International Week

Pamplemousse

Lemina has just scored a world class goal. Get in there.

2-0 to Gabon away from home against Ivory Coast

Commentator: 'thats why Saints paid that much money for him, athletic and technically brilliant'

Bugger.

That's his worldy for the season then.

Meanwhile. Anyone mentioned Golf lately? I know Old Nick is absolutely dying for updates about being called up for Team Europe for the Ryder Cup.

Nah don't worry I'll sod off back to papsweb now & just annoy Granty with it on Twitter

From The Guardian live blog, and no surprises for Saints fans:

- The second half begins at a fairly frenetic pace, with Dusan Tadic failing to put his boot through the ball and making life easy for Ireland goalkeeper Darren Randolph after being put through.

and

-Another chance for Shane Long: Shane Long picks up the ball on the left flank, cuts inside and tries a shot. He fails to connect properly with his low drive and Serbia goalkeeper Vladimir Stojković saves comfortably at his near post.

Yeah I was thinking that Pellegrino might want to give Tadic a break and perhaps try Boufal instead. Tadic will probably throw a strop though.

It's okay, he'll slowly shuffle back and forth three or four times, giving the manager plenty of time to prepare for the onslaught, before meekly delivering less a strop more a whispered grumble, that comes to nothing and will be everyone else's fault.

I only watched the first half but thought Tadic was excellent at times putting through some excellent passes, if anything it exposes the poor movement around him at Saints that we don't benefit from that more, especially midfielders with pace making runs into space as he threaded the ball through many times.

Long was frustrating getting drawn into making fouls as he often does with us.

I took this video the other night at the game. Only 20 secs or so but it sounds much better with Ulster accents singing it! lol

Look forward to hearing this sung (with or without Ulster accents) at the weekend, with the singing lead by Verlaine and Derry. Sure they will know the words and the tune.

:lol:

• 5 weeks later...
So what does that mean for the Dutch, do they have to win their game and hope to thrash Sweden by a huge amount to get 2nd.

Holland are 6 points behind with 2 to play, the last fixture being against Sweden. Their goal difference is 14 worse than Sweden

The Dutch aren't even winning. Not looking good for them really

Shame as the Dutch are one of the teams I look forward to watching during a World Cup.

Remember the last WC in 2014 and in particular watching out for a young prospect called Classie who was tipped for great things and linked with top clubs.