Tadic and Redmond

Batman

Tadic did actually play two of the more incisive balls of the game, but was too often caught napping and closed down. Looked half asleep on the ***** at times today, similar to Bertrand.

Not sure on Ryan, looked pretty miffed at most things, but then was also caught napping himself and looked half asleep.

It's ok, he's got international football to look forward to so he can chat with all his mates about how it's better at a big club.

The whole concept of playing players on the wrong side is based on them cutting inside and unleashing shots with their natural foot. As neither of them can hit a cow's arse with a banjo it makes no sense. If they are going to play then put them on their natural sides. The front four including the lone striker have to be good finishers and aggressive runners, none of the seven that play in the three qualify, hence the lack of goals. The manager needs to stop taking a system off the shelf and work out his own system to get our three goal scorers playing.

What the hell is going on there?

offer little and seem to constantly start.

Long surely has to come in for one of them (redmond)

and offer support to gabbiadini.

But those two. Jesus

I don't often agree with what you write, but in this case you're on the money. It's not working with Tadic and Redmond. I would have Long and Boufal come in for them. It can't go much worse, in terms of attacking output.

Tadic was excellent against Swansea but has gone downhill quickly. Have never really been a fan of Redmond since he's been here, has one or two games where he looks like a real player and follows it up with 5-10 absolute trash performances. He's lazy on the ball for me, far too casual and thinks he's much better than he is.

Very concerned by our lack of goals - not sure we've got a way of fixing it to be honest as the players are simply not good enough and we won't make significant investment this week. Fortunately we look ok defensively so should grind out enough for mid table but to expect much more with the attack we've got is wishful thinking. Had hoped MP would inject something new but the players just don't look up to it and he clearly isn't one of those miracle worker managers. Early days still but the signs are not good at all. It sounds stupid but is it really doing the players any good to be training against a keeper like Stuart Taylor? Not exactly the same quality of keeper they face in a league game.

Gabby did not get any support from Tadic or Remond or Davis. Cannot see any successful passing to our striker. Redmond is still dreaming to be a striker and believe he can shoot better than Gabb. Get rid of them and place Long and Austin. As our AM are pretty useless, we should play long ball and I think our strikers would have a better chance to touch the ball.

I don't often agree with what you write, but in this case you're on the money. It's not working with Tadic and Redmond. I would have Long and Boufal come in for them. It can't go much worse, in terms of attacking output.

I honestly believe Redmond is bang average and gets a bit of a free pass because he is English.

He was bang average at Norwich when they went down, was bang average last season when Puel decided he was the next Henry and bang average already this season.

Pretty bemusing when a couple on here talked him up as some sort of adequate replacement for Mane 12 months ago!!!

It's a common mistake to always think that those who not play are better than those who do.There is a good reason why Tadic and Redmon are giving this chances to play themselves out of their funk.

Tadic is 4th highest Premier League assist maker since August 2014. Redmond has shown a lot of progress since joining. He now need to addsome upper-body strength and will be fine.

They are clearly not in-form right now. But they are, along Davis, those who create a lot of chances for the team.

Boufal will get his chance coming as a sub, but he has to actually do something with the time he is given. To this point he hasen't. It's sad but true.

The problem with Boufal is that he hasen't shown willingness to play within the team concept, he has his own style of trying to beat everyone dribbling (losing the ball more ofte than not) and breaks the whole attacking setup. Until he understands the idea of playing as a team I don't see MP giving him a start.

The whole concept of playing players on the wrong side is based on them cutting inside and unleashing shots with their natural foot. As neither of them can hit a cow's arse with a banjo it makes no sense. If they are going to play then put them on their natural sides. The front four including the lone striker have to be good finishers and aggressive runners, none of the seven that play in the three qualify, hence the lack of goals. The manager needs to stop taking a system off the shelf and work out his own system to get our three goal scorers playing.

Wasnt this a favourite tactic of George Burley ? Deja vu or what ?

That is garbage his goal record is awful.

I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that of the 3 players he's the most likely to score. Redmond's and Tadic's goal record is even worse. At least Long puts in a shift. The other two just drift in and out of games. What we really need was sold to WBA. Just look at the reviews he's getting. Anyway, he's gone and we've been over and over that subject and done it to death so we'll just have to move on.

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that of the 3 players he's the most likely to score. Redmond's and Tadic's goal record is even worse. At least Long puts in a shift. The other two just drift in and out of games. What we really need was sold to WBA. Just look at the reviews he's getting. Anyway, he's gone and we've been over and over that subject and done it to death so we'll just have to move on.

What we really need was sold to Liverpool a year ago and a cheap imitation from Norwich doesn't cut it.

I honestly believe Redmond is bang average and gets a bit of a free pass because he is English.

He was bang average at Norwich when they went down, was bang average last season when Puel decided he was the next Henry and bang average already this season.

Pretty bemusing when a couple on here talked him up as some sort of adequate replacement for Mane 12 months ago!!!

I'm not one for bashing our own players, but I completely agree. I just cannot see it with Redmond, I never feel confident he's going to score when he has a chance.

I'm not one for bashing our own players, but I completely agree. I just cannot see it with Redmond, I never feel confident he's going to score when he has a chance.
I agree. He still has potential to improve but right now no way should he be getting the extended run in the team without his place being under threat.

I have to say Redmond has reached the peak of his potential, what you see is all you are going to get. Any moments of brilliance are more luck than of his own making. Since he has been with us he has indeed picked up the ball and run with it get to the box 2 defenders double up on him and he stops. Sitting in the crowd you hear folks crying out for him to take the defender on but 99 times out of hundred he either just off loads the ball or loses it.

As I said on the Steven Davis thread, Davo has anticipation in his game, Redmond has reaction the only trouble is Redmond is 10 yards away from where he is needing to be reacting. Stood watching the Huddersfield game it was astounding just how true this observation was. Hand on heart for a young player some in Saintsweb land please tell me what actual improvement to his game he has shown since being here.

Tadic thought when Puel said he wanted to build the team round him thought he had landed, he thought he was untouchable, hence throwing the toys out of the pram when subbed. Yup there are moments but a handful at most in each game is pretty poor show.

Tadic and Redmond on the pitch at the same time is like having 2 Luxury players on the pitch at the same time: trouble is they are Lidl luxury not Fortnum & Mason luxury.

Think I am talking hollyhocks? Just watch them both when they lose the ball for the umpteenth time in a game, they both blame every other player on the pitch.

I agree. He still has potential to improve but right now no way should he be getting the extended run in the team without his place being under threat.

Did you go to the cup game the other night? if so you would have seen what our forward line looks like without Redmond's pace. Trying to watch a combination of Austin, Tadic, JWP and Boufal counter attack at (no) pace was ****ing painful. Redmond starts because we don't have any other players in his position with any pace. If we had another player comparable to him then his place probably would be under threat but dropping him and replacing him out wide with JWP, Boufal, Tadic or Davis is a worse option than playing Redmond.

Did you go to the cup game the other night? if so you would have seen what our forward line looks like without Redmond's pace. Trying to watch a combination of Austin, Tadic, JWP and Boufal counter attack at (no) pace was ****ing painful. Redmond starts because we don't have any other players in his position with any pace. If we had another player comparable to him then his place probably would be under threat but dropping him and replacing him out wide with JWP, Boufal, Tadic or Davis is a worse option than playing Redmond.

I'm not saying you are wrong as we definitely lack pace in the squad, but could Shane Long not play as part of a front 3? He gets beyond the defenders more often and seems to create/have more chances than Redmond, and his conversion rate (although poor) is surely better than Redmond's?

I'm not saying you are wrong as we definitely lack pace in the squad, but could Shane Long not play as part of a front 3? He gets beyond the defenders more often and seems to create/have more chances than Redmond, and his conversion rate (although poor) is surely better than Redmond's?

I believe Long's conversion rate was the lowest in the squad last season and Redmond was our second highest scorer after Austin. Long was shocking last season I certainly don't see him as much of an upgrade (or any upgrade) on Redmond. What we need is someone similar to Antonio at west ham IMO.

I believe Long's conversion rate was the lowest in the squad last season and Redmond was our second highest scorer after Austin. Long was shocking last season I certainly don't see him as much of an upgrade (or any upgrade) on Redmond. What we need is someone similar to Antonio at west ham IMO.

Totally agree. We could do even worse than we do with Redmond and Tadic by playing Long and Ward-Prowse. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

Totally agree. We could do even worse than we do with Redmond and Tadic by playing Long and Ward-Prowse. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

For me, Long and Boufal could be an improvement on Redmond and Tadic.

Long changed the complexion of the game when he came on against Huddersfield, and made more happen in half an hour than Redmond did in the whole game. He's just as pacy as Redmond, if not more so, puts more effort in, creates more space, and I think he can put last season's bad luck in front of goal behind him and be a danger as one of the 3 behind the striker.

And Tadic has been so bad that Boufal deserves a few games to see if he can do better.

For me, Long and Boufal could be an improvement on Redmond and Tadic.

Long changed the complexion of the game when he came on against Huddersfield, and made more happen in half an hour than Redmond did in the whole game. He's just as pacy as Redmond, if not more so, puts more effort in, creates more space, and I think he can put last season's bad luck in front of goal behind him and be a danger as one of the 3 behind the striker.

And Tadic has been so bad that Boufal deserves a few games to see if he can do better.

With Long, you're not asking him to put last season behind him, but to rediscover the form of his one decent season under Koeman. Last season was just slightly under par for SL - 5 or 6 league goals a season is about the most you're ever going to get from him.

Redmond creates 3 goalscoring chances per game (1 more than any other player), has the most shots, most successful dribbles and assisted our only goal from open play...

Easily been our most creative and exciting player this season but lets drop him anyway because we just don't like him.

It's not we don't like him it's the fact he's cr**

What did you think about him FACTUALLY being our best outfield player against Huddersfield and most creative player against West Ham?

Or have you let the fact you simply don't like him cloud your opinions?

Redmond creates 3 goalscoring chances per game (1 more than any other player), has the most shots, most successful dribbles and assisted our only goal from open play...

Easily been our most creative and exciting player this season but lets drop him anyway because we just don't like him.

A very good point but I think the worry for most is if that's our best then????

With Long, you're not asking him to put last season behind him, but to rediscover the form of his one decent season under Koeman. Last season was just slightly under par for SL - 5 or 6 league goals a season is about the most you're ever going to get from him.

6 league goals a season isn't too bad if he's playing in the 3 behind the striker. It's more or less what you're likely to get from Tadic or Redmond. But in my opinion Long brings a lot more to the team than they do, in terms of the space he helps create, the lost causes he turns around, and the hard work he does for the team.

To be honest there hasn't been a lot of competition on the field in that respect. But there are other options in the squad who given the chance could do better.

I think Austin and Gabba should start along with Redmond if they can somehow get that to work, Austin offers great hold up play and has the best shooting in the team and Gabba can finish well and not too slow, Redmond has the pace and will get chances but just lacks a bit of consistency.

Boufal needs to have a run in the team to see if we should cut our losses on him, if so sell or loan him in Jan and by then Sims will be fit and I would play him regularly for the rest of the season and see if he's worth having as a 1st team regular for the following season.

6 league goals a season isn't too bad if he's playing in the 3 behind the striker. It's more or less what you're likely to get from Tadic or Redmond. But in my opinion Long brings a lot more to the team than they do, in terms of the space he helps create, the lost causes he turns around, and the hard work he does for the team.

He's a striker, so his goal return is going to diminish the further away you pay him from goal. He won't get more than a couple playing as a second striker/attacking midfielder - his technique isn't good enough, and his pace will count for less.

What I like about Redmond is that even on a bad day, he doesn't seem to hide. He'll keep getting the ball and at least trying things. His finishing is terrible though, he seems to want to smash it in and ends up pulling his shots.

Tadic though is more annoying. He looks like a player that does have the touch, but he seems content to drift through most games having little effect. I know people tell me he's provided x amount of assists - far enough but i also rely on what my eyes tell me. Assists are a strange stat. Just because you were the last one to touch the ball before the scorer, that doesn't tell the whole story. By now he is a senior pro and should be leading the team on the pitch, unfortunately he often seems more concerned with rolling around on the floor waving his arms about.