How do you solve a problem like Van Dijk

SO16_Saint

Another "ITK" bites the dust

And there's an Echo article which says this was the first day back for the players, as they were all given time off.

Haha, let this be a lesson in how quickly things can change. My info came direct from an ex player who is still working at the club, with high level access to the first team. This was correct as of yesterday afternoon. That photo is today's training. Let's hope it's a good sign.

I'm happy not to post when I get told things, no worries to me.

Haha, let this be a lesson in how quickly things can change. My info came direct from an ex player who is still working at the club, with high level access to the first team. This was correct as of yesterday afternoon. That photo is today's training. Let's hope it's a good sign.

This is the rule of the forum pal. Any slight discrepancy in what you post will

Be jumped upon by those desperately hoping youre wrong. I used to post stuff but was constantly shouted and down and told I was wrong and had an agenda so stopped bothering. Some of us appreciate your posts and know how it all works. I put it down to jealousy from those who trawl this forum desperate for any snippet of information.

Think people don't realise how much of a change there can be in a short space of time, i was told on the day of the takeover (morning before it happened) that it must not be going through because they were renewing contracts for non critical staff who had previously been kept on game by game freelance contracts during the takeover process.

Then a couple of hours later the takeover is announced!

But you said he had been training on his own. Yet today was the first day they were back training.

Information does change, of course, but there is a rather large discrepancy between your post and the facts.

Ignore the idiots pal, you'll get used to who they are.

As others have said, things change very quickly and only a handful of people know exactly what's going on inside the club, everyone else has to feed off scraps.

Unfortunately the real trolls on here are scaring away those with useful information.

What you said was nonsense, over an international weekend the players that stay are given time off.

What you said was nonsense, over an international weekend the players that stay are given time off.

What he said wasn't nonsense, it's quite possible the person he knew was told exactly that. The problem is that in your autistic world you can't read any subtitles, so you totally miss things and go after people like a boring football statto version of Mark Corrigan.

This is the rule of the forum pal. Any slight discrepancy in what you post will

Be jumped upon by those desperately hoping youre wrong. I used to post stuff but was constantly shouted and down and told I was wrong and had an agenda so stopped bothering. Some of us appreciate your posts and know how it all works. I put it down to jealousy from those who trawl this forum desperate for any snippet of information.

The mboard is merciless pal. They build you up on here, so they can knock you down. Its blood sport for some. You can understand why supposed ITKers like Patred are so reluctant to post.

Edited by shurlock

Ignore the idiots pal, you'll get used to who they are.

As others have said, things change very quickly and only a handful of people know exactly what's going on inside the club, everyone else has to feed off scraps.

Unfortunately the real trolls on here are scaring away those with useful information.

Isn't assuming that everyone who claims to be 'ITK' is genuinely ITK as equally narrow minded and judgemental as those who assume the opposite...?

In other words, you seem to be suggesting that the concept of a fake ITK isn't plausible.

(Just a generic observation)

Edited by trousers

What he said wasn't nonsense, it's quite possible the person he knew was told exactly that. The problem is that in your autistic world you can't read any subtitles, so you totally miss things and go after people like a boring football statto version of Mark Corrigan.

Why would his "source", which apparently is an ex-player, tell him that the players were in training all week when they weren't?

Why would his "source", which apparently is an ex-player, tell him that the players were in training all week when they weren't?

I'd assume his source had it on good faith, not know what was going on behind the scenes completely, most ITK things are really just the result of rumours in the background and often those rumours are out of date from the point they've been told.

Personally i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the truth when the person that told him found out was what he'd heard, but in the interim conversations had been had that had changed the situation. Not least VVD realising he's not going in January and he needs to knuckle down for this season and accept it to get a move.

The problem is old Matt Le Autistic doesn't see nuance, and takes everything at face value RIGHT NOW, something which is almost always not the case in football clubs, and even less likely to be the case in any gossip, rumour or "leaks" that come out of it.

I'd assume his source had it on good faith, not know what was going on behind the scenes completely, most ITK things are really just the result of rumours in the background and often those rumours are out of date from the point they've been told.

Personally i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the truth when the person that told him found out was what he'd heard, but in the interim conversations had been had that had changed the situation. Not least VVD realising he's not going in January and he needs to knuckle down for this season and accept it to get a move.

The problem is old Matt Le Autistic doesn't see nuance, and takes everything at face value RIGHT NOW, something which is almost always not the case in football clubs, and even less likely to be the case in any gossip, rumour or "leaks" that come out of it.

If you knew anything about autism, you probably wouldn't be using it so flippantly. You just come across as incredibly ignorant.

Less time to run on his contract for a start, VVD would have to do this for 4 more years.

Plus there was the added complication of Berahino failing a drugs test, which prolonged his absence.

The fact is that he didn't get the big move he wanted, sulked, went mental, ended up getting a move. But had to go sideways to Stoke, and by all accounts he has been garbage for them. He's put doubt on a promising career by essentially being greedy. I don't think VVD is as dim as that though.

If he doesn't agree to train or play, fine him his full salary, every week. Simple.

IF this is the case.

To be honest I am getting sick of him, stick him in the reserves for the next 5 years....

Van Dijk's only got to strop until he's got 3 years of his contract left, when the Webster Ruling means he can buy himself out of his contract. If he's over 28 it's only 2 years.

Also, we can't fine him his full wages every week, we can only fine him the maximum allowable under his contract, which is standard as 2 weeks' wages per month thanks to the PFA.

Anyway, first team training, so that's good.

What about Franny?

Oh I'm sure but I was mooning through the internet and it was defo a player that surprised me as he'd been there a while and never seen him mentioned at all and was with us early takeover.

Can't remember what capacity it was under though. Might google it when I've finished watching Narcos.

Isn't assuming that everyone who claims to be 'ITK' is genuinely ITK as equally narrow minded and judgemental as those who assume the opposite...?

In other words, you seem to be suggesting that the concept of a fake ITK isn't plausible.

(Just a generic observation)

No, what I'm saying is that if you don't believe what someone has to say, ignore it.

Let people judge for themselves what they do / don't believe, we don't need the usual suspects (always, pamplemousse & MLG) trying to belittle people for sharing their 'snippets'.

As I said, only a very small number of people are truely 'ITK' and I can guarantee you that they don't post on here. As Eric has said, I bet everyone / anyone who posts snippets on here or else where will be second hand information and most probably based on rumours and/or old information.

Let people judge for themselves what they do / don't believe, we don't need the usual suspects (always, pamplemousse & MLG) trying to belittle people for sharing their 'snippets'.

I wouldn't say they were the main 'belittlers' on here.

Fair bit of chinese whispers going on, I'd guess, and out of date information, so I read with interest, the odd chuckle and a big pinch of salt.

So what? To use it as a kind of insult is pathetic.
I didn't read it as an insult, it was more of an expression of frustration at how literal you are and explaining why some find you insufferable. From my point of view you've actually toned it down a lot from a few years ago so it's much more tolerable.

No, what I'm saying is that if you don't believe what someone has to say, ignore it.

As I said, only a very small number of people are truely 'ITK' and I can guarantee you that they don't post on here. As Eric has said, I bet everyone / anyone who posts snippets on here or else where will be second hand information and most probably based on rumours and/or old information.

It's not belittling anyone, it's calling someone out for outright lying. The guy tried to pass himself off as an ITK, and got caught out. Perhaps you're a little embarrassed that you fell for it. Next time, try to be a bit more sceptical when unconfirmed sources post things on the internet :)

I think it was quite telling that when St Chalet offered a solution to determine once and for all the validity of an ITK, nobody took him up.

Edited by Pamplemousse

I don't really get wound up by all this ITK business. Some people get info from sources inside the club. Sometimes the info they received proves correct. Sometimes it does not. They pass it on, and as long as they pass it on in good faith it's fine by me. The amount of grief some of them catch on here must be a real deterrent to posting potentially interesting info.

For me, Monk winding up the scousers with VVD info he received that proved to be false and then making it to the Daily Express was one of the highlights of an otherwise interminable summer.

He should be on the bench Saturday. He's been keeping himself in good shape and is pretty much fit. I don't think he's going to play this out any longer. He'll knuckle down and play.

Don't know why some of you are getting your knickers in a twist though, it's three days until the next game. You'll know by then.

He should be on the bench Saturday. He's been keeping himself in good shape and is pretty much fit. I don't think he's going to play this out any longer. He'll knuckle down and play.

Don't know why some of you are getting your knickers in a twist though, it's three days until the next game. You'll know by then.

Danny Butterfield!? I know Puel was bad against Wolves but I still wouldn't put Butterfield back in.

Check my posts gobby, I don't belittle any of the itk, I just challenge know nothings like you,

Is Ryan still definitely leaving

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

I think if someone's posting some third hand rumour then fine but they should probably make it clear it's just a rumour.

It's when people say something as FACT when it isn't then start whingeing about how things change when their FACT turns out to be ******** that winds people up.

I think if someone's posting some third hand rumour then fine but they should probably make it clear it's just a rumour.

It's when people say something as FACT when it isn't then start whingeing about how things change when their FACT turns out to be ******** that winds people up.

The fact is, very few facts are known, and things do change. I wouldn't like anyone to stop posting rumours, but I agree they should be recognised as that, and not anything definitive.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Can we please retitle this thread" How do you solve a problem like a bunch of bickering, sniping posters more interested in having a go at each other than discussing a topic?"

Or, how about: "How do you solve a problem like someone moaning about a bunch of bickering, sniping posters more interested in having a go at each other than discussing a topic?"

;)