International Week

Pamplemousse

France 1 nil up on 14 minutes. Didn't see the goal so not sure if Hoedt involved.

Griezmann sort of lured him out of his defensive position and then the Frenchman ran in the area where he should've been. It was more intelligent play by the French rather than poor play from him though.

I'll be watching this one. It's going to be a very tough game, which we're (the Dutch) very unlikely to win. Good test for Hoedt though!

The French have battered Holland so far, midfield giving little protection so a busy night for the Dutch defence and Hoedt. Can't see VVD having the incentive to play well for a World Cup place this year.

Defensively they've looked reasonably solid, but attacking-wise they've been dreadful.

No idea why Sneijder is playing, he is past it. Surely they have some good young attacking players they can play????

Yeah it's sad to see him like this. Amazing player at his prime.

The dutch team is going through a bit of a lull, not too many huge prospects coming through yet..

If Holland feel like a change of managers would help with qualifying from this difficult group, I believe that the chap in charge of Everton is Dutch.

Tale I heard from a "Little Mouse with clogs on in Old Amsterdam" When van Gaal said he was stepping down from the national team after the 2014 World Cup. Koeman had apparently positioned himself with the ending of his Feynoord contract to step into the role as on paper he was the "next man up". Allegedly the KNVB pretty much snubbed him having already sounded out a repeat of Guus Hiddink. Talking to Dutch friends they reckon Koeman would only be slightly tempted if the KNVB crawled over broken glass and begged him. but while he is earning a good living from club management no matter how crap the national side are doing he is happy to see them scraping the barrel.

The World's End is just starting on Film4. Cracking film.

CAn't face a film as been driving for 7 hours today. Made the 1st half go quickly though, as I slept through most of it.

See NI have had 24 shots with 4 on target. Wonder how many of those are Davis's?