Saints U23 v Reading U23 - Live coverage this evening

trousers

Enjoyed watching it but I wonder how much benefit the kids are getting. We'll be playing far weaker teams in Division 2 and whilst it will be good fun seeing us thump teams is it really optimal for development of our players? It just means the jump they need to make when they train / play for the first team is even bigger and that is a greater obstacle to overcome.

Enjoyable match and impressive performance with the front three looking very good against admittedly a poor Reading defence. Thought Armani Little played well in midfield as did Bakery at full back. Hoj and Matt Target played well without being spectacular. Disappointed with Callum Slattery - I thought that he did not get involved enough. As I have only recently moved back into the area this is the first Reserves (as we used to call them) fixture I have seen live for the best part of 40 years! I think Danny Wallace played in the last Reserve fixture I saw!!