Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: Wolves U23 v Saints u23

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default Wolves U23 v Saints u23

    At the game. Saints well on top. Need a goal.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    At the game. Saints well on top. Need a goal.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Who's impressing?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Great save from Rose.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Great save from Rose.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Followed by a brilliant point blank stop.


    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Who's impressing?
    Afolabi strong. Johnson sharp. Rose looks good.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Whoops. 1-0 Wolves right on half time. Unstoppable free kick

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Same problems as the first team. Good, sharp passing, making chances, not taking them. We're being bullied by a much bigger team. Only Afolabi showing strength.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shroppie; 21-08-2017 at 06:52 PM.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Blackfield, Southampton
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Earlier Shroppie you said VVD was supposed to be playing tonight but hasn't, any ideas why?

  9. #9

    Default

    How's Ben (number 4) getting on?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davefizzy14 View Post
    Earlier Shroppie you said VVD was supposed to be playing tonight but hasn't, any ideas why?
    None at all. Heard a rumour he was on an early team sheet but vanished. May be rubbish. Pretty sure he's not at the match

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sambosa75 View Post
    How's Ben (number 4) getting on?
    Ok, but a bit fragile on the ball.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Blackfield, Southampton
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    None at all. Heard a rumour he was on an early team sheet but vanished. May be rubbish. Pretty sure he's not at the match

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Ok thanks

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    2-0 down now. Free header from corner knocked down for tap in. And nearly 3. Good save from Rose again.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Not good now. Smallbone on for ?Ben (4)

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Ref is weak. We've had loads of free kicks, only 2yellows.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Saints down to 10. #10 injured, all subs used.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    3-0. Badly given away in midfield, no defence.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Steep learning curve. Aren't most of these U21, or younger?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    FT.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  20. #20

    Default

    Poor pool of players, hence relegation last season and with a few of the best ones injured at the moment that doesn't help.

    The likes of Bakary, Wood, Little etc will never be PL players. Some of the younger ones are more promising but there is nobody who is going to make a breakthrough and impact the first team this season.

    Big gap in class from the JWP, Targett, McQueen group to the current one.

  21. #21

    Default

    I think its safe to say that our second string are playing on Wednesday as we had a much stronger line up last week. (the Reading match had Targett, Hojbjerg and McCarthy) their First string look to be playing on Wednesday...

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Steep learning curve. Aren't most of these U21, or younger?
    Rose: 22
    Bakary: 19
    Jones: 19
    Cook: 19
    Wood: 20
    Rowthorn: 18
    Little: 20
    Slattery: 18
    Barnes: 20
    Johnson: 18
    Afolabi: 17

  23. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrant View Post
    Rose: 22
    Bakary: 19
    Jones: 19
    Cook: 19
    Wood: 20
    Rowthorn: 18
    Little: 20
    Slattery: 18
    Barnes: 20
    Johnson: 18
    Afolabi: 17
    So, Saints average age = 19.09, compared to 19.45 for Wolves. Not a lot in it

    Wolves starting 11:

    Burgoyne 20
    Rainey 20
    Breslin 20
    Goncalves 19
    Johnson 19
    Leak 19
    Armstrong 19
    Herc 18
    Collins 20
    Wilson 20
    Randall 20

    p.s. cheers for the match updates Shroppie

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Not the age difference I expected. They must breed them big up here.

    We showed lots of nice touches but no muscle (except Alofobi and our #7 (? name)) and missed the early chances we got.

    The highlight of my night was a quick tour of the team bus. Apparently a new one next season costing a million.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  25. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Not the age difference I expected. They must breed them big up here.

    We showed lots of nice touches but no muscle (except Alofobi and our #7 (? name)) and missed the early chances we got.

    The highlight of my night was a quick tour of the team bus. Apparently a new one next season costing a million.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    7 probably, Barnes and 10 Slattery?

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Driving the pace on the front.
    Posts
    14,143

    Default

    I used it as a chance to catch up with Corky Morris and the kids.

    Good 1st 25mins and a bit gash after that.

  27. Default

    Saints poor after the first 20 minutes. Slow ball movement & lacked composure. Whole back 4 not good. Centre mid is where we lost the game. Struggle to see many of these making it to the first team.
    Bakary, Barnes, Wood, Cook, Little & Slattery all very poor on the night.
    Wolves deserved winners.

  28. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corky morris View Post
    Bakary, Barnes, Wood, Cook, Little & Slattery all very poor on the night.
    Wasn't Slattery being touted as the 'next big thing' a couple of years ago? (supposedly fending off interest from Arsenal, for example). Maybe he's gone backwards in his development or perhaps tonight was just a bad day at the office?

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corky morris View Post
    Saints poor after the first 20 minutes. Slow ball movement & lacked composure. Whole back 4 not good. Centre mid is where we lost the game. Struggle to see many of these making it to the first team.
    Bakary, Barnes, Wood, Cook, Little & Slattery all very poor on the night.
    Wolves deserved winners.
    Don't disagree with that, although Barnes had a couple of good moments (and quite a few bad minutes)

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  30. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Wasn't Slattery being touted as the 'next big thing' a couple of years ago? (supposedly fending off interest from Arsenal, for example). Maybe he's gone backwards in his development or perhaps tonight was just a bad day at the office?
    To be fair, he was out for about a year with a serious knee injury.

  31. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    To be fair, he was out for about a year with a serious knee injury.
    Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about that.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    3,183
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sambosa75 View Post
    How's Ben (number 4) getting on?
    That's your nephew/family member isn't it right?

    Really hope for his sake and Saints sake we find our next loyal amazing graduate!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •