Weekend 19/20 Aug - Other Games

Batman

I kind of get the feeling that the gulf between the big teams and the also-rans has seriously widened again after it looked like ground was finally being made up.

Depressing.

What can you expect with the sums that they've been a spending this summer, apart from Spurs that is and they're just gearing up with a 40 million £ centre back.

Swansea are not also-rans, they are a dire side who'll go down unless they spend big. It's pathetic we didn't beat them but it was one of those days.

Man Utd have got better, they've spent an insane amount. City might have got better but were erratic last year. Liverpool will lose Coutinho and be the same old Liverpool, Arsenal fck knows, Spurs, look weaker to me and Wembley will be an issue.

There will never be a season where they all improve, fulfil potential and have successful signings.

Doubtful to be honest, did you see the structure of the bid in the Mirror report? 80 million payable over 5 years? Ridiculous.

Wenger's press conference is funny. He stated that "after losing like that you can only blame yourself ". Before going on to complain about the referee not giving a peno & the disallowed goal. A disallowed goal which showed the Lino made an absolutely fantastic call. Probably more by luck than judgement, but offside none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wenger's press conference is funny. He stated that "after losing like that you can only blame yourself ". Before going on to complain about the referee not giving a peno & the disallowed goal. A disallowed goal which showed the Lino made an absolutely fantastic call. Probably more by luck than judgement, but offside none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenal should have twisted in the summer, but the stubborn old fool gets to continue doing the same.old.thing every year. Frustrating team to watch.

Arsenal should have twisted in the summer, but the stubborn old fool gets to continue doing the same.old.thing every year. Frustrating team to watch.

I looked up their transfer business for this summer earlier. Only 2 players in. Still no top class centre half. Still no top class defensive midfielder.

They never learn do they? Just bizarre how they have let all these contracts wind down as well.

I looked up their transfer business for this summer earlier. Only 2 players in. Still no top class centre half. Still no top class defensive midfielder.

They never learn do they? Just bizarre how they have let all these contracts wind down as well.

Ozil just could not be arsed either was just wandering around the pitch

They never learn? Arsenal have probably been one of the most consistent sides in the PL for years if saints had managed half what Arsenal had achieved under Wenger I'd be ecstatic.

They never learn? Arsenal have probably been one of the most consistent sides in the PL for years if saints had managed half what Arsenal had achieved under Wenger I'd be ecstatic.

I think we've got slightly different expectations than Arsenal though.....so yeah, if we achieved what they had - nice.

But they aspire to win the league, they moved to their new stadium to compete with these huge clubs all over Europe. Even though they've had money, they continue to have glaring openings in their squad for a specific type of player, they continue to ignore these and therefore have ground hog day every year. They don't want top 4, they want to win the league and go far in the CL. They don't look anywhere near that, and the frustrating thing for Arsenal fans is that the club haven't really tried to address it either.

watford impressing again

Watford do look impressive so far, will be interesting to see what Silva can achieve with them.

Poor start for Bournemouth this season starting with defeats to West Brom and Watford, early days but if you start with a bad run its an uphill struggle from there.

Our next 3 games of Huddersfield / Watford / Palace still a great opportunity to get some early points on the board.

I know my predictions can be hit and miss, but I got Bournemouth spot on. They've overpaid for average players and signed Defoe for crazy money. No goals, two defeats, probably won't go down because there are more than three sides worse than them, but it'll be a long season for them.

I know my predictions can be hit and miss, but I got Bournemouth spot on. They've overpaid for average players and signed Defoe for crazy money. No goals, two defeats, probably won't go down because there are more than three sides worse than them, but it'll be a long season for them.

No one's predictions are right after just 2 games, calm down.

Huge result for Chelsea that. Good game to watch.

Not entirely sure why Chelsea think they need Virgil, given they have an absolutely outstanding prospect in Christensen. Trust your youth and stop stockpiling them Chelsea.

Rudiger looked a bit shakey at times.

I thought Bakayoko looked very good from what I saw.

I quite like them now weirdly. Healthier for football what they are trying to do. And wouldn’t write them off in the game yet

Disagree, seeing the lose at home (even against Chelsea) in almost the last minute is still pretty funny.

I don't think they're doing anything awe-inspiring either. When the likes of Kane, Alli and Eriksen's agents start demanding Pogba, Lukaku and Morata wages, we will see what they're really made of. Especially if they fail to qualify for the Champions League and/or a really big club comes in for Poch. Plus they've spanked plenty of money on under-performing players over the years.

Disagree, seeing the lose at home (even against Chelsea) in almost the last minute is still pretty funny.

I don't think they're doing anything awe-inspiring either. When the likes of Kane, Alli and Eriksen's agents start demanding Pogba, Lukaku and Morata wages, we will see what they're really made of. Especially if they fail to qualify for the Champions League and/or a really big club comes in for Poch. Plus they've spanked plenty of money on under-performing players over the years.

My hate is transitory in football apart from the constant of Portsmouth.

Not awe inspiring but Poch has clearly coached them on to be a very strong team. Lots of English players who aren’t only there for the cash it would seem.....for now.

My hate is transitory in football apart from the constant of Portsmouth.

Not awe inspiring but Poch has clearly coached them on to be a very strong team. Lots of English players who aren’t only there for the cash it would seem.....for now.

People said the same about us in the first couple of years after promotion though. We were generally better liked because of our promising youngsters, mixed with prudent signings from smaller teams and abroad, compared to teams like QPR signing players like Hoilett and Bosingwa on big wages.

Arsenal couldn't hold on to the likes of Cashley, Nasri, Adebayor, RVP and now apparently Sanchez. In the long term, I doubt Spurs will be all that much different.

I fear once agent become involved, every player tends to end up the same.

FWIW my ladder of hate at the moment;

Pompey (in so far as one is able to hate an irrelevant entity we may not play for decades)

Liverpool

Quite a large gap

Man Utd (the cup final bumped them up a bit)

Everton (More their deluded fans believing Koeman left for anything other than money)

Chelsea

Spurs (Poch, Wanyama and Toby annoyed me but that has wained a bit)

Man City (kind of hard to hate, they're just a soulless money pit)