VVD back in training!

conaero

What are you both suggesting he should have done differently? Once they collided, van Dijk was never going to get back in time.

Oh come on, 10 mins into his first match for over 8 months he should be showing no signs of being rusty and should be marking all these Villa kids on his own. FFS based on a three second clip it's been decided he is being half arsed, going through the motions etc etc

It looks like our U23s could well be relegated again. The U18s are just as bad. Our Academy teams are terrible nowadays. Poor coaching and poor recruitment.

i would have thought as VVD is playing it may have been a good idea to give Targett, Hjoberg and McQueen a run out as well instead of surrounding him with sub standard kids.

It looks like our U23s could well be relegated again. The U18s are just as bad. Our Academy teams are terrible nowadays. Poor coaching and poor recruitment.

They can't be relegated this season, it is a two league system they are in.

In any case, results are not what is important, it is production of players. Our first team squad now has a very high bar for a teenager to break past in order to get 1st team game time.

I remember watching Bertrand for the U23's after a long lay off (not as long as Virgil's). Not only was he awful, he was lucky not to be Red carded for a horrendous tackle. A few days later he appeared for the first team and was bang on it.

Although from a completely neutral view at the Birmingham Mail on their commentary link:

'Van Dijk dominating

You wouldn’t think that this was Van Dijk’s first outing of the season.

He’s won everything in the air and has led by example.

The centre-half is a monster of a defender and the sooner he’s back for the Saints the better.'

Although from a completely neutral view at the Birmingham Mail on their commentary link:

'Van Dijk dominating

You wouldn’t think that this was Van Dijk’s first outing of the season.

He’s won everything in the air and has led by example.

The centre-half is a monster of a defender and the sooner he’s back for the Saints the better.'

But that doesn't fit people's agendas to be fair.

In any case, results are not what is important, it is production of players. Our first team squad now has a very high bar for a teenager to break past in order to get 1st team game time.

The usual excuse when a team is not very good. It's not the winning but the taking part ********. It's really all about developing players with a winning instinct and providing the best level of competition possible to help with the development of players (who incidentally are or are not necessarily teenagers). We are poor and there is no excuse. Our development of players at this and u18 level has been falling now for a few years and we no longer develop players good enough for the first team.

Until we dig out Hunter & Jaidi and send them on the way to the job centre things will never improve. Every match Hunter trots out his cliches of wisdom like "we can learn from this!" or " we can take the positives".

Two years to learn that you need to keep the ball out of your own net and bang it into theirs. What are these effing useless idiots being paid. The Academy has become a £30m laughing stock.

It's all very well talking about what VVD isn't doing right but at least he's got an excuse in so much as he hasn't played since January. My concern is this Polish lad we have signed who looks from what I've seen live and in clips to be completely average at best. At worst he's fkin crap.

Until we dig out Hunter & Jaidi and send them on the way to the job centre things will never improve. Every match Hunter trots out his cliches of wisdom like "we can learn from this!" or " we can take the positives".

Two years to learn that you need to keep the ball out of your own net and bang it into theirs. What are these effing useless idiots being paid. The Academy has become a £30m laughing stock.

Have to agree with the comments regarding Jaidi and Hunter, they do certainly offer the same lame sound bites after the latest defeat. Tonight's comments should be interesting.

Unfortunately the rot has set in throughout the whole club.

I've been saying for a while that they are worried as there is very little coming through.

Who needs to go first?

Reed, Wilson, Jaidi, Hunter, Watson, Black, VVD, Bedranak, Krueger

We wouldn't have a club left if some had their way.

i get your point but you think Jaidi is doing a good job ?

You think the goalkeepers look on top of their game and well coached ?

You think Black's appalling record at every single club he has coached at is just a coincidence cos there is no sign of it rubbing off here is there ?

i get your point but you think Jaidi is doing a good job ?

You think the goalkeepers look on top of their game and well coached ?

You think Black's appalling record at every single club he has coached at is just a coincidence cos there is no sign of it rubbing off here is there ?

Or the players just aren't good enough. You can only work with what you've got at the end of the day. (I'm referring to the U23/U18 squads)

Who needs to go first?

We need to replace some of the dead wood. If we're stuck with all of them for another year, we'll be very much a club in decline at every level. Replace them well and we'll be a club on the rise again. I'd start with Wilson, Black, Watson and Jaidi.

Who needs to go first?

We should go en masse with torches and set fire to St Mary's and burn everyone in it, start new, rise from the ashes like a liver bir...ah forget it!

You did watch the game on Saturday right? ;-) In fairness we don't seem to have any real break through players around at the moment and the best ones are out on loan so we can hardly expect much from our youth teams.

Bednarek rubbish against Wolves in the EFL Cup and seems still awful still against Villa U23's tonight, you'ed think with VVD and McCarthy in the lineup 4-0 would not be the result, to be fair he looked bad in the U21 Euro Tournament too if I remember he also gave away a pen against England too, nowhere near 1st team standard yet for me

Bednarek rubbish against Wolves in the EFL Cup and seems still awful still against Villa U23's tonight, you'ed think with VVD and McCarthy in the lineup 4-0 would not be the result, to be fair he looked bad in the U21 Euro Tournament too if I remember he also gave away a pen against England too, nowhere near 1st team standard yet for me

And pray tell, how do you think he is going to improve if you never play him?

Who needs to go first?

To be fair the u-23's and 18's have really struggled for a few years now overall. No harm in fans questioning if things need to change.

Seems Koeman was bang on about the academy.

I notice Harrison Reed and Ryan Seager have already been dropped to the bench for their respective lower league loan clubs.

Only one academy player called up to the England age groups for the last international period.

It seems like decline has set in right through the club on the football side. I'm sure it's not as melodramatic as that, but the sign aren't encouraging.