Wesley Hoedt

St Chalet

I read somewhere that he won a higher percentage of aerial duels than any other defender in Serie A last season. Admittedly he didn't get that many games, but that's certainly the key thing that a Stephens-Yoshi paring lacks. On the downside, he's not that quick.

He's quicker and more agile than Fonte and if we keep Virgil, that's the man he'll ultimately be replacing. He's a better CB than Fonte imo and he'll benefit playing next to Van Dijk.

Actual ITK's in the house. ? Day after day, week after week lurking has paid off. So..........now that hibernation is over for winter what's the scoop, the qt, the lowdown lads please tell. It's been such room and gloom. Are the Chinese gearing up to buy Messi? Give us a snippet.

If the Times article is correct -that we have to sell to buy- not sure how this transfer fits in the scheme of things.

Perhaps you should be wondering how The Times article fits in the scheme of things? Maybe, just maybe, we should judge on actions rather than idle speculation.

So it seems people adamant that Stephens is the Fonte replacement are wrong. I wonder where this guy fits in though and whether I am reading too much into it that Yoshida only has a year left on his deal?
I hadn't realised until this week that Yoshida only had a year left on his contract, surprised that hasn't had more focus. He seems settled enough here, but we rarely let players run their contracts down, so something must be up.

The other issue is, how confident are the club that they will get a fully focused, functioning Van Dijk for a season? And what will happen with him in January for example.

So it seems people adamant that Stephens is the Fonte replacement are wrong. I wonder where this guy fits in though and whether I am reading too much into it that Yoshida only has a year left on his deal?

You would thought it would have been good business to extend Yoshida's contract and get a transfer fee for him!?

Hoedt

VVD (assuming he stays)

Yoshi

Stephens

Good centrebacks for the season. Wonder if we will see Stephens played in any other positions during the season.

I have often thought Stephens could be tried as a defensive midfielder option, next to Romeu?

Probably just use the guy we've just spent 18 million on, rather than a centre back.

Good to have options though. Jack has attributes that suggest he could do a job in there as well as Lemina.

Last season it felt as though an injury to Oriol would be catastrophic.

Good to have options though. Jack has attributes that suggest he could do a job in there as well as Lemina.

Last season it felt as though an injury to Oriol would be catastrophic.

Appy we be disappointed that we can't use the same players every game for 90mins in set positions..

He's quite dishy.

People might not think this is important (and the for the avoidance of doubt, I am not "virtue signalling" :spaz: as a woofter) but I prefer it when our team is reasonably good looking.

Yeah, I don't even know how Romeu gets a start!

Yeah, I don't even know how Romeu gets a start!

He's got the Jason Statham not-a-lot-of-hair-in-a-good-way thing going on. That's up some people's street. It's good to have a few rugged ones in with the pretty boys.

When I think we used to field a team with Kevin Hurlock, Iain Dowie, Barry Venison, Matt Le Tiss, John Beresford.... just look at the boys now. So much fitter.

He's got the Jason Statham not-a-lot-of-hair-in-a-good-way thing going on. That's up some people's street. It's good to have a few rugged ones in with the pretty boys.

When I think we used to field a team with Kevin Hurlock, Iain Dowie, Barry Venison, Matt Le Tiss, John Beresford.... just look at the boys now. So much fitter.

Bit harsh on Beresford, I probably would