VVD back in training!

conaero

my desire is to have the Saints win every match.

i don't see how booing VVD when he is on the pitch supports that desire.

Fully agree - I was there and cheered him, particularly as Morgan appreciated the fans support when he came back from his tantrum. Will be interesting to see how he is used within the team as would be very rough on Maya if he takes his place.

Funny that the people criticising the booing for VVD are the ones sat behind a computer screen rather than spending the cash to go watch the team. Our "captain" handed in a transfer request a year after signing a new contract, completely disrespecting the club, had this secret meeting with Liverpool, yet gladly took his millionaires wage that those of us with menial jobs contribute towards by giving our money to watch Saints, buy shirts etc etc whilst he probably can't wait for the next transfer window so he can leave, yet the fans that boo are apparently out of order? Those moaning about it are probably the sort of people that would catch some bloke banging their mrs but rather than punch him would offer him a cup of tea.

The question you need to ask yourself is: does this help? It's understandable to have negative feelings about VVD, but booing your own team while they're playing is just stupid.

I think MP has handled the entire VVD situation superbly to be honest. Not an easy situation to manage, but he took him out of the equation when he felt he needed to, and is now slowly reintegrating him back - not throwing him straight in, but giving him a few minutes like that - away from home, is very good management of the situation. I think MP, like Koeman had with Morgan, has got a real handle on the player management side.

Will expect to see him start next week.

Agreed!

I'm hoping the booers will have got it out of their systems now.

I predict the next step will be a VVD interview on the website with the tenacious Paxman-esque Jordan Sibley where he'll come as close to apologising as a pampered millionaire prima-donna type can.

Watching it on the TV, I thought it was the Palace fans booing Tadic as he was going off (they had been heckling him before that), can anyone at the game confirm it was our end booing VVD or not?

Definitely a sizeable chunk of our end booing VVD. Palace were pretty f*cking quiet all game, except for about 15 people and a drum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mixed reception in the ground for him. Plenty booing, some cheering. When his song started it quickly got booed over or hijacked with the alternative version. Some woman in front of us was getting quite irate with the people who were slagging him off.

I clapped Tadic going off then ignored Van Dijk coming on.

Cheers. Didn't sound too loud on the TV, only a few murmurings.

The reaction at home will be much more interesting.

From where I was stood I thought it was pretty loud. More booed than didn't. Personally I clapped off Tadic and did nothing for VVD. Was baffled by those that sung his name though

From where I was stood I thought it was pretty loud. More booed than didn't. Personally I clapped off Tadic and did nothing for VVD. Was baffled by those that sung his name though

I would say more sang than booed and most, like me, did neither.

Where I was standing the cheering outweighed the booing easily, but there were plenty keeping silent.

Much as I'm angry with the way he's behaved, the point of keeping him is to have him play, and play well. Booing won't help, and I didn't. If he plays well next week, I'll cheer him too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Something along these lines:

**** off Van Dijk

Virgil Van Dijk

We just don't want you anymore

The bloke has got some front

A money grabbing ****

**** off Virgil Van Dijk

One for when he's rehabilitated...

We got a call from Klopp

We told him to f*ck off

We've got Virgil van Dijk

• 2 weeks later...

couldnt be any further up their backsides could he ?

did he make this prediction before or after their second consecutive draw in a fairly easy group ?

Headline doesn't really tally with the content of the report. He was actually asked which teams will go furthest and he said Liverpool and Man City, maybe. Nothing about glory, he is not prediciting they are going to win or anything. Probably thinks like most that English teams will probably get knocked out in the last 16. Man City seems like a reasonable shout.

Sounds a bit precious to have a pop at VvD about this one. He's probably best advised to keep well away from anything Liverpool while he remains at this club but he was asked a question and he answered it. It was a question about the Champions League, SFC are not in the CL, he couldn't, as suggested elsewhere, stuck to just commenting on us.

He deserves a bit of stick for his previous, but this aint one of them.

Headline doesn't really tally with the content of the report. He was actually asked which teams will go furthest and he said Liverpool and Man City, maybe. Nothing about glory, he is not prediciting they are going to win or anything. Probably thinks like most that English teams will probably get knocked out in the last 16. Man City seems like a reasonable shout.

Given everything that's happened he'd be better off not mentioning Liverpool at all further more he must the only person outside Liverpool that thinks Liverpool are going to be the PL team to go furthest in the Champions league.

Given everything that's happened he'd be better off not mentioning Liverpool at all further more he must the only person outside Liverpool that thinks Liverpool are going to be the PL team to go furthest in the Champions league.

The UI poster richargr001 sums it up perfectly in my opinion in his reply to the van Dijk article over there. People reading too much into the comments, which were made before last nights games (I believe). Based on the draws for the groups I think I might have said the same, Liverpool and Man City are most likely to progress furthest, maybe. Nothing to see here other than spin by the Bin Dippers Echo.

Apparently, Daniel Sturridge is the toughest opponent he has faced....honestly, not long before the c4n7 is parading his LFC tatt around on social media.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/09/blogs/van-dijk-sturridge-is-the-best-striker-ive-played-against/

This makes me seriously worried about his state of mind. He's clearly suffering from delusional obsessive worship of all things Liverpool.

Does he really think this sort of thing will help his lost cause? If he thinks he can still get a move there by sucking up to the Scousers, he's very confused. Nothing had changed and it's Saints that he has to grovel to, and play his heart out for, if he wants any move, because he's contracted to Saints. For nearly another five years. The smell of desperate agent is overwhelming.

Even if he persuaded Saints to release him next Summer (it really won't happen in January), I very much doubt, and sincerely hope, that Liverpool are still totally shut out.

And yes, I agree with alpine that any more tweets should be met with hefty fines.

He's just done an interview with Cruise Monthly criticising the traffic flow round West Quay road and the failure of the council to redevelop Mayflower Park into a modern and welcoming link between the waterside and the old town and he reckons Liverpool is "the cruise port likely to do best" over the next ten years.

Utter ****ing **** flap.

This makes me seriously worried about his state of mind. He's clearly suffering from delusional obsessive worship of all things Liverpool.

Does he really think this sort of thing will help his lost cause? If he thinks he can still get a move there by sucking up to the Scousers, he's very confused. Nothing had changed and it's Saints that he has to grovel to, and play his heart out for, if he wants any move, because he's contracted to Saints. For nearly another five years. The smell of desperate agent is overwhelming.

Even if he persuaded Saints to release him next Summer (it really won't happen in January), I very much doubt, and sincerely hope, that Liverpool are still totally shut out.

And yes, I agree with alpine that any more tweets should be met with hefty fines.

Not restricted to just one person, unfortunately.

He's just done an interview with Cruise Monthly criticising the traffic flow round West Quay road and the failure of the council to redevelop Mayflower Park into a modern and welcoming link between the waterside and the old town and he reckons Liverpool is "the cruise port likely to do best" over the next ten years.

Utter ****ing **** flap.

:lol:

What on Earth is he thinking?

Utter ****ing **** flap.

:lol: One of your very best sir, brilliant. :toppa:

Lol....you should have left it, just to see how many would bite..........
Surely nobody would actually believe.... ahhh right.

It's benji for gods sake, probably one of the best spoof posters on the site, ...nay the internet even...!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

https://www.footballfancast.com/football-news/southampton-boss-provides-update-on-30m-rated-star

Rated at just £30 million according to the thicko buffoons at transfermarkt.co.uk.

That might be what they rate his value to be, but it isn't anywhere near what Southampton would be prepared to accept for him, or indeed what some clubs would be prepared to pay for him. Being adrift with a valuation at least half of what it probably should be, is totally inept and makes them look idiotic.