Gao Family Partnership (80% Stake)

JoeShmoe

Yes, and a radio station.

And top class catering....

Then sort out the squad and the ground if there's any money left over.

If we don't have a Striker and Midfielder fronted radio show within the month then they will have fallen at the first hurdle.

Hoping she dips into her purse for a few £million to be invested in the team.

If she's as good for the club as the Liebherr's have been then in time she'll become known as Nelly the Benevolent.

Absolute gold haha !!

Will see if my father in law knows anything about this bloke . He is also chinese and very wealthy , has lots of connections .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Absolute gold haha !!

Will see if my father in law knows anything about this bloke . He is also chinese and very wealthy , has lots of connections .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Did he not want to buy a football club?

'Kats got her money' - staplewood employee

Fair play to her too. She didn't buy the club and by all accounts she had no interest in football before she inherited Saints. Despite this, she hung around and has left us in an extremely stable condition, having just enjoyed some of our most successful seasons ever.

Yep fair play too. She has taken us as far as she possibly could IMHO. She didn't want to invest her own money and we need to respect that.

Hopefully the new owner can take us to the next level.

Done any interviews for Sky, 5Live, Talksport on your thoughts yet? Must be a deluge of PMs coming in.

Few PMs mate. Mostly from Always.... Couple from Tom28 too asking for itk titbits

Good to hear pal - I know you have a few contacts in and around the game, especially north of the border.

Just hoping Always hasn't sent you any pics this time.

Fair play to her too. She didn't buy the club and by all accounts she had no interest in football before she inherited Saints. Despite this, she hung around and has left us in an extremely stable condition, having just enjoyed some of our most successful seasons ever.

Quite right. Katharina has seen us through to clam waters and I am sure that with some shrewd investment we can become a stable premier team.

Quite right. Katharina has seen us through to clam waters and I am sure that with some shrewd investment we can become a stable premier team.

Aren't we now then ?

Dalek in the running for the 'quickest bite of the year' trophy I reckon... ;)

I sit pretty close to Kat and anyone who saw her watch the ML tribute on Saturday could see she was visibly very emotional. The family took a gamble many years ago, have made some excellent hiring decisions in Cortese, Reed and Krueger and leave a fantastic legacy that has given many people huge pleasure including two cup finals, two promotions and four consecutive top eight finishes. With the exception of Chelsea and Man City I cannot think of any other club for whom a takeover has had such a sustainable impact (the word sustainable means Blackburn are excluded!). Every Saints fan should be saying a huge thank you

Absolutely Forester. Agreed.

But let's not forget it's a mutual benefit; the Club has been good to the Leihber family too.

Cortese was the smart guy to put the club in front of ML and point out that the 15th largest brand franchise in UK soccer was languishing at the bottom of the third tier. Buy low, sell high. He should share in some of Kat's spoils.

Absolutely, 100% this. Why the hell anybody has anything bad to say about her or her family is beyond me. We were down and out. She had no reason to carry on after her father's death. Fair play to her, glad her father's gamble paid off.

Absolutely Forester. Agreed.

But let's not forget it's a mutual benefit; the Club has been good to the Leihber family too.

Cortese was the smart guy to put the club in front of ML and point out that the 15th largest brand franchise in UK soccer was languishing at the bottom of the third tier. Buy low, sell high. He should share in some of Kat's spoils.

wasn't his actual job that of an investment advisor?

I sit pretty close to Kat and anyone who saw her watch the ML tribute on Saturday could see she was visibly very emotional. The family took a gamble many years ago, have made some excellent hiring decisions in Cortese, Reed and Krueger and leave a fantastic legacy that has given many people huge pleasure including two cup finals, two promotions and four consecutive top eight finishes. With the exception of Chelsea and Man City I cannot think of any other club for whom a takeover has had such a sustainable impact (the word sustainable means Blackburn are excluded!). Every Saints fan should be saying a huge thank you

Great post. We were days away from liquidation and Markus took a punt on us. They pumped money in to fund the promotions and to build a sustainable future. Don't begrudge their return and thank them for their time with us.

Aren't we now then ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We surely can only be as stable as our average results allow. And as far as our recent home average reveals, we ain't scoring goals. So I can't see us as stable yet.

But I agree, Kate has done us proud. Les too has finally come up with the transfers-in, that we sorely lacked at this time last year. So it's up to players and coach now.

There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to maintain a top ten position.

Thanks so much, Kate. We all owe you.

Not sure about the ðeal in all honesty. Just hope there aren't a bunch of skeletons in the closet to jump out and tarnish saints down the road.

Definitely a wait and see moment. Although we are obviously in a much stronger position in 2017 it feels strangely like the reverse takeover with Lowe in terms of unknown quantity.

Hopefully a load of cash will be made available to strengthen now and VVD will stay. It's always a nervous time when you get new owners, everybody has high hopes, many don't deliver, hopefully these will deliver, let's see what the rest of the transfer window brings.

Consortium as well...?

I missed that, good spot, but it could just be a translation issue.

If say he's taken a 10 year loan which has to be amortised to zero over the course of the loan - i.e. paid off like a repayment mortgage- that will require circa £30m a year to fund the loan-that's a big chunk of change out of the transfer budget.

If say he's taken a 10 year loan which has to be amortised to zero over the course of the loan - i.e. paid off like a repayment mortgage- that will require circa £30m a year to fund the loan-that's a big chunk of change out of the transfer budget.

it is alright, Kat has our best interests at heart (and not her own bank balance)

So Kat's loans to the club was paid off but the new owner now needs to find 200 odd million to service the loan he needed to buy the club I guess he ain't going to have anything to invest any time soon then....

Edited by doddisalegend

So that's the worst possible outcome then. As expected, the club is now to all intents and purposes £210m in the debt.

The article implies that the deal is almost wholly funded by debt (more so than the original deal that was 70% debt-financed). This would make sense given that the majority of Gao's assets are likely to be inside China and difficult to shift. And christ knows what terms he's borrowing on in order to skirt regulatory restrictions on outward investment.

Gao couldn't get his money out of China to buy us due to government financial regulations so borrowed the money from an off short bank to finance the deal while using his off shore assets as collateral.

In other deals (e.g. Wanda), the Chinese government has been telling banks not to allow clients to use their offshore assets as collateral for financing. It's a different world.

Edited by shurlock

Yep fair play too. She has taken us as far as she possibly could IMHO. She didn't want to invest her own money and we need to respect that.

Hopefully the new owner can take us to the next level.

Via increased commercial revenue ? It will be intresting to see how things develop as personal wealth is irrelevant.

Gao couldn't get his money out of China to buy us due to government financial regulations so borrowed the money from an off short bank to finance the deal while using his off shore assets as collateral.

Well that might be true but he's borrowed the money from a Chinese State owned bank based in Hong Kong.