Saints 0 Wolves 2 (Carabao Cup)

SuperSAINT

Oh my f*cking christ, he's played 70 minutes of one cup game in a formation we haven't played for an entire season.

Hint: the person I quoted. Don't worry, I know it's difficult.

Mate, some players don't get that long before they are written off by the resident experts on here.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Lightening does not strike twice..... Right?

Surely old Leslie hasn't ****ed up another management appointment?

Early days still but signs aren't great. Swansea, WHU and tonights performances don't bode well.

Ironically I thought the performance against Swansea was fine. We dominated the game and should have had two penalties.

Oh my f*cking christ, he's played 70 minutes of one cup game in a formation we haven't played for an entire season.

I agree he shouldn't be written off - Saints got one of the better young CBs in Europe off the market in that bracket - but we might not see the best of him for 2-3 seasons. Some loan spells to the right clubs would develop his presence in the air and confidence in the English game.

I'm more concerned by some of the so-called senior players like Tadic, Boufal and JWP. I had hopes Boufal would improve this year - and early days - but so poor again.

Lightening does not strike twice..... Right?

Surely old Leslie hasn't ****ed up another management appointment?

Early days still but signs aren't great. Swansea, WHU and tonights performances don't bode well.

Is there any reason you didn't post after we won on Saturday?

Curious to know.

Just seen the goal. Stephens beaten too easily in the air and no surprise to see our keeper doing his best statue impression.

He always does that. Tries to pretend it's unstoppable, no matter what. Will drop us so many points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironically I thought the performance against Swansea was fine. We dominated the game and should have had two penalties.

The league performances have both been fine IMO apart from the weakness in the air at CB. We've put a strong enough side out to win but some of the senior players like Tadic and Boufal have let Pellegrino down big time. Wouldn't be surprised if Boufal was loaned out and we buy another winger/striker who is quicker and more direct.

so unenthusiastic about this season based on these first few games...we really were spoilt with NA, MP and RKs (to some extent) attacking play.

"The Southampton Way" used to be tied in to a style of play that was exciting to watch, now it has become marketing sh*t used to puff out our feathers.