Wesley Hoedt

St Chalet

There's lots of updates but unfortunately I cannot share any of them (yet).

Regarding Hoedt, I don't know for sure what's going on but previously I was told Wimmer was the preferred target of the two. However, Spurs weren't prepared to let him go without signing another CB. Their deal for Sanchez appeared to stall earlier in the week so perhaps we then made a play for Hoedt thinking the Wimmer deal might not happen. The Sanchez deal then went through quite quickly towards the end of the week, so perhaps we're back in for Wimmer?

I'm speculating though based on previous info I've been given.

Of the little I've read of the two would prefer Hoedt, but expect Wimmer is probably better than his Spurs reputation suggests.

Translated from Tuttomercatoweb by Google:

Igli Tare, Lazio's sports director, spoke to Premium Sport's microphones: "Keita a Formello? I do not think so, but these experience things will be solved with patience, and from here in the end will be a lot of patience." Hoedt-Southampton? He wanted to be given away because he wanted to be the absolute protagonist, and there was no guarantee for that, he would soon be transferred to Southampton, and he was a positive experience for him here in Lazio. "

Sounds like Lazio are expecting him to join us which must be promising still?

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Translated from Tuttomercatoweb by Google:

Igli Tare, Lazio's sports director, spoke to Premium Sport's microphones: "Keita a Formello? I do not think so, but these experience things will be solved with patience, and from here in the end will be a lot of patience." Hoedt-Southampton? He wanted to be given away because he wanted to be the absolute protagonist, and there was no guarantee for that, he would soon be transferred to Southampton, and he was a positive experience for him here in Lazio. "

Sounds promising still?

Great news!

Just imagine if we:

- Sign Hoedt

- Get ONE (happy) season from VvD

- Sign a new attacking player.

We could be in for a great season.

25 man squad limit so couldn't happen unless we shipped a few out.

25 man squad limit so couldn't happen unless we shipped a few out.

Why do people keep saying this? You realise that we can just leave Gardos or Gazza off the list right? Players are not listed in the order in which they arrived at the club.

Why do people keep saying this? You realise that we can just leave Gardos or Gazza off the list right? Players are not listed in the order in which they arrived at the club.

I would hope people real it, but it doesn't serve anyone's interests (player or club) to have someone sit around and not play. (Although they could play in cup matches.) At the very least they are likely to go out on loan.

Hoedt being announced tomorrow [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news. Impressed with the profile of our signings so far in Lemina and Hoedt. Turning out to be a very good window for us, assuming the board hold their nerve and no key players leave. 10 days to sort a new attacker and we'll be well set for a good season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't recall many of these long passes in Fonte's time with us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rjPd8LwE9s

Yeah, he's got a left peg on him. I was going more on the style, how he moves the ball out of defence and reads the game etc.

The Lazio manager has now confirmed it:

http://readsouthampton.com/2017/08/20/hoedt-go-southampton-monday/

The boy wants to play with more continuity. He just does not have the opportunity here. A dissatisfied player can not stay. By tomorrow he will go to Southampton. He and (Balde) Keita will have to be replaced.

Hoedt is our dutchman

who wants to play for the club.

Unlike his fellow countyman

Who is acting like a c**t.

I could not fit the words 'He hates Pompey.'

You need to make it clear at the start of the post that it's supposed to be a song, and not just random thoughts. ;)

Given he is leaving Lazio as they won't guarantee him 1st choice, I wonder what we have said around his place in team. Of course he may say he wants first team but is more interested in the premier league money!

We told him well pay him a lot more to sulk when he doesn't get picked

Hoedt is our dutchman

who wants to play for the club.

Unlike his fellow countyman

Who is acting like a c**t.

I could not fit the words 'He hates Pompey.'

Pass it, block it, head it, stop it, Hoedt is a superstar...

(Who do you think you are - Spice Girls).

Would be amusing to hear a bunch of football fans singing that tune.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this is the best youtube complication I've seen on him. And you can't have a signing thread without a youtube compilation.

Reminds me of Fonte in his style.

More of a Toby A type player with his style and technique coming through imo

Just imagine if we:

- Sign Hoedt

- Get ONE (happy) season from VvD

- Sign a new attacking player.

We could be in for a great season.

Agree with this.

Are we being linked with an attacking player ?

I think we need an effective creative attacking midfielder, rather than a target man; my feeling is that Tadic and Boufal arent good enough.

Agree with this.

Are we being linked with an attacking player ?

I think we need an effective creative attacking midfielder, rather than a target man; my feeling is that Tadic and Boufal arent good enough.

i feel for boufal, looked great in pre season and looks to have all the attributes to be a fantastic player, but the way its going he could turn out to be another ramirez.. desparately needs a run in the side to show what he can do but with redmond, ward prouse, tadic and davies will he get it ?

i feel for boufal, looked great in pre season and looks to have all the attributes to be a fantastic player, but the way its going he could turn out to be another ramirez.. desparately needs a run in the side to show what he can do but with redmond, ward prouse, tadic and davies will he get it ?

He looked like the only player who could make anything happen in his few minutes on the pitch v Swansea.

He can go past players with the ball at his feet. We don't have many that can do that.

Interesting that Lazio say he is leaving as wangs guarenteed first team football and they cannot provide that (despite playing 3 CBs).

If VVD isn't available then he would be a starter. If he somehow reintegrates then you would imagine its not completely as cut and dried.

Seems a good signing and will add much needed height. Good age and profile, classic Saints hallmarks. That said, €17m for a non first choice player isn't a terrible deal for Lazio either.

He'll start v Wolves.

Needs to be patient and take opportunities. Tadic/Redmond/JWP are inconsistent enough that they'll all get dropped at some point. Boufal will get his chance.

Remains to be seen if he takes it.

For me he's selfish and takes the ball too far before losing it.

I think every team needs a player who is a little more expressive on the ball. Someone who is willing to take a risk now and again. Okay maybe this is a bit too often with Boufal but we wouldn't be very entertained if we had 11 Steven Davis's on the pitch would we? At least when he is selfish he's not like Redmond (loses the ball and blames everyone but himself)

Think he has sharpened up over the summer, in the brief cameo v Swansea aside from doing himself in the first few minutes he seemed to knuckle down, doing what he can do keeping it simple instead of trying out Fabrice Fernandes Tadic as he was doing last season, and seemed to chip in with his defensive duties......... would have liked to have seen him replace Redmond Saturday.

I think every team needs a player who is a little more expressive on the ball. Someone who is willing to take a risk now and again. Okay maybe this is a bit too often with Boufal but we wouldn't be very entertained if we had 11 Steven Davis's on the pitch would we? At least when he is selfish he's not like Redmond (loses the ball and blames everyone but himself)

This

I can think of one poster who would love to see that... :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

Shouldn't be a problem as the Sunday Express suggests that Chelsea are in for Cedric, Bertrand & van Dicke. That's 3 places made available..

Nothing wrong with trying to be creative, but needs to move the ball quicker, be more direct and have more of an end product.