Wolves U23 v Saints u23

Shroppie

Same problems as the first team. Good, sharp passing, making chances, not taking them. We're being bullied by a much bigger team. Only Afolabi showing strength.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Earlier Shroppie you said VVD was supposed to be playing tonight but hasn't, any ideas why?
None at all. Heard a rumour he was on an early team sheet but vanished. May be rubbish. Pretty sure he's not at the match

Poor pool of players, hence relegation last season and with a few of the best ones injured at the moment that doesn't help.

The likes of Bakary, Wood, Little etc will never be PL players. Some of the younger ones are more promising but there is nobody who is going to make a breakthrough and impact the first team this season.

Big gap in class from the JWP, Targett, McQueen group to the current one.

I think its safe to say that our second string are playing on Wednesday as we had a much stronger line up last week. (the Reading match had Targett, Hojbjerg and McCarthy) their First string look to be playing on Wednesday...

Rose: 22

Bakary: 19

Jones: 19

Cook: 19

Wood: 20

Rowthorn: 18

Little: 20

Slattery: 18

Barnes: 20

Johnson: 18

Afolabi: 17

So, Saints average age = 19.09, compared to 19.45 for Wolves. Not a lot in it

Wolves starting 11:

Burgoyne 20

Rainey 20

Breslin 20

Goncalves 19

Johnson 19

Leak 19

Armstrong 19

Herc 18

Collins 20

Wilson 20

Randall 20

p.s. cheers for the match updates Shroppie

Not the age difference I expected. They must breed them big up here.

We showed lots of nice touches but no muscle (except Alofobi and our #7 (? name)) and missed the early chances we got.

The highlight of my night was a quick tour of the team bus. [emoji3] Apparently a new one next season costing a million.

Not the age difference I expected. They must breed them big up here.

We showed lots of nice touches but no muscle (except Alofobi and our #7 (? name)) and missed the early chances we got.

The highlight of my night was a quick tour of the team bus. [emoji3] Apparently a new one next season costing a million.

7 probably, Barnes and 10 Slattery?

Saints poor after the first 20 minutes. Slow ball movement & lacked composure. Whole back 4 not good. Centre mid is where we lost the game. Struggle to see many of these making it to the first team.

Bakary, Barnes, Wood, Cook, Little & Slattery all very poor on the night.

Wolves deserved winners.

Wasn't Slattery being touted as the 'next big thing' a couple of years ago? (supposedly fending off interest from Arsenal, for example). Maybe he's gone backwards in his development or perhaps tonight was just a bad day at the office?

Saints poor after the first 20 minutes. Slow ball movement & lacked composure. Whole back 4 not good. Centre mid is where we lost the game. Struggle to see many of these making it to the first team.

Wolves deserved winners.

Don't disagree with that, although Barnes had a couple of good moments (and quite a few bad minutes)

Wasn't Slattery being touted as the 'next big thing' a couple of years ago? (supposedly fending off interest from Arsenal, for example). Maybe he's gone backwards in his development or perhaps tonight was just a bad day at the office?

To be fair, he was out for about a year with a serious knee injury.