Saints mourn loss of Bill Green

SuperSAINT

Is this what the players were lining up for before the game on saturday, before changing their minds? Maybe because it had happened so recently that they didn't want to risk close friends finding out that way...?

Rip to him.

Since he only died yesterday this seems unlikely.

RIP. Sad news, had hoped this was pulled on Saturday because it wasn't true, but sadly it seems it was.

Since he only died yesterday this seems unlikely.

The news actually came out on Saturday, there was a post on here - which was oddly pulled after about 10 mins. Maybe the family didn't want it made public then, which is understandable.

RIP. Sad news, had hoped this was pulled on Saturday because it wasn't true, but sadly it seems it was.

The news actually came out on Saturday, there was a post on here - which was oddly pulled after about 10 mins. Maybe the family didn't want it made public then, which is understandable.

A tweet by Ross Wilson last night suggests Bill died on Monday. He was probably in hospital for a few days after the heart attack.

Ross Wilson @RossWilson28 12h12 hours agoMore

Ross Wilson Retweeted Southampton FC

It's been a devastatingly difficult week with our worst fears becoming a reality tonight. Bill Green gave everything for our Club #SaintsFC

A tweet by Ross Wilson last night suggests Bill died on Monday. He was probably in hospital for a few days after the heart attack.

Ross Wilson @RossWilson28 12h12 hours agoMore

Ross Wilson Retweeted Southampton FC

It's been a devastatingly difficult week with our worst fears becoming a reality tonight. Bill Green gave everything for our Club #SaintsFC

A tweet on Friday / Saturday by @rdslee (who appears to be a Middlesbrough scout) indicates he died then, not Monday. Apologies can't link as on my phone. Anyhow, RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A tweet on Friday / Saturday by @rdslee (who appears to be a Middlesbrough scout) indicates he died then, not Monday. Apologies can't link as on my phone. Anyhow, RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies to the Green family if I provoked an unseemly competition but it seems too many people want to be the first to get stuff on social media. I took my information from the official Saints FC website which gives his date of death as 21/08/2017.

Apologies to the Green family if I provoked an unseemly competition but it seems too many people want to be the first to get stuff on social media. I took my information from the official Saints FC website which gives his date of death as 21/08/2017.

To be fair I read a retweet by MLT on Saturday before the game.

Sad news, great servant to the Club. Looks like he was instrumental in bringing Yoshida to the Club, and numerous others of course.