Bertrand not a happy chappy?

Mr X

Looked majorly majorly ****ed off today like he was going to burst into tears at any second, contributed nothing & his body language looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on the pitch

something going on?............ or just that time of month;)

I have thought the same when I have seen him at St Mary's. His shoulders are slouched and sometimes he just ambles along.

Having said that, he is still by far our best left back. His skill and experience make the difference.

It would be nice to see skill and commitment though.

needs a reality check

acting as if the world is going to cave in, whilst picking up £50k a week playing football.

Agree. He's getting paid lots of money so should have no emotions. No idea if he has personal issues but either way, they shouldn't stop him from being happy and good at football.

Agree. He's getting paid lots of money so should have no emotions. No idea if he has personal issues but either way, they shouldn't stop him from being happy and good at football.

or at least (for around 2 hours a week), not look like he is about to be sent down

or at least (for around 2 hours a week), not look like he is about to be sent down

If he's not happy then he's not happy. Could be personal, could be football related but don't see why he should pretend to be on top of the world to keep other people pleased.

He's had the look of "you lot are ****" on his face since after the the cup final. And who can blame him? We need some confidence and it will only come from a winning streak which I'm sure will happen but if it could hurry up that would be lovely. Normally takes a result against one of the top teams to do that so once we beat utd everything will be good again. :)

If I had to play behind those three forwards I'd probably have decked all of them by now. I feel sorry for the seven decent players we have but the three behind the striker are demoralising. Bertrand knows that unless somebody else scores those three never look like scoring. Did Tadic come out in the second half? enough said.

I've been saying he wants to leave for a while, of course shot down by the usual lot.

He's just more professional than VVD. Be interesting to see how he acts if an offer comes in though.

Offers won't come in if he keeps playing like that and is left out of the England squad. Footballs are so ****ing thick.

You said it was because of Puel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puel didn't help. Had we had a good season last year, maybe it would have been different.

I'm almost certain that had Puel stayed, Bertrand would have left 100%

So yes, it was because of Puel.

The lad has been in a sulk for a good few months. Looked completely apathetic from march onwards. I'd drop him and give McQueen a go for a couple of games. He might not be as good as Bertrand but he'll die trying.

Come September and he's still here he also might realise he needs to try his ass off if he wants a move in Jan/ next summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I had to play behind those three forwards I'd probably have decked all of them by now. I feel sorry for the seven decent players we have but the three behind the striker are demoralising. Bertrand knows that unless somebody else scores those three never look like scoring. Did Tadic come out in the second half? enough said.

He had his own good chance to score today.

I've been saying he wants to leave for a while, of course shot down by the usual lot.

He's just more professional than VVD. Be interesting to see how he acts if an offer comes in though.

I've told them all this too. Cedric and Tadic would like to move as well.

Have a bad feeling that Virgil may not be here come Sept. 1st.

I see Boufal is still getting stick, has the lad actually had a run of 4/5/6 games? Nope, bits and pieces and yet he's still expected to perform miracles. He was pony Wednesday but so were the rest of them. Redmond and Tadic were appealing today, yet somehow are automatic starters, go figure.

Puel didn't help. Had we had a good season last year, maybe it would have been different.

I'm almost certain that had Puel stayed, Bertrand would have left 100%

So yes, it was because of Puel.

We did have a good season

So he wanted to leave because of Puel but now Puels gone he.......wants to leave.

We did have a good season

So he wanted to leave because of Puel but now Puels gone he.......wants to leave.

Come on Duckhunter, I thought you were more intelligent than this.

Firstly, what I said was that a number of players wanted out and that they didn't get on with Puel (this was true).

Secondly, he's wanted to leave since about December last year, so his Agent would have been touting him about finding out what he can earn elsewhere and where he can go. He's been told that he can earn more, probably double (the amount is speculation on my behalf), and play CL football so yeah he......wants to leave. What's your point?

Finally, as I've said, had Puel stayed, he and a number of others would have been much more vocal in their desire to leave (similar to VvD). As it happens, MP managed to convince them to stay, which of course doesn't mean they don't want to leave.

I've told them all this too. Cedric and Tadic would like to move as well.

Have a bad feeling that Virgil may not be here come Sept. 1st.

I see Boufal is still getting stick, has the lad actually had a run of 4/5/6 games? Nope, bits and pieces and yet he's still expected to perform miracles. He was pony Wednesday but so were the rest of them. Redmond and Tadic were appealing today, yet somehow are automatic starters, go figure.

Who the hell wants to sign Tadic? He's been garbage since Koeman left.

Come on Duckhunter, I thought you were more intelligent than this.

Firstly, what I said was that a number of players wanted out and that they didn't get on with Puel (this was true).

Secondly, he's wanted to leave since about December last year, so his Agent would have been touting him about finding out what he can earn elsewhere and where he can go. He's been told that he can earn more, probably double (the amount is speculation on my behalf), and play CL football so yeah he......wants to leave. What's your point?

Finally, as I've said, had Puel stayed, he and a number of others would have been much more vocal in their desire to leave (similar to VvD). As it happens, MP managed to convince them to stay, which of course doesn't mean they don't want to leave.

Perhaps Les Reed should have let the precious darlings leave & kept the honest and decent bloke. Because these players the manager had to "convince to stay" have been ****kng woeful so far.

Maybe the clubs stance in the past was right, selling players that don't want to be here.

Our best player is on strike and showing no signs of relenting. Our England international left back has been phoning it in since the end of last season. Tadic looks a busted flush.

Would much rather give my support to players that actually want to be here and give their all, even if that is just for 2 years before they leave. You can see something clearly isn't right and the current attitude of some of our more 'senior' pros must be having an effect.

Didn't make it at Chelsea , poor at Villa then started to look good at Saints , got into the England squad but is now desparate to leave ! Is it the England bit that goes to our players heads ? Lallana a classic example that even the ref had a go at him.

When we were doing well , plaudits from pundits etc we had a good team spirit , this seems to have gone out of the window . Redmond another that the club have got noticed by the England set up who now spends all his time moaning at other players and failing to do the business himself. Tadic another constant moaning non deliverer.

Perhaps we need a better coaching set up to get the players back on track.

Exceptbfrom Liverpool where he'd be an upgrade in their LB position, and who want VVD anyway, which other clubs want him/which other club would he be an improvement for???

No one has bid for him or nothing so what is the cause for such a strop. Makes no sense

Didn't make it at Chelsea , poor at Villa then started to look good at Saints , got into the England squad but is now desparate to leave ! Is it the England bit that goes to our players heads ? Lallana a classic example that even the ref had a go at him.

When we were doing well , plaudits from pundits etc we had a good team spirit , this seems to have gone out of the window . Redmond another that the club have got noticed by the England set up who now spends all his time moaning at other players and failing to do the business himself. Tadic another constant moaning non deliverer.

Perhaps we need a better coaching set up to get the players back on track.

Redmond was doing that long before he got picked for England.