Add Markus to the banner!

Ohio Saint

Definitely yes!!!

Markus may have only been with us a year but he may well just be the most important figure in Saints history. With the possible exception of MLT. I remember his wife saying that he listened to our game against Bournemouth in the LC, went to sleep with a big smile on his face and never woke up. The other thing I've heard is the first thing he did when he purchased us was go around local business', found out how our administration had affected them and made them all a donation to reimburse them which he didn't have to do, in secret as well as he didn't like being "praised".

I'll add my contributions to the "open letter" thread later. The man will be a Saints legend forever.

Calling all you old boys, the legends from saintsforever, thesaontsforum and here.

I am Master Bates, the one and only bewb master.

Let's get Markus Liebherr on to the banner, I wanna hear a whoop whoop.

If we get Sir Markus Liebherr to the banner, I will regain full membership, send Pam's, and be an utter tool on The Muppet Show (If it still exists), whilst being an intelligent being on here.

In Liebherr We Trust.

Calling all you old boys, the legends from saintsforever, thesaontsforum and here.

I am Master Bates, the one and only bewb master.

Let's get Markus Liebherr on to the banner, I wanna hear a whoop whoop.

If we get Sir Markus Liebherr to the banner, I will regain full membership, send Pam's, and be an utter tool on The Muppet Show (If it still exists), whilst being an intelligent being on here.

In Liebherr We Trust.

*thesaintsforum

Sorry, but I don't agree, although I hugely respect everyone's opinion. The banner should be reserved for players who are classed as legends and have performed over a period of years. The purchase of the club was a business deal and a bargain opportunity to make good money as has been evidenced in the last 24 hours. I will never forget seeing Markus with his camera, the excitement he showed and will always be grateful.

Sorry, but I don't agree, although I hugely respect everyone's opinion. The banner should be reserved for players who are classed as legends and have performed over a period of years. The purchase of the club was a business deal and a bargain opportunity to make good money as has been evidenced in the last 24 hours. I will never forget seeing Markus with his camera, the excitement he showed and will always be grateful.

Sorry but I can't see how Shilton and Keegan can be considered Saints legend but Markus isn't.

I am all for getting him on the banner, (I even wanted a statue of him, camera in hand, big smile on his face from our JPT win at SMS), so would appreciate this.

He saved us from a fate worst than relegateion and -10 points. He's the reason why when I took my 5 year old daughter to see Saints play before they no longer existed back in 2005, she can still see them now in 2017. I often wonder what life would have been like if he hadn't passed away so soon, but that is then, this is now.

MODS, I think this calls for a Poll?

Can we not refresh banner entirely? Same players, just (where available) use pics of them celebrating goals - they all look knackered!

This. Got to be better images - RL in the 'glare of the flare' after promotion - Matt, hundreds of great images - etc, etc.

And bloody add Markus as well...!!

Can I be called a hypocrite again for saying the banner is irrelevant and I chuckle at the reverence many here seem to apply to it.? Yet I have taken the time to post about it.

Complete nonsense and assume anyone who attaches importance is 60+ and viewing via Internet Explorer

Can I be called a hypocrite again for saying the banner is irrelevant and I chuckle at the reverence many here seem to apply to it.? Yet I have taken the time to post about it.

Complete nonsense and assume anyone who attaches importance is 60+ and viewing via Internet Explorer

Internet explorer is now edge. Of course it's all trivial, but so What? How many posts or threads on here have any semblance of importance?

It doesn't matter what the cover of a book looks like, but they all have different ones. It's about setting the tone for the contents.

Edited by Ohio Saint

Then name the proposed extra seating stand the Markus Liebherr Stand