International Week

Pamplemousse

Shame as the Dutch are one of the teams I look forward to watching during a World Cup.

Remember the last WC in 2014 and in particular watching out for a young prospect called Classie who was tipped for great things and linked with top clubs.

As a Dutchman I'm almost glad that we're not attending at the WC in Russia. There's nothing to enjoy at the moment, it's all very poor (as it already was in 2014 in Brasil) as we lack truly gifted players. We have to hope for the next generation in 4 years time. In the meantime we'll just watch the curves of miss bumbum as there's nothing better to do... :D

It didn't help that **** Advocaat in the week gave an interview where the journalist asked if he was worried about goal difference and he replied that Sweden wouldn't win 8-0 :lol:

:D

It didn't help neither that Dickie selected Janssen, Memphis, Blind, Klaassen, Pröpper & Wijnaldum. Those guys are rubbish since they play or played in the PL. Oh wait, van Dijk wasn't that bad though he didn't have much to do against a poor team like Belarus (who should have won given the second half...).

Fck me to get an England cap nowadays you basically have to be English and playing in PL.

Side today looks like a 4th choice IX. We are doomed

Winks, Trippier and Cresswell

Edited by whelk

Fck me to get an England cap nowadays you basically have to be English and playing in PL.

Side today looks like a 4th choice IX. We are doomed

Winks, Trippier and Cresswell

Winks and Trippier are both good players, would walk in our team.

Scotland suddenly looking in danger of not making the playoffs. I’m not saying this to wind up Saints fans who support other home nations but my usual response to this is **** ‘em. Scots, Welsh and Irish supporters get so excited when England (inevitably) lose at tournaments. I actively hope that “Wales” lose. For some reason I cheer for N.Ireland though. Can’t explain why. Maybe it’s Davis.

Winks and Trippier are both good players, would walk in our team.

That’s your definition of England quality then?

And you no doubt have seen so much of Winks with all those appearances he has made for Spurs.

#noeasygamesatthislevel #mightyLithuania

Saw Scotland got it back to 2-2, so at least they can see it as heroic failure, rather than a clusterf^ck that England do so well in the finals.

No doubt the Scots will also be lamenting that they were yet again drawn in the hardest group.

Saw Scotland got it back to 2-2, so at least they can see it as heroic failure, rather than a clusterf^ck that England do so well in the finals.

No doubt the Scots will also be lamenting that they were yet again drawn in the hardest group.

Nope, I’m a Scot and bewildered at blowing a really easy group. Nothing glorious about that performance. Scotland looked like they were already out and not fighting nail and tooth to get to the playoffs. Pathetic.

Unfortunately England's biggest weakness is central midfield. The likes of Henderson and Dier can do decent jobs but they're not going to dictate a game. A guy at work was relating a story he had from a coach, who said "no matter what your problem is, the answer is always your midfield". And even though that of course is a little extreme, there is at least some truth in it.

I was surprised to see Winks played, but given we had already qualified I don't see the harm of giving a promising youngster a run out, he's got more chance of turning out to be the answer than our other options at the moment.

Shame, because it's rare to have such a reliable goal threat up front like we do with Kane, can see England mirroring Saints a fair bit - lots of decent pieces, but never quite feeling like it's all there or all clicking.

That's another 90 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Count yourself lucky you didn't see our game in Oslo last night. Even two days drinking (at extortionate prices) couldn't dull the pain of watching it ffs. One of the worst games I've ever seen.

As of the current world rankings, N Ireland would be seeded, but their two defeats will probably see them slip down and Sweden overtake them.

**** me , it's complicated but I've just read up on it. At the moment NI would be seeded, however the new seedings are announced on October 16th & NI currently 20th will slip below Denmark , currently 26th. That means whatever happens tomorrow there are already 4 teams with guaranteed play off spots above them, so they'll defo be unseeded, even if Sweden lose 30-0 and finish 3rd

What seems strange to me is the qualifying record is used to drop the worst team & then the FIFA rankings are used to determine seeds. They've published a 2nd place qualifying table , why not just take the top 4 from that? It won't help the Irish , but Slovakia look like missing out because they've one less point than Greece (after the bottom teams results are taken out) , yet are 40 odd places above them in FIFA rankings. They should use the same system to drop the bottom team as determining seeds imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

**** me , it's complicated but I've just read up on it. At the moment NI would be seeded, however the new seedings are announced on October 16th & NI currently 20th will slip below Denmark , currently 26th. That means whatever happens tomorrow there are already 4 teams with guaranteed play off spots above them, so they'll defo be unseeded, even if Sweden lose 30-0 and finish 3rd

What seems strange to me is the qualifying record is used to drop the worst team & then the FIFA rankings are used to determine seeds. They've published a 2nd place qualifying table , why not just take the top 4 from that? It won't help the Irish , but Slovakia look like missing out because they've one less point than Greece (after the bottom teams results are taken out) , yet are 40 odd places above them in FIFA rankings. They should use the same system to drop the bottom team as determining seeds imo.

Let's go all the way and give the World Cup to the top seeded team.

Let's go all the way and give the World Cup to the top seeded team.

They should use the qualifying groups to determine everything. The worst qualification record of the second finishers drops out ( as it is now) , but the best 4 second place records should become the seeds. Why switch the system they ranked 9 teams, to another one when ranking 8 teams. Weird if you ask me, and probably to do with favouring the bigger nations. More than likely end up with the same seeds , or at least 3 out of 4, but no harm in some extra insurance just in case a couple of big (as in revenue raising ) countries have shocking qualifying campaigns and end up playing each other in play offs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Jocks out, Sheep****gers are out ...next Argentina and it will be a good week!

Now the Welsh and Scots can concentrate on their usual post-failure position of supporting whoever’s playing against England.

More than half of the Welsh squad for the Ireland game were born in England. I can’t respect a program that sole-sources half its squad from a neighboring nation.

Northern Ireland, Eire , play off anyone ?

Thankfully we can't play the Republic, couldn't be arsed with all the **** that goes along with it and they'd probably ban away fans from both games. The play-offs now look like:

Seeded teams: Portugal/Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Denmark.

Unseeded teams: NI, ROI, Sweden, Greece.

I'd prefer to draw Denmark but don't fancy us against anyone at the minute.

Thankfully we can't play the Republic, couldn't be arsed with all the **** that goes along with it and they'd probably ban away fans from both games. The play-offs now look like:

Seeded teams: Portugal/Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Denmark.

Unseeded teams: NI, ROI, Sweden, Greece.

I'd prefer to draw Denmark but don't fancy us against anyone at the minute.

Denamrk or the swiss for me. Really want to avoid Italy.

Lack of interest in going to Russia next summer http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/10/england-fans-apathy-exposed-lack-world-cup-ticket-requests/

What a surprise and would be a hardy soul that makes that trip. Great award by FIFA

I would imagine that any England Fan intending to travel will apply for tickets through the FA / England supporters club, rather than through FIFA where you can get tickets for any game, for example Costa Rica vs Egypt in the middle of Siberia!

That being said, I reckon England fan who wants a ticket, will get one for every England game.

Edited by SKD

Haven't missed a major tournament in a while and I could get any England game I want, but I've absolutely no interest in Russia at all.

At least we have Qatar to look forward to. Apart from the stadium slave labourer deaths, playing in the "winter" to avoid 120 degree heat, terrorism, and a host nation ranked at about 180th that has never played in a WC, it's the perfect choice.

At least we have Qatar to look forward to. Apart from the stadium slave labourer deaths, playing in the "winter" to avoid 120 degree heat, terrorism, and a host nation ranked at about 180th that has never played in a WC, it's the perfect choice.

The blockades by neighbouring states make it even more perfect.

The birds are going to be covered up as well. Half the fun of the World Cup is seeing foreign chicks, particularly South American ones,with plenty of cleavage showing and nice arses.

The birds are going to be covered up as well. Half the fun of the World Cup is seeing foreign chicks, particularly South American ones,with plenty of cleavage showing and nice arses.

I assume we won't be getting a world cup sing in the same vein as the Shakira one from South Africa. Very nice that was.

Maybe after a few drinks they'll be drunk enough to not worry about the cover-up ban. :p

Oh wait, alcohol is banned too. :mcinnes: