Saints 0 Wolves 2 (Carabao Cup)

SuperSAINT

that's why we should of done our transfers early doors to test things in pre season, I think the shape is fine its the players that don't fit it.

Not always that easy. I'm happy that we've got a DM and a CB who are intended to be starters, both in time to play in August. It's not ideal but you can't have it all - I'm just glad we signed a couple of players we need!

Obviously going out the cup will be a shame as it's a chance gone to experience Wembley again. But even if we didn't go all the way, it's also a good chance for the younger/fringe players to get some competitive game time, so disappointing they're not going to get that if we don't get this back.

It's going to take some winning now. Poor performance, sloppy play and failure to refresh the team when it was clear it wasn't working. Not making a change until the 70th minute is horses and stable doors. It's not yet too late but the job is much harder.

That was coming - best side is ahead and that's their second string as well. Shocking to concede like that with 3 CBs. Bednarak needs a loan spell in League One - on this evidence would struggle equally in the Championship. Hope he is a long term bet otherwise that's £6m down the bog. Polish fans on here warned he wasn't ready.

Tadic having a shocker as well, Boufal in and out of the game first half and very poor this half. JWP poor as well, Romeu on his own far too often. Feel a bit sorry for Austin, no service, isn't a player that is going to drop deep or run channels. Long needs to be on.

Going to be a long season, folks.

We couldn't have had a much easier start - three home games in a row against relegation fodder, 10 men and a Championship 2nd XI - but we've struggled in every match.

I wouldn't be confident of that trend changing away to Huddersfield (another soft fixture) at the weekend.

We couldn't have had a much easier start - three home games in a row against relegation fodder, 10 men and a Championship 2nd XI - but we've struggled in every match.

I wouldn't be confident of that trend changing away to Huddersfield (another soft fixture) at the weekend.

agree, sadly

Rubbish, this is the only game we can say we've played badly.

Deserved to win against Swansea and deserved the win against West Ham (even if we did let a 2-0 lead slip against 10 men, we were still the better team)

Mickey Mouse cup etc :)

At least it seems Saints are looking for an attacker. It's been clear since the start of the year that we lack something in attack, a number 10 that can shoot. If only there were a Mané-esque gem out there waiting to be snapped up...

Still think we can snatch extra time, but it doesn't sound like a good game...

Huddersfield are on a roll. We'll get nothing against them. I understand making some changes but I really don't get the ones he's made tonight. We look ****ing terrible.

Bednarek off. Not been at the races. Change should have been made earlier.

Needs loaning out. Not sure he'd get a game at one of the better League One outfits like Plymouth or Bradford though. Could try MK - they've already got Seager.

A couple of games up against some of the big lumps at that level would do him some good. Not sure lending him to one of the Championship strugglers like PNE or Bolton will help his confidence.