Thank You To The Liebherr Family

Gemmel

Whilst Katarina still owns 20%, she is now a minority shareholder and I would imagine the fee for the other 20% has already been agreed and probably subject to certain conditions regarding promised investment etc. Regardless the Liebherr family no longer own Southampton Football Club.

We had them for 8 years and 1 week............... And what a bloody brilliant 8 years that has been.

I am not sure we could have asked for anymore. The investment, the promotions, the year on year successes, European football, Cup finals and our highest ever Premier league finish.

As a lifelong Saints fan, it's a MASSIVE thank you to both Marcus and Katharina, who have a place in Southampton history forever.

Whilst Katarina still owns 20%, she is now a minority shareholder and I would imagine the fee for the other 20% has already been agreed and probably subject to certain conditions regarding promised investment etc. Regardless the Liebherr family no longer own Southampton Football Club.

We had them for 8 years and 1 week............... And what a bloody brilliant 8 years that has been.

I am not sure we could have asked for anymore. The investment, the promotions, the year on year successes, European football, Cup finals and our highest ever Premier league finish.

As a lifelong Saints fan, it's a MASSIVE thank you to both Marcus and Katharina, who have a place in Southampton history forever.

Totally agree

I could not agree more.

They have been fantastic owners. People who as a fan, I trusted 100% to do the right thing by the club and they always delivered on that score.

While times and circumstances change of course, I agree with Alpine that there is a feeling of sadness that they are no longer our owners.

Again thankyou to the Liebherr family for everything you have done for our club - You have been the best.

It says so much about how well they did that I am feeling fearful, not hopeful at this situation.

Thank you so much Markus and Katharina. These were the greatest years I and many thousands will have ever known as Saints fans.

Edited by Colinjb

Hear hear without someone like this Family willing to unite the club back together financially who knows what might be(hedge fund management comes to mind) and what a good platform weve been left with for the next journey to begin.

Nothing but good memories of their stewardship. They have invested and Kat has continued what Markus set in stone - his ambition was for us to become a stable Top 10 premier league club, we did that in record time.

Now she feels that it's time for some external input to help us keep the level and maybe even improve on it.

They have been amazing custodians for our football club, not just Kat, but the entire family. I can understand peoples trepidation and fear of what may be ahead, but this is being done with the full blessing of the Liebhers, and everything they have done for us has been spot on. This deal would not be happening if it didn't benefit. They're not going to sell us up the river.

On wards and upwards, but they will forever by a huge piece of our club.

Absolutely agree. I am a little apprehensive about the future but I am sure that Kat would have imposed conditions that benefit SFC. Interesting times ahead.

if you impose conditions or not theres nothing she can do now as a minority inverstor.

This definitely

From day one - to today (and no doubt going forward) - the Liebherr family have been absolutely fantastic for this football club. When you consider what could have been, we were blessed to have been associated with this family. Thank you.

Absolutely this, well said. Marcus set us on our way and it's been a memorable time. New owners have a lot to live up to and I wish them well.

It's been a tremendous time under the Liebherr's ownership of the club, providing us with a great journey from L1 to where we are now.

Thank you indeed to both Marcus & Katharina. Just hope her judgement proves sound in selling to the Gao's.

Here,here. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well said :thumbup:

Hopefully the Gao's can take us on to another step up that Kat felt she couldn't/

have to say...remember when we got relegated from the championship, swing Lowe from the itchen bridge and reading about in-fighting in the stands....in the poo with no money in the bank..even the daft statue we bought was a joke......

and then some short Italian and some rich bloke we never heard of set the wheels in motion to the point where we are buying player from Bayern Munich and Juventus, disappointed with not getting out of the groups on the Europa League and forcing a £60m player to train alone

the Liebherr's have certainly cemented themselves by design (and some luck) into SFC and Southampton history.

what a ride.

:toppa:

The Liebherr's were fantastic for this club, not just in the money they put in to save us but in the way they ran it, connecting with the community and not going down the route of overspending at every opportunity (well apart from a couple of seasons when the mad midget was unchecked).

What I like about ML and then KL's tenure is that they had faith in their acquisition. We weren't in a good place, but then we weren't expensive in the scheme of things either. It was taken under their wing, some money was spent and we are where we are. Excellent owners.

They've delivered one of the best periods in our club's history and clearly taken care in passing on the baton. In the mad world of football nothing is ever certain but I'm optimistic about the future.

A huge thank you to Katharina, to Markus and to everyone around them.

This 100% this