Wesley Hoedt

St Chalet

Why do people keep saying this? You realise that we can just leave Gardos or Gazza off the list right? Players are not listed in the order in which they arrived at the club.

Technically of course I think you can just leave players off the list. But no club in their right minds actually do so, unless, say, a player is long-term (more than 4-5 months) injured. It would basically be tantamount to preventing a player from doing his job. At least these days they could play for the u23s (either as u23s or overage) and in the Checkatrade trophy, can you imagine telling one of our senior players that they will not be allowed to play for the first team for the next 4 months, or even one of our younger (but over 21) players who has played in the first team that they have no chance of playing in the first team until at least 2018. That's why they do it. Anyway, seems like the Club are doing what they need in releasing Clasie, and Gazza has always been lined up for a move (given he wasn't given a squad number), Gallagher looks like he is on the way as well (please not to Brum) and that allows us to bring in another body (Hoedt) or two.

He looked like the only player who could make anything happen in his few minutes on the pitch v Swansea.

He can go past players with the ball at his feet. We don't have many that can do that.

My recollection of the Augsberg and St Etienne games was that he was quite easily controlled/corralled. I have started to question quite how effective he can be but will wait and see until he's had a run of games. If he doesn't get that then there probably is something about him that means he is not necessarily suited to the league, like Clasie isn't.

Still the writer at insidefutbol still couldn't resist the journalistic virus of plugging the Van Dijk story again. Saying it 'remains to be seen' if Southampton will change their position on the refusal to sell isn't very different to saying it remains to be seen whether Donald Trump has actually been hiding a liberal personality behind all his bluster. 'Remains to be seen' is an extremely dishonest phrase in reporting.

Still the writer at insidefutbol still couldn't resist the journalistic virus of plugging the Van Dijk story again. Saying it 'remains to be seen' if Southampton will change their position on the refusal to sell isn't very different to saying it remains to be seen whether Donald Trump has actually been hiding a liberal personality behind all his bluster. 'Remains to be seen' is an extremely dishonest phrase in reporting.

It remains to be seen whether you are in fact a professor.

Not very saints-like this signing. Normally we only hear about it the night before. Can't help but feel its dependant on something else; VVD going, Yoshida not extending or someone else going to free up space in the 25.

However it is a very Italian league style signing. Most signings over there are announced when they get off the plane half the time

Not very saints-like this signing. Normally we only hear about it the night before. Can't help but feel its dependant on something else; VVD going, Yoshida not extending or someone else going to free up space in the 25.
I'm beginning to think that too. Maybe we want to see if this signing will influence VVD. If he stays and plays, maybe Yoshida doesn't get a new contract, but if the strike continues, he does.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

KOEMAN WANTS TWO MORE

Ronaldo Koeman has just told Monday Night Football he wants to sign a new defender and another striker in addition to forwards Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Sandro Ramirez.

When asked if the club had finished spending, he said:

"I hope not. We are looking for a left-footed central defender,

By the sounds of the Echo article' date=' it sounds like things are close but got delayed due to Lazio mucking about a bit at the weekend. He's probably only travelled yesterday, so maybe medical and contract done today before an announcement tonight or tomorrow? Hopefully...[/quote']

#Calciomercato- Hoedt pass medical examination with the Saints, in the next few hours there will be news. #Southampton

Sounds like it's all sewn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is true, I am clearly IKT...

Cue the stories about vD being sold now that we have "his replacement" in.

Well it certainly puts SFC in a stronger position should they wish to entertain a huge offer. Anything can happen in football and I think the Board have played this well. VvD may well go, he may well stay, but whatever happens it will be on our terms which is a luxury we haven't always had.

this signing is a game changer in my view , i would put it on a par with signing VVD from celtic and Mane .......Hoedt is very close to VVD level in all departments and has the potential to be better than him , i have had sight of a scouting report prepared for another club when they were looking at him a year or so ago and it is stunning technically , pace , anticipation aerial power (he is 1.84 M) and from on standing jump is well above average clearance .

very very good signing

this signing is a game changer in my view , i would put it on a par with signing VVD from celtic and Mane .......Hoedt is very close to VVD level in all departments and has the potential to be better than him , i have had sight of a scouting report prepared for another club when they were looking at him a year or so ago and it is stunning technically , pace , anticipation aerial power (he is 1.84 M) and from on standing jump is well above average clearance .

very very good signing

You're making me feel very moist sir

All these posts regarding ''it's not happening'' ''he's been snapped up by someone else'' make me laugh, as when people are posting that he's probably at that exact moment having his Saints publicity shots done.

I liked the ones saying its gone very quiet, because there has been no news overnight, why aren't the club giving us regular updates every 30 minutes? They have a twitter account FFS