Jacob Rees-Moog

Turkish

I get the arguments, but you said it would be 'weird' for someone to consider abortion in the event of rape because of their religious beliefs.

If your wife or daughter got raped and she was catholic you may or may not agree with her having it aborted but it would be a stretch for anyone to say choosing abortion would be 'weird'. Going through rape must be hard enough let alone dealing with the emotion and pain of pregnancy and childbirth afterwards. IMO only a heartless **** would deny the victim that right.

First I would like to point out that I wouldn't have chosen to frame the argument in terms of "weirdness". I was responding to a person who elected to call JRM a "weirdo".

I do think it would be "weird" for a person with deeply held beliefs that life is sacred to choose to abort a presumed life regardless of the circumstances. Should they choose to do so I would suspect they did not hold those beliefs after all (though that would not surprise me at all).

I would find it even more "weird" for a third party to approve of said abortion of presumed life if they held a deep belief that life is sacred.

If my daughter was a catholic I would firstly wonder how that happened. If my daughter was Jacob Rees Mogg I would be doubly confused. If my catholic daughter Jacob chooses to abort his pregnancy then quite frankly I don't want to live on this planet any more.

He said that he's not an emotional person and that anyone with depression should be helped with their condition. I'm not seeing a huge amount of controversy there.

"I think the British do best when they apply a little starch to their upper lips"

Does he actually realise what century this is?

"I think the British do best when they apply a little starch to their upper lips"

Does he actually realise what century this is?

Its just an affectation - copying his dad who really was a relic. I had a conversation with him in 1997 where he categorically insisted China was imminently going to have a revolutionary explosion and break up into autonomous republics.Twenty years on... Like father like son.

I wasn't that keen on JRM,but his natural ability to wind up lefties means he's growing on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's superb, Labour couldn't ask for a better recruitment tool.

Every time Mogg appears on TV spouting his dated, bigoted views it makes Corbyn seem more of a decent, normal person.

I believe its the 21st. The century where everyone seems to be offended by everything and everyone... ;)

You’re right there. Polly Toynbee saying Farron hates gays. A bit of a stretch but hey don’t let anyone have Christian beliefs without someone deliberately baiting them so they can get a hate campaign going. Shame Toynbee doesn’t want to call out any Muslims though on any non-liberal beliefs.

You’re right there. Polly Toynbee saying Farron hates gays. A bit of a stretch but hey don’t let anyone have Christian beliefs without someone deliberately baiting them so they can get a hate campaign going. Shame Toynbee doesn’t want to call out any Muslims though on any non-liberal beliefs.

Maybe JRM's nom de guerre should be Yaqub - that will teach them leftie hypocrites.

Edited by shurlock

Maybe JRM's nom de guerre should be Yaqub - that will teach them leftie hypocrites.

Your use of them made me think of Glenn Hoddle. Similar situation with his reincarnation beliefs which would be same as most Hindus. Whether you think them mad or not is not the issue but people have the right to have them. Patronising really as I guess we would show respect to an Amazonian tree worshipper rather than mock them and tell them we know better.

Oh and I have been called a leftie pinko on here more times than I’ve been called a cnt. Actually maybe not. But Toynbee is even too much for me.

Shame Toynbee doesn’t want to call out any Muslims though on any non-liberal beliefs.

The Daily Mail would do that for her. If the Iman of the local mosque had come out with those statements, the Mail would have been all over it.

But Mogg is just a lovable British eccentric (with equally intolerant views).

The Daily Mail would do that for her. If the Iman of the local mosque had come out with those statements, the Mail would have been all over it.

But Mogg is just a lovable British eccentric (with equally intolerant views).

Do you think the iman doesn’t hold the same views? News mate the Daily Mail couldn’t give a sh1t.