Thank You To The Liebherr Family

Gemmel

TBF we've already got him on a 100ft square banner but we never get to see it.

TWO massive banners actually. The original and the one created for the EFL Cup Final.

Anyway, thanks to the Liebherrs for a fantastic run. Lets hope we can keep up those standards.

Edited by The9

We as a city as well as a football club owe a huge debt of gratitude firstly to Marcus for taking us on at our lowest but I think even more so to Kat who should be immensely proud of what she has achieved in her great father's name. She is every bit as much of a legend to this club as Marcus and all the greats on the forum banner.

I firmly believe she is passing us on to the best owners possible and trust that she's made a good decision.

Enjoy all your future ventures Kat, you'll always be a Saint.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Whilst Katarina still owns 20%, she is now a minority shareholder and I would imagine the fee for the other 20% has already been agreed and probably subject to certain conditions regarding promised investment etc. Regardless the Liebherr family no longer own Southampton Football Club.

We had them for 8 years and 1 week............... And what a bloody brilliant 8 years that has been.

I am not sure we could have asked for anymore. The investment, the promotions, the year on year successes, European football, Cup finals and our highest ever Premier league finish.

As a lifelong Saints fan, it's a MASSIVE thank you to both Marcus and Katharina, who have a place in Southampton history forever.

Can I add in early 2009 if someone had told me and my mate as we trudged across Northam Bridge back to the car in the drizzle with very little to say to each other aside from debating whether to bother going next game. (Which we did) That within next 10 years we would be standing in the San Siro wearing our Saints shirts in the Europa League it would have lightened the moment and probably had us giggling all the way home. Even more so in the summer as we stood with our toes over the edge of the Abyss, with chancers and time wasters mucking about...... you did wonder how the clowns down the road managed to get snapped up so quickly...... and us with all the infrastructure in place looking increasingly like the worst was going to happen.

Thank you very much Markus and Katharina you will forever be in the hearts of Southampton fans.

TBF we've already got him on a 100ft square banner but we never get to see it.

Good point - is anybody knowledgeable on the status of the banner? I remember some comments that the banner rolled out at Wembley was NOT the banner paid for by the supporters, if so where is our banner.....

Fully agree with the majority of sentiments on this thread. I don't feel like Alpine does, i'm more positive - why would the Chinese invest if they didn't feel they could improve on where we are?

How about we add Markus onto the legends banner??

I suppose the Chinese owners would be banking on expanded future TV deals into Asia and India to provide profit on their investment. The Liebherr family are legendary figures who have provided eight memorable years to all who care about SFC. Katharina has been such a class act; principled, dignified and trustworthy - remember how she took a bit of stick from the media when Cortese departed - kept her own counsel and steadied the ship - reassured staff and has delivered in a steady, measured way.

Thumbs up, smiley, plus one from me to the Liebherr family and this thread. Brought a tear to my eye reading though (some of) the comments.

Would Saints really have disappeared if Marcus hadn't gambled? I don't know. I reckon though, given what other choices appeared to be around then,

we wouldn't be where we are now for sure. I like what this club, seemingly, stands for; if only because of physical limitations. There are many other football clubs

wishing they were in Southampton' position, no doubt about that.

Whilst Katarina still owns 20%, she is now a minority shareholder and I would imagine the fee for the other 20% has already been agreed and probably subject to certain conditions regarding promised investment etc. Regardless the Liebherr family no longer own Southampton Football Club.

We had them for 8 years and 1 week............... And what a bloody brilliant 8 years that has been.

I am not sure we could have asked for anymore. The investment, the promotions, the year on year successes, European football, Cup finals and our highest ever Premier league finish.

As a lifelong Saints fan, it's a MASSIVE thank you to both Marcus and Katharina, who have a place in Southampton history forever.

Will be ironic if she's just sold us to the equivalent of Chanrai and we're all thanking her for it.

But for what Marcus, Nicola and Katrina have done, we have certainly been very lucky to have them at the club.

Do you know what? If saints were an American Football Team, and Rickie Lambert a fat drunking wreck who had thrown away his god given talent when we bought him, and Marcus passing away, Hollywood would make a film about us.

A plucky little team, thrown onto the garbage tip of Soccer and with now where left to go but down. Then, thanks to the vision of one man, and a group of mercena.........dedicated players, the team finally made their way to the top.

Starring Kevin Spacey, as Rupert Lowe, Bill Nighy as Nigel Adkins, Tom Hardy as Rickie Lambert, Al Percino as Nicola Cortese, Michael Gambon as Marcus Leibherr, Harry Styles as Adam Nivea, Luke Pasqualino as Jose Bigballs, Idris Elba as Guly Del Prado.

At the end of this film, you'll all be red and white. They March on, will you?

Sorry, early morning and i'm off my medication.

Do you know what? If saints were an American Football Team, and Rickie Lambert a fat drunking wreck who had thrown away his god given talent when we bought him, and Marcus passing away, Hollywood would make a film about us.

A plucky little team, thrown onto the garbage tip of Soccer and with now where left to go but down. Then, thanks to the vision of one man, and a group of mercena.........dedicated players, the team finally made their way to the top.

Starring Kevin Spacey, as Rupert Lowe, Bill Nighy as Nigel Adkins, Tom Hardy as Rickie Lambert, Al Percino as Nicola Cortese, Michael Gambon as Marcus Leibherr, Harry Styles as Adam Nivea, Luke Pasqualino as Jose Bigballs, Idris Elba as Guly Del Prado.

At the end of this film, you'll all be red and white. They March on, will you?

Sorry, early morning and i'm off my medication.

:lol: I want to see it, with that cast!

:lol: I want to see it, with that cast!

With all of the American Football films based on true stories, this would make a perfect triumph-over-adversity fare. I know that Hollywood would glamp it up a little with us winning the Champions league by beating Manchelsea United 4-3 in extra time with Rickie scoring an overhead kick, but it would be a tale to tell.

Did I mention Christopher Nolan as director?

With all of the American Football films based on true stories, this would make a perfect triumph-over-adversity fare. I know that Hollywood would glamp it up a little with us winning the Champions league by beating Manchelsea United 4-3 in extra time with Rickie scoring an overhead kick, but it would be a tale to tell.

Did I mention Christopher Nolan as director?

You're missing Vinnie Jones in there somewhere. Perhaps as Lee Barnard ...

No, Richard Chaplow. Purely for the Barnsley sending off.

Or Oscar Gobern at Bournemouth; that was even more spectacular.

Brilliant years since 2009, so many highlights (JPT, back-to-back promotions, stabilisation and the wins over City, Chelsea and Liverpool, four successive 8th or better finishes including top 6, Gabi's equaliser at the EFL Final and beating Inter in Europe). Impressed that the debts were cleared and Gao bought the club with own cash and not through Lander borrowing although let's see what the new regime brings - bit worried about who she has sold to. Our infrastructure, which to be fair had attracted Markus and was already good, has been taken on several other levels not least Staplewood which must be the envy of a lot of clubs. The academy is regenerating too after what was always going to be a lean period after the struggles of the late 2000s and impact on recruitment.

Edited by saint1977