubt if she will use any money to increase her loans to the club, as she is a minority shareholder now. The club will still owe her the amount of her loans.

Nah, they won't. In most cases like this the loans are repaid and indeed Adam Leitch confirmed that her loans were repaid as part of the transaction.

PA News say all loans paid in full. Why would you pay tax on the capital gain when loan repayments are tax free? No business runs like you suggest . A big 4 accountant and a top city solicitor will see to that

Not forgetting the several meltdowns we've had along the way to keep the SWF doom and gloom merchants happy :)

Adam Leitch added,

That is great news that the hefty loans to Katharina have been paid off. Great start.

That is great news that the hefty loans owed to Katharina have been paid off. Great start.

The loans came from KL not to her; Jeez can't they get anything right, it's a question of basic language.

Loan = someone lending you money, borrow= taking money loaned by someone else.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I don't know what Samuel is talking about. FFP has not ended (or if it has, the news coverage of the ending has been remarkably muted). And Everton has not accomplished anything yet. He makes it sound like Everton has locked up regular appearances in the Champions League. Samuel has always hated FFP for good reason, but this article seems to leave reason behind so that he can assert as true what he wants to be true.

Overwhelming feeling is disappointment that this has happened despite it being on the cards for some time. I don't think any club under Chinese ownership has flourished since they bought into their respective clubs, and all the indications here have been that Gao/Lander have struggled to get the deal done. Just hope the Gao's can continue the Liebherr legacy and good work but not excited by today's news.

Overwhelming feeling is disappointment that this has happened despite it being on the cards for some time. I don't think any club under Chinese ownership has flourished since they bought into their respective clubs, and all the indications here have been that Gao/Lander have struggled to get the deal done. Just hope the Gao's can continue the Liebherr legacy and good work but not excited by today's news.

Leicester for one, not sure how they'll do this year but the Chinese are certainly putting money in. Even if we don't start paying massive fees and we keep our business model of buying up and coming players, we may be able to offer higher wages when they start to fulfill their potential, meaning they don't bugger off to the scousers the second they start to perform.

Leicester for one, not sure how they'll do this year but the Chinese are certainly putting money in. Even if we don't start paying massive fees and we keep our business model of buying up and coming players, we may be able to offer higher wages when they start to fulfill their potential, meaning they don't bugger off to the scousers the second they start to perform.

They have Thai owners.

Wolves are owned by a Chinese 'investment' vehicle, and seemingly Jorge Mendes. That smells a bit fishy though.

Come on mush i know you're a septic but i thought you were more in touch with our sense of humour than that!

Sorry for missing that, but given that someone else linked to a Samuel article saying that FFP had ended, I think I can be forgiven. In any case, here are some links to relatively recent articles that sort of demonstrate it is still on going.

Also, I am not a septic.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-transfer-news/2017/6/19/15828876/mohamed-salah-liverpool-transfer-uncertainty-roma-financial-fair-play-porto

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-mohamed-salah-35-million-roma-jurgen-klopp-tadic-keita-werner-solanke-a7785676.html

http://www.espnfc.com/uefa-champions-league/story/3141170/porto-are-only-club-punished-for-breaking-financial-fair-play-rules

Will be interesting to see what role Nelly Gao has at the club, assuming it's her fathers wealth. Let's hope she doesn't become the elephant in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd thing to say. Why would she be?

Inclined to agree but it's a sign of the times. As a mate of mine said last week, it's more about 75 billion Chinese people wanting to watch Southampton V Crystal Palace these days.

Kat was not going to sell us to some shysters without any intentions or finance.

To be fair, you don't have the slightest clue wether that is true or not.

I'm glad it's all sorted out, think it's a good sign that Kat has kept 20% - could mean that she's expecting progression.