Yoshida signs a new 3-year deal

Pamplemousse

I must admit, I was starting to wonder where his new contract was. Good news, I think everyone loves Maya. Didn't realise he's made 150 odd app's for us!

Watch the Liverpool fans clutch onto this as a reason they're getting VVD..

im starting to this, they might be on to something

Good news. We're not going to get a better player who's happy to be a squad player. Very professional. Is he world class? No. Does he give every game his all and genuinely love the club? Yes. Comes across one of the nicest guys in the PL too.. As I said, a club like ours aren't going to attract a better player who's happy to be third or fourth choice. We're very lucky to have him.

Good news. We're not going to get a better player who's happy to be a squad player. Very professional. Is he world class? No. Does he give every game his all and genuinely love the club? Yes. Comes across one of the nicest guys in the PL too.. As I said, a club like ours aren't going to attract a better player who's happy to be third or fourth choice. We're very lucky to have him.

I don't think he accepts being a squad player any longer. My guess is that the contract renewal been taking some time because he wanted assurances of first team football this season.

VVD out and Hoedt and Yoshida is first choice from now is my bet.

Can he be converted to DM alongside with Romeu or Lemina? Though not full back for me.

Sod DM stick him straight up the front, won the winning penalty on Saturday, and against Swansea he probably posed the biggest threat of scoring, scissor kick, header and free kick, if some idiot hadn't wrongly put the goals 6 inches to the left he would have bagged a hatrick. :p

Great news to get him nailed down, been a fan for many of the years he has been with us.

Thank feck you are not running the club.
And thank feck you aren't if you can't spot two posts from the same contributor within a post of each other.

For the "fecking" record, I think this is good news all round. See my post saying "Brilliant news".

An absolute example to other professionals. We are lucky to have him and he is finally appreciated by most fans getting a few songs these days!

He really is a great pro. I love his commitment and he really knows how to time a tackle. We see quite a lot of the Japan national team out here and he plays the same way in a very talented line up.

Excellent news, very pleased for him. A player that has come on leaps and bounds over the last couple of seasons. Not only is he a good defender but thought it telling that he was the furthest forward player in the last minute against West Ham winning the penalty.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Good news, he's been a model pro since he has arrived, and has improved for having a run of games in the side. As a "3rd" centre back he's as good as we can hope for, and I wouldn't be averse to seeing him as first choice alongside Hoedt, if that's how the VVD situation ends up. In a team full of young players he's a good older head to have around.

Good news, he's been a model pro since he has arrived, and has improved for having a run of games in the side. As a "3rd" centre back he's as good as we can hope for, and I wouldn't be averse to seeing him as first choice alongside Hoedt, if that's how the VVD situation ends up. In a team full of young players he's a good older head to have around.

Agreed on all points.