VVD back in training!

conaero

https://www.footballfancast.com/football-news/southampton-boss-provides-update-on-30m-rated-star

Rated at just £30 million according to the thicko buffoons at transfermarkt.co.uk.

That might be what they rate his value to be, but it isn't anywhere near what Southampton would be prepared to accept for him, or indeed what some clubs would be prepared to pay for him. Being adrift with a valuation at least half of what it probably should be, is totally inept and makes them look idiotic.

"The Netherlands international has not represented Southampton’s first team since picking up an ankle injury in January, but has turned out for the club’s Under-23 side this term."

An indication of the accuracy in the article, wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Mostly good, seemed to have the measure of Crouch in the air which was important if you remember the last season's home game (sh*t game, Crouch header wins it in injury time, I get sunburned sat in block 4).

Did give the pen away which I'd put down to a bit of ring rustiness. Looks effective coming forward, hopefully Pellegrino will encourage this.

VVD starting the game today sends out completely the wrong message to other members of our squad and the rest of football. The only justification to select him today would have been an injury or a change in our formation to 3 centre halves.

Mostly good, seemed to have the measure of Crouch in the air which was important if you remember the last season's home game (sh*t game, Crouch header wins it in injury time, I get sunburned sat in block 4).

Did give the pen away which I'd put down to a bit of ring rustiness. Looks effective coming forward, hopefully Pellegrino will encourage this.

He did not have the measure of Crouch for his goal as he was nowhere near him,

VVD starting the game today sends out completely the wrong message to other members of our squad and the rest of football. The only justification to select him today would have been an injury or a change in our formation to 3 centre halves.

Complete garbage. He's our best player.

I suggest you re-watch the 10 or so seconds before he conceded the penalty and think again.

His demeanor positioning and just the way he looked was really odd just before he fouled the player ...like the game passed him by and he was confused ......watch again you will see what I mean , he looked like a schoolboy player ball watching .....very very odd , rest of the game he was fine

His demeanor positioning and just the way he looked was really odd just before he fouled the player ...like the game passed him by and he was confused ......watch again you will see what I mean , he looked like a schoolboy player ball watching .....very very odd , rest of the game he was fine

After a long injury lay-off it takes 10 to 15 games to get back into the right frame of mind. Some players never get back to what they were.

Absolutely. He seems to think he's got any say in whether it happens. It won't.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Keep giving away cheap penalties it might do.

The pressure any 60m defender going to Liverpool will be intense. The fans have put so much on him, that if they don't start getting lots of clean sheets they will turn pretty quickly

Keep giving away cheap penalties it might do.

The pressure any 60m defender going to Liverpool will be intense. The fans have put so much on him, that if they don't start getting lots of clean sheets they will turn pretty quickly

Oi - It's £80m if you don't mind ;-)

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/10/blogs/premier-league/van-dijk-opens-door-to-liverpool-move-in-january/ :rolleyes:

What...

A....

Knob...

Though nice of him to mention what a professional he is again :lol:

Professional is a strange word for him to use. That's why he missed half of pre-season, refused to do club commitments, sulked, wasn't ready for 15% of the season's league games and has been a complete and utter ****.

Nor the clubs either.
Probably not, no. So not worth anyone being overly bothered about.

If he plays well then whats the issue? We knew he wanted to leave all summer and its great we kept him but he will play for us still wanting to leave.

I am ok with that personally. The alternative was to sell him and most agreed we needed to make a stance.

So we have kept him, might as well play him as he is our best player and we can handle is comments about wanting to leave, which TBH are just the truth of the matter.

Probably not, no. So not worth anyone being overly bothered about.

If he plays well then whats the issue? We knew he wanted to leave all summer and its great we kept him but he will play for us still wanting to leave.

I am ok with that personally. The alternative was to sell him and most agreed we needed to make a stance.

So we have kept him, might as well play him as he is our best player and we can handle is comments about wanting to leave, which TBH are just the truth of the matter.

I agree. I have two wishes.

1: he shuts up

2: he plays well

Him trying to stoke rumours and weaken the clubs hand in October is the opposite of professional

Edited by farawaysaint

And people wonder why some of us choose to boo him. Complete and utter unprofessional knob

and by booing him it makes it MORE likely he leaves in Jan, which is exactly what his Agent wants.

By ignoring his comments or giving him a polite round of applause means the Agents plan will fail.

Remember we have had only one article from Saints since the close of the Transfer Window

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/01/virgil-van-dijk-staying-put-southampton-shows-saints-sticking/

which contains the following

With Southampton unlikely to deal with Liverpool over the player, Van Dijk may well have to persuade a new suitor to make a big offer for him if he wants to leave in the future. In order to do that the 26-year-old knows that he will have to impress on the pitch once again.

While it doesn't surprise me in this modern era to hear another mercenary act like this at Saints, it is this type of behaviour that vindicates every saints fan who wants to boo him or shout abuse at him. There will no doubt be people on here who will say we should support this bloke while he plays for us but to be honest why should we.

His behaviour is an absolute disgrace, an insult to every saints fan and to the people who pay him a weekly salary that most of us would have to work three years to earn, not to mention some of the players. If he just kept his mouth shut, maybe he'd get a bit more sympathy, after all if Barcelona or Real Madrid came in for him, I'd believe the whole ambition thing but I honestly think it's about money. Liverpool are a mile away from the two Manchester clubs in terms of winning the league in my view.

Personally, I think we should get Jack Stephens back in the team, we need someone who deserves the chance to develop his game and who actually wants to be part of the team. Yes, Van Dijk is a quality player but for every Gareth Bale, there are probably 20 others who have left our club for supposedly better things and dare I say it, ruined their careers.

I admire Saints for their stance and refusal to be pushed around by the big clubs. The best way to solve the issue is for Saints to just come out and say he is for sale for a minimum fee of £100m. Then if Liverpool really want him, they will cough up, all up front, no add ons.

Think the way he's behaving could easily cause problems for the club and the dressing room in time so just get rid but on our terms. I know it's different times but sorry, it still grates on me that people like Van Dijk and the likes of Wanayama are/were earning probably 20 times the amount Le Tiss earnt per week at Saints for doing a fraction of what he did for our club.

Football for me is about escapism. Escape from the crap life throws in one's path. I really don't want to have to face the crap that players drum up. I realise that that is the nature of football, but still, I don't want to escape my crap to be faced with their crap.

He wants to leave, we know this. As long as he is performing on the pitch, that's all that matters. After January, he'll shut up again. We decide when he leaves. Club should tell him no unauthorised interviews without permission, otherwise fine him. Sell him in summer for £90. In the meantime, booing him isn't going to help him play better