Huddersfield 0 Saints 0 - Match Thread

Bad Wolf

When you find yourself longing for the days when Puel was in charge, you know things are desperate.

The styles look remarkable similar. Sit deep, no support for forward players. No clear style or plan and players under rather than over performing.

Reed does pick em

We always receive the ball facing our goal with nobody capable of spinning out of a challenge. Absolutely no service up front whatsoever. We seem a bit disjointed and unorganised all over the park. Pretty poor and we'll do well to get a point if this continues.

Tadic and Redmond were poor

Gabbi is invisible because he gets no service (like all our forwards I guess)

Davis is ok, as is Romeu

Lemina played very well, so did Forster

the CB's are still a worry

I'd sub out Tadic for sure, maybe Redmond too. That Redmond miss may come back to bite us. Lets just get out with a 1-0, we'd have 7 pts out of 9 going into the break.

Well at least we managed to grab 0-0 at half time. Huddersfield using a lot of energy in closing Saints down. If we can find a bit more composure 2nd half then the 3 points could well be available. Bad miss by Redmond where a goal could have settled things a bit.

hudderfield by far the better side.

redmond missed the best chance.

we have no pace to break out from the high press or out pass it.

Lemina is a rock.

Tadic is a oxygen thief

Gabbi is going to google what a football looks like as he hasn't seen it for a while

So much sh*tness we cannot get worse

Sorry got to add it looks like bertrand has found out he has been raising someone elses kid

Much better than midweek.

Great chance carved out by davis for Redmond who needed to at least work the keeper.

Glad to see us trying to go through the middle a bit more rather than the predictable one direction shifting it out wide.

Really like the midfield pair of Lemina and Romeu and seeing davis freed from a role that's not his perfect fit.

Bertrand looking somewhat off the pace to be honest though.

Forster after making some nice interventions came for a ball he had no need to come for. Made the block to recover though

Would love to see Long given at least half an hour

Puel wasn't terrible but he wasn't that good either in terms of motivating the players which is what we need as the problem was and is the quality of the squad. Both managers/coaches can only work with what they have and there are very few if any academy players coming through to make a genuine (meaning more than a couple of games) impact and put pressure on the first team players. Ronald could motivate players and had a genuine game changer in Mane. We have a couple of decent players and hopefully MoPe can get the team spirit and commitment to a high level to make up for players who are decent pros but not great.

Puzzling what we are trying to achieve as a football team.

So many defence passing, lack of overlapping with the wing backs plus no sharp triangular passes to carve into the Huddersfield defence.

At least under Puel we played some attractive football unlike this pile of ****e.

0-0 at the half. We had the best opportunity to score via Redmond's missed shot when in alone to the keeper's right, but Huddersfield's pressing gave us all kinds of trouble and we do seem to look a little susceptible to high deliveries in the box with Mounié looking dangerous.

Despite his good chance, Redmond not having a good game. I'm very encouraged by Lemina's performance in the first half.

Could the VVD thing be effecting them? We look lifeless, devoid of ideas.

It's as if we need something positive to happen. A youngster scoring, a formation tweak, a player like Boufal to start showing us what he is capable of.

Tadic and Bertrand look depressed. If they are not interested they should sit.

We're trying to play long balls over the back of them. Its leaving acres between our back 6 and front 4. We seriously need a target man or top quality AM if we want to play this style. It won't work with what we've got

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All these negative comments about our play, you lot want to try being here.....it’s worse than that!

Have never seen us struggle to keep hold of the ball so much......

Steve Moune (24) seems to be their biggest threat.

Trying not to lose positivity for the second half....if we draw then I will be happy.

Is this the start of your next manager/reed vendetta already?

When did my Reed vendetta end? He's going to get a few kudos points for keeping VVD though.

Very early days for pellegrino, just commenting on what i see just now.

Whats your thoughts on the game mate? Or is it just normal routine for you to cruise the forum and shoot out insults to forum members..... Doesn't it get boring mate?

All I have is BT sport and their version of soccer sat.

utterly, UTTERLY dreadful!!!!

sounds like we are more of the same.

going by the reactions on here, starting to worry about MP. sounds like a right muppet

This is worse than any of puel's away performances in the league.

Still it's only the first half - will be a good test of MP and his ability to change things.

We are so slow and predictable and Huddersfield are playing high tempo and hunting the ball in packs.

Redmond should never have missed that chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redmond is bang average. has been all his career.

how is a constant starter for us is weird

When did my Reed vendetta end? He's going to get a few kudos points for keeping VVD though.

Very early days for pellegrino, just commenting on what i see just now.

Whats your thoughts on the game mate? Or is it just normal routine for you to cruise the forum and shoot out insults to forum members..... Doesn't it get boring mate?

Check my previous posting pal, before sounding off again... you do bore me, yes

It's been a hard watch, Huddersfield are pressing very, very hard and not giving us any time. Our close control has been horrific though, kudus to Tadic and Redmond for failing to bring the attack into play.

The only thing you have to say - can Huddersfield maintain this intensity they're playing at for 90mins? They're lacking quality themselves, but they're making up with it by working their arse off. Lucky it's 0-0, let's hope we manage to regain some sort of control in the 2nd half and actually retain the ball.

At least under Puel we played some attractive football unlike this pile of ****e.

I don't think that's how most of us recall it!

Huddersfield are a fair team but we should be doing better than this. Ward-Prowse could be more effective at stopping their crosses than Redmond or Tadic.

Cedric's been off the boil but he hasn't had much help from Tadic, who usually links up really well but's been off with the fairies so far today.