VVD back in training!

conaero

Did anyone ever actually make an offer for him? It's all very good saying we're refusing to sell him, but even if we wanted to we can't sell him unless someone makes an offer - and then it's obviously going to have to be a big offer for us to accept, no team wants to sell their best players - but receive an offer big enough and they probably will.

I'm currently on holiday in Peru and my son messaged me saying VVD has said he hopes to leave in January. To be honest i have really lost all interest in Saints since the summer. I'm just really disgusted with the state of the modern game, the agents, the players and some of the foreign managers that have come to our league.

I really hope VVD goes as quick as possible and we get as much money as we can to spend where we desperately need to.

I am genuinely worried for us this season.

I'm currently on holiday in Peru and my son messaged me saying VVD has said he hopes to leave in January. To be honest i have really lost all interest in Saints since the summer. I'm just really disgusted with the state of the modern game, the agents, the players and some of the foreign managers that have come to our league.

I really hope VVD goes as quick as possible and we get as much money as we can to spend where we desperately need to.

I am genuinely worried for us this season.

Don't worry, Richard Scudamore is working his magic to make sure the big clubs get a bigger share of the PL profits. Things can only get better.

Did anyone ever actually make an offer for him? It's all very good saying we're refusing to sell him, but even if we wanted to we can't sell him unless someone makes an offer - and then it's obviously going to have to be a big offer for us to accept, no team wants to sell their best players - but receive an offer big enough and they probably will.

NO OFFER WAS MADE FOR HIM BY ANYONE ............its the bit the thick **** keeps missing , and I suspect no offer will be made in January either especially by Liverpool . He needs to get on with the job he should be honoured to do and is royally paid for and shut his mouth and his agents

He won`t be going until the club say he can and it won`t be in January, so why get so worked up again.

Whilst I agree with this, the point is now that he is behaving like a complete tit. It's time for him to shut up and get on with it. How many other players are publicly courting themselves for sale in the next window. None.

Whilst I agree with this, the point is now that he is behaving like a complete tit. It's time for him to shut up and get on with it. How many other players are publicly courting themselves for sale in the next window. None.

Indeed he should. At a Q&A I once asked Strachan what he thought of the transfer window. He said that he agreed with it because it allowed him to get on with coaching. If a player was spouting off about how good he was then he would say "ok then, knuckle down and we'll see who comes in for you in the next transfer window".

If VVD wants a dream move away then he needs to produce the form over the next few months to earn it. Then we can grab the money and buy somebody who gives a sh!t.

NO OFFER WAS MADE FOR HIM BY ANYONE ............its the bit the thick **** keeps missing , and I suspect no offer will be made in January either especially by Liverpool . He needs to get on with the job he should be honoured to do and is royally paid for and shut his mouth and his agents

This, nobody ever made an offer. I don't think anyone will, unless they are given some kind of indication that Southampton will do business.

The utter contempt VVD is showing the club and the fans is shocking. However, if the fans start making it difficult for him to be here and boo / give him abuse, that will play right into VVD hands....the club will feel they have to sell as A) He wants out and B) The fans want him out.

He is probably one of the best players to ever play for us, and I still think you could play him in any position and he would probably be the best player at the club in that position, but we now need to make a f%cking example of him. Sell him (abroad NOT in the UK) and use the cash to sort our squad out, or let him rot for 5 years and get nothing for him - Id be happy with either outcome.

Why was it people thought he would suddenly be quiet and not mention wanting to leave still?

Was inevitable as soon as he went on Intl duty.

Whatever our expectations were regarding his verbal eruptions, we can still find them irritating, mainly because they are.

I recall that Tadic and Wanyama have both spoken candidly to the media about Saints issues while on international duty, in the past. It’s one of the many reasons I dislike the international break.

I'm a little surprised at the reaction this has got. He hasn't really said much at all. Just that he might start thinking his next move which is fair enough.

Funny how nobody has latched on to the Of course, I wanted to make a step up, but Southampton did not want me to sell me, but you're a professional, so now I'll give everything to the club. bit.

Our fans have treated the likes of Maya and Shane at least as poorly as VvD has Saints. I'm not sure why people get so precious. I can't imagine the club letting him go in Jan and neither can I see him staying next summer.

https://www.footballfancast.com/transfer-rumours/virgil-van-dijk-says-his-words-were-completely-twisted-in-controversial-interview

This is what I like to hear although it is incredible how often footballers are "misquoted". Still, a much more positive interview to be commended.

Very very interesting. Original De Telegraaf link: https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/494760/ik-kwam-over-als-een-verwend-nest

The paper seems to say that the English reporters had spoken with him Monday and had made up their minds, produced the story in a day and made a **** storm, without talking to him more. Wouldn't surprise me.

Very very interesting. Original De Telegraaf link: https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/494760/ik-kwam-over-als-een-verwend-nest

The paper seems to say that the English reporters had spoken with him Monday and had made up their minds, produced the story in a day and made a **** storm, without talking to him more. Wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe Reed has told VVD to knuckle down this season and we will promise to let him leave in the summer.

The pro Liverpool journos are desperate to rile the situation at any opportunity with truths and half truths. Sensible thing to do on our part is to back him and the team in games and give him the best chance of performing his best while still here, however long that is for. God Knows we could do with a world class defender in the ranks.

https://www.footballfancast.com/transfer-rumours/virgil-van-dijk-says-his-words-were-completely-twisted-in-controversial-interview

This is what I like to hear although it is incredible how often footballers are "misquoted". Still, a much more positive interview to be commended.

I wonder if this interview will be as widely reported as his previous one...

**** me, some of you lap it up. Misquoted my arse, more likely an off the record chat, put on the record against his wishes. You only have to look at his clarification statement , it’s full of pony.

“I came across as a spoilt brat who was only busy looking at options to make a transfer in winter, but I’m not. It was not my words and I would never say that.”

**** off, you were a spoilt brat all summer , were only busy looking at transfer options and you would ****ing say that.

“My focus is entirely on Southampton, I work hard on training and competitions and have respect for the club “

You’ve have shown a complete lack of respect to the club, the supporters and your colleagues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The English press, in particular sports journalists, are despicable. This type of reporting doesn't happen anywhere else in the world.

What type of reporting is that? To me it looks like that nefarious old trade of 'writing down what people say'.

**** me, some of you lap it up. Misquoted my arse, more likely an off the record chat, put on the record against his wishes. You only have to look at his clarification statement , it’s full of pony.

“I came across as a spoilt brat who was only busy looking at options to make a transfer in winter, but I’m not. It was not my words and I would never say that.”

**** off, you were a spoilt brat all summer , were only busy looking at transfer options and you would ****ing say that.

“My focus is entirely on Southampton, I work hard on training and competitions and have respect for the club “

You’ve have shown a complete lack of respect to the club, the supporters and your colleagues.

This. He's a ****

Nope, the quotes that were picked up actually came from multiple interviews he did for dutch tv stations when he arrived at the hotel for the national team. And the "media" throws the little parts he said to different tv stations about his summer into one article and made it look like he rambled on about it the whole interview and make it look more juicy.

He actually said very little about it and wasnt asked much about it cause in Dutch football we have a bigger problem atm then van Dijk and his summer issues at the club.

Nope, the quotes that were picked up actually came from multiple interviews he did for dutch tv stations when he arrived at the hotel for the national team. And the "media" throws the little parts he said to different tv stations about his summer into one article and made it look like he rambled on about it the whole interview and make it look more juicy.

He actually said very little about it and wasnt asked much about it cause in Dutch football we have a bigger problem atm then van Dijk and his summer issues at the club.

So he did say the lines reported , but not all in one interview and also said other stuff that wasn’t reported? This makes it better, how?

So he did say the lines reported , but not all in one interview and also said other stuff that wasn’t reported? This makes it better, how?

Well depends what lines you are talking about, some he said and some he didnt.

And better? You dont hear me talk about better. All im saying is that apparently some people make a big thing out of what he did or didnt say while he really didnt say much at all.

Maybe could be a non commital answer to a question from a journo about whether something might happen on the transfer front in January which gets twisted to being VVD is agitating for a move. It's how the press work.

VVD should know if he wants a move he needs to play well, and that is easier done with the fans not on his back. He should also know Saints don't sell in January and they won't sell to Liverpool.

Maybe could be a non commital answer to a question from a journo about whether something might happen on the transfer front in January which gets twisted to being VVD is agitating for a move. It's how the press work.

It wasn't a non-commital answer, though, not in the sense you're using. If you don't want to look like you're agitating, you just say 'I'm focused on Southampton' or similar. Players get more than enough media training to know this.

It wasn't a non-commital answer, though, not in the sense you're using. If you don't want to look like you're agitating, you just say 'I'm focused on Southampton' or similar. Players get more than enough media training to know this.
Definitely.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk