Wesley Hoedt

St Chalet

Yep. Comes across as a total bellend. He seems to be under the delusion that his being surplus to requirements is based solely on his fitness levels, and completely unable to grasp the fact that he's simply not good enough.

He is f-ing shyte isn’t he

Good news if we've agreed 8m Euro for him though. Better than walking on a free whenever his contract runs out.

Let's just hope he's not so ****e that they don't want him.

He's on a reported £60k pw contact and signed a 5 year deal end of August 2017. Got a feeling we will be stuck with him for a while.

[h=3]

[/h]

Funny how that article pretty much translates every sentence except the one where he says that he didn't perform at Saints.

But in the end he's just not good enough.

No way Antwerp is paying 8 million though. That would be the equivalent of us paying 40 million for player. My guess is he'll be back in the summer.

He has a serious ego problem, I mean it's obvious when Ralph said 'second chance' to him, he meant at the club and that his performances for the club, regardless of the manager had not been good enough. Instead of going yeh thanks I'll play better he complains he hasn't had a first chance.

Just because you get a new manager does not suddenly mean everyone forgets you have been crap for the last year.

He strikes me as one of those 'why me' people that is always looking at other to blame apart from himself for his failings.

The shame is that Hoedt has the potential to be a really good defender, if he was prepared to listen to others and work hard to improve. But he is just trouble and we are well rid. One of those people who just looks to blame everyone else, rather than take responsibility and learn from his mistakes.

Does make you wonder if anyone actually checked what he was like before we bought him though

He has a serious ego problem, I mean it's obvious when Ralph said 'second chance' to him, he meant at the club and that his performances for the club, regardless of the manager had not been good enough. Instead of going yeh thanks I'll play better he complains he hasn't had a first chance.

FFS can just imagine Ralph walking away from that conversation thinking "what a deluxe edition w@nker, that's it he can go"

That's for the original Hoedt. This thread is about super-fit Hoedt ™...

The shame is that Hoedt has the potential to be a really good defender, if he was prepared to listen to others and work hard to improve. But he is just trouble and we are well rid. One of those people who just looks to blame everyone else, rather than take responsibility and learn from his mistakes.

Does make you wonder if anyone actually checked what he was like before we bought him though

This. Truth is he has the potential to be far and away the best CB we have. Anyone who says he is rubbish is deluded. But his lack of concentration, his arrogance and his **** headed Ness makes him a complete liability. What he needs is a coach who is sympathetic and understands what is needed and can help the guy. Ralph is not that guy (no criticism intended). There is a very good player/defender In there waiting to get out. Bit like what has happened with Stephens. Maybe someone like Koeman would be able to harness his potential (Erwin possibly rather than Ron).

It was kind of 50/50 on here who was rated as our worst defenderover the last couple of years, him or Stephens. We now see that with a bit of faith Stephens has shown his worth, maybe Hoedt could have done the same though, but the problem you understand in that interview is that he hasn't recognised how poor he was. He feels he's never had a chance and almost boasts of saying so to Ralph. Ralph will have seen the inept performances though and will have seen the errors he was making. Maybe Stephens was more accepting that it was down to more than just fitness and that changes in attitude, teamwork and concentration were needed

It was kind of 50/50 on here who was rated as our worst defenderover the last couple of years, him or Stephens. We now see that with a bit of faith Stephens has shown his worth, maybe Hoedt could have done the same though,
but the problem you understand in that interview is that he hasn't recognised how poor he was.
He feels he's never had a chance and almost boasts of saying so to Ralph. Ralph will have seen the inept performances though and will have seen the errors he was making. Maybe Stephens was more accepting that it was down to more than just fitness and that changes in attitude, teamwork and concentration were needed

He literally says he didn't perform to an acceptance level in the interview.

Personally I think that's nothing more than a pathetic plea for some other prem club to come and get him during the transfer window, wouldn't be surprised if it was agent led. You would think that the distinct lack of interest, and the fact that there are not copious amounts of clubs queuing up to sign him might give him an idea about how crap he was.

It was kind of 50/50 on here who was rated as our worst defenderover the last couple of years, him or Stephens. We now see that with a bit of faith Stephens has shown his worth, maybe Hoedt could have done the same though, but the problem you understand in that interview is that he hasn't recognised how poor he was. He feels he's never had a chance and almost boasts of saying so to Ralph. Ralph will have seen the inept performances though and will have seen the errors he was making. Maybe Stephens was more accepting that it was down to more than just fitness and that changes in attitude, teamwork and concentration were needed

Personally don't agree. I could always see the very good attributes in Stephens which were foiled by lapses in concentration. Whereas with Hoedt i could never actually what our scouts saw in him at all.

Personally don't agree. I could always see the very good attributes in Stephens which were foiled by lapses in concentration. Whereas with Hoedt i could never actually what our scouts saw in him at all.

This.

You have to be categorically mental to think Hoedt would ever be any good. He won’t. Ever.

On another note.... not very good for clean sheets are Antwerp..?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good old Wesley has done a interview with Het Nieuwsblad.

https://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=368231

He goes on about the Belgium league, how he wants to play for Holland and RH.

He says RH told him he would get another chance, Hoedt replies with: I never got real first chance. Then he says he won’t tell the full story as that would be damaging for RH and he won’t say anything negative about Saints as he is still under contract with us.

The interview in a nutshell.

Good old Wesley has done a interview with Het Nieuwsblad.

https://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=368231

He goes on about the Belgium league, how he wants to play for Holland and RH.

He says RH told him he would get another chance, Hoedt replies with: I never got real first chance. Then he says he won’t tell the full story as that would be damaging for RH and he won’t say anything negative about Saints as he is still under contract with us.

The interview in a nutshell.

Can't be many players out there who have a greater disparity between their own opinion of their ability and their actual footballing ability?

• 3 weeks later...

At least he’s speaking honestly.

no fan of his myself bu5 prefer players to say how they feel rather than stereotypical sound bytes like, “I just keep my head down and playing me football....” blah, blah

im sure he doesn’t give a toss about being disrespectful to Antwerp cause he ain’t staying there

not doubt he thinks he’s better than that, don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

no doubt he thinks he’s better than that, don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

Yes, problem for him is that all the evidence is that he is NOT better than that! So maybe he should be more grateful that Antwerp have given him an opportunity to play and get his career back on track.

Anyway, hope we can find a way to get him permanently off the books in the summer, as having him and his massive attitude back at the club is the last thing we need.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

At least he’s speaking honestly.

no fan of his myself bu5 prefer players to say how they feel rather than stereotypical sound bytes like, “I just keep my head down and playing me football....” blah, blah

im sure he doesn’t give a toss about being disrespectful to Antwerp cause he ain’t staying there

not doubt he thinks he’s better than that, don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

See your point but if Toby A had such an interview attributed to him whilst he was at Saints would you feel so gracious about it ?

I say attributed to as of course we know journalists often spin or twist things, but in this blokes case he's got a reputation for his inflated ego so it seems to fit with the territory.

• 2 weeks later...
During a global pandemic where most countries are advising to stay home, this turd is doing boxing training in public and posting on Instagram.

I didn’t think I could ever hate a Saints player, but he is as dumb as he is ****.

He's the sort of person who'd refuse to take a wage cut in times like this. In fact, I bet he already has.

• 1 month later...