Sell on fee for Oxlade-Chamberlain...?

GazzerMaBoy

With today's reported transfer of Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal to Chelsea I just wondered if anyone on here might've known if we had a sell-on clause when we flogged him...?

Might get a few bob I suppose. Sold him for what about 12 million, so for a 23 million mark up (probably be more like 18 million though, the press tend to exaggerate) we might get 10 %'ish. Been a while though and he was a young player who had no obligation whatsover to resign for us. Arsenal gave us a good deal for the time and we may not expect much more.

Even if it was 25%, that's likely to be on the profit (£22mill), giving us circa £5.5 mill. Not a bad sum, and effectively covers the Bednarek fee, but at the same time nothing ground breaking & unlikely to change our views on any incomings over the next 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing he's no longer on his original Arsenal contract. Could that affect (reduce) our sell-on fee? Just wondering.

Sell on fee is a sell on fee, it's what was agreed when we transferred him and that's written in it's own contract. The only time it would come under question is if the club went into new ownership as part of administration etc.

I'm guessing he's no longer on his original Arsenal contract. Could that affect (reduce) our sell-on fee? Just wondering.

Surely that's 2 separate contracts? One's with Arsenal and Southampton as part of agreeing the transfer fee, and the other's between AOC and Arsenal and is his employment contract with them.

I'd be surprised if Liverpool pay £3.5m after his performance on Sunday.

I know his profile and bank balance are much the better for leaving Saints, but I think he would have been a better player had he stayed and played games.

He could have been captain by now, and we'd be holding out for £70m from the Scousers.

Edited by Faz

Found this

8-10 million apparently

Source seems to re post utter drivel but this seems in line with what we all think

Lol, but then the same bloke says this -

I'm told the Oxlade-Chamberlain sell-on clause opens the door for the van Dijk transfer to go through. Move likely to happen

Waffle.

All he's done is taken 25% of a potential 35/40m deal. The truth is that we'll get closer to £5m, as it's more of a sell on profit percentage we have apparently got in place.