Wesley Hoedt

St Chalet

Inzaghi said that Hoedt has asked to leave because he wants to play every game, but they also need to find a replacement

Lazio are talking to Milan about signing Gabriel Paletta as a replacement for Hoedt according to Gianluca Di Marzio

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/lazio-paletta-is-the-main-target-to-replace-hoedt-whos-on-his-way-to-southampton

Today again showed lack of leadership at times in defence from Stephens and Yoshi, both played well in patches but both have a mistake or miss reading of the game in them, if we can't convince Van Dijk to stay after today then I think its time to sell and move on from him, I think under Pellegrino with Van Dijk we can finish 8th again and have another cup run, but with more total points and more attacking or attractive football.

Still likely to be going ahead I reckon. Great signing from what I've seen and heard. Especially if we can forc VVD in to staying and playing alongside him. VVD is going to have to knuckle down and accept his situation if we do stay strong and refuse to sell him. It's a World Cup year and their participation is by no means a done deal so he'll be required to stay match sharp to take part in their qualifiers and then put in some strong performances at the World Cup and win himself a move to a proper big club next season.

Still likely to be going ahead I reckon. Great signing from what I've seen and heard. Especially if we can forc VVD in to staying and playing alongside him. VVD is going to have to knuckle down and accept his situation if we do stay strong and refuse to sell him. It's a World Cup year and their participation is by no means a done deal so he'll be required to stay match sharp to take part in their qualifiers and then put in some strong performances at the World Cup and win himself a move to a proper big club next season.

They will not qualify

I like Stephens and Yoshida but it needs to be one of them with a more dominant centreback. Van Dijk if he can be convinced (convinced to do his job ffs!) or this guy maybe...how tall is he?

It should be Hoedt and Van Dijk, the other 2 are fine as back up.

Oh **** off you tool.

In response to Hypochondriac - No, just one of those signings I'd like to see us get over the line but the longer it goes on the more nervous you become about it going pear shaped. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Any ITK info from your mate in the Spurs shop re. Wimmer? How about your mate on the Burnley board re. Long?

Wasn't there talk earlier in the summer about him not settling well in the UK?

He looked pretty pumped up today and a great reaction with the crowd when he scored. Didn't look a player that wanted to go. I also very much doubt he'd be playing if he was imminently about to be used as part of a transfer deal.

Been a while (thankfully for some lol) but we are not getting Hoedt or anyone in the next two weeks.

Wish I was wrong.

And mega concerned about our new owners.

See you laters.

I thought Maggie May had abandoned this forum due to my satire on VVD and his agent.!!!! I seem to remember talk of camels, backs of such beasts, and straws being mentioned in the same breath. I for one am glad that she is back, but her falsehood there not only wounded my heart with a monotonous languor, but does cast doubt on her claims that he will not come.:?????

Maybe we've got someone else lined up.

This is has all been fuelled by the Italian media. Maybe it was a load of made up rubbish, maybe not.....

or, no one lined up as no new funds are available. Buying 80% of the club is not going to fund itself

Tom28 has gone quiet

or, no one lined up as no new funds are available. Buying 80% of the club is not going to fund itself

Tom28 has gone quiet

To be honest, I haven't got a clue. I suppose it depends how much faith you have in Kat Liebherr.

Personally, I have faith in her. I don't think she would have sold to 'fly by nights'.

We'll find out soon enough.

There's lots of updates but unfortunately I cannot share any of them (yet).

Regarding Hoedt, I don't know for sure what's going on but previously I was told Wimmer was the preferred target of the two. However, Spurs weren't prepared to let him go without signing another CB. Their deal for Sanchez appeared to stall earlier in the week so perhaps we then made a play for Hoedt thinking the Wimmer deal might not happen. The Sanchez deal then went through quite quickly towards the end of the week, so perhaps we're back in for Wimmer?

I'm speculating though based on previous info I've been given.

Regarding Hoedt, I don't know for sure what's going on but previously I was told Wimmer was the preferred target of the two. However, Spurs weren't prepared to let him go without signing another CB. Their deal for Sanchez appeared to stall earlier in the week so perhaps we then made a play for Hoedt thinking the Wimmer deal might not happen. The Sanchez deal then went through quite quickly towards the end of the week, so perhaps we're back in for Wimmer?

Good updates or bad updates??

Come on Tom, you can be more forthcoming than that without giving anything away, compromising sources etc.

I am glad we are looking into CBs, just hope one gets signed before the window or we convince VVD to stay and play, we have a great chance to start the season well, I think HTFC are due a defeat and crash down to earth and we can provide that for them, we just need another CB for when we play top 10 teams to help tighten the ship, Forster may have been at fault for the first goal but 2nd was poor defending in build up and reactions.