MP Sweepstake

Batman

No it's on the fans who put pressure on the board to get rid of a manager who ultimately did an okay job. Not spectacular, not great but okay.

Nobody asked Les to appoint Puel. There were tons of better managers available and we were very desirable.

Likewise very few asked for Pellegrino.

Les hires and fires these managers.... Its on him

Nobody asked Les to appoint Puel. There were tons of better managers available and we were very desirable.

Likewise very few asked for Pellegrino.

Les hires and fires these managers.... Its on him

We ****ed around, missed the better managers and have had to make do with another average choice. I'd like to think he'd be gone by Xmas but Reed will only **** around over making that decision. Based upon his inability to act quickly, he'll probably fire him with 4 games to go and then it'll be too late.

how long?

Terrible. from him since day 1

Its very harsh and far to premature to have this thread. We seriously can't react that way as a club or as fans. The team need support.

Clearly though, are current recruitment strategy is horrendous.

People were on Puel's back after the first game. The way he was treated by our club is disgusting.

Yes. He was failed completley in the transfer window, and the same issues have not been addressed for the new man.

We've even got Forster on what, a 6year deal? Absolutley mental.

We struggle to score all last season, and we signed a CB and a defensive mid this summer. What the hell is wrong with the fans that they can't see EXACTLY where the problems lie?!?!?!

Yes. He was failed completley in the transfer window, and the same issues have not been addressed for the new man.

We struggle to score all last season, and we signed a CB and a defensive mid this summer. What the hell is wrong with the fans that they can't see EXACTLY where the problems lie?!?!?!

Money....the club was more interested in selling whilst in profit.

The thing is with MP, Koeman and even Puel we probably went through a fairly long process to get them. Seems like MP II was the only manager available at the time.

Les Reed has done some great things for this club but I think we've had it now and we're starting to regress.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem to have injected any energy at all, thought that's what he'd be bringing.

Infuriating seeing the predictable idiots banging on about Puel. He was dire, if this one is dire too, that doesn't improve the previous one. No one is playing near as well as we've seen them play previously, we're creating nothing, belief looks low and there's little spirit. Seems like a team with little about it.

Think it needs a bigger clear out. Forster's contract was daft, he's been a limited keeper since he signed, same old problems, obvious weaknesses and impossible to coach any improvement as he's just too slow to get down or move his feet.

Really wouldn't mind seeing Forster, Davis, Tadic, Austin, Long all leave now. Would definitely add Boufal to that after a few games. He needs to start a few in a row to see for sure, it's never happened...not that I hold out much hope for him proving people wrong now.

Personally I think it'd be more enjoyable to just play Sims and Mcqueen. Won't get us scoring less will they.

Guess they'll be loads of calls to play McCarthy now, but when I've seen him play for other clubs he's been ****e too.

This morning though you thought I was being ridiculous suggesting we would get beat today. We were going to win comfortably 3-0, weren't we?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Managers involvement in transfers these days is absolutely minimal.

We do appear to have appointed the same again - today was as bad as anything Puel served up. The football is awful and tactically MP got totally done today by Silva, it was obvious after 5 minutes. We must be the only team who play 5 in midfield and still manage to get overrun. Dreadful.

weird interview by the manager. I couldn't quite get what he was saying but it seems he knows he is not safe in his job!He shouldn't worry as he does interesting interviews, that seems to be very important with our fans
What I find strange is he knows the problem...yet doesn't address things.

Rabbit in the headlights but don't understand why I had high hopes but tactically wanting at the moment.

As Derry said on other thread to keep making same mistakes...

Can he turn it around...hope so at least change the formation play another forward please.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What I find strange is he knows the problem...yet doesn't address things.

Rabbit in the headlights but don't understand why I had high hopes but tactically wanting at the moment.

As Derry said on other thread to keep making same mistakes...

Can he turn it around...hope so at least change the formation play another forward please.

Whispering Dave had it spot on after game on Solent.

The signs aren't great but when 3 championship standard midfielders are in our starting line up what can he do.

I like to see teams playing quick one twos in and around the edge of their opponents box.

It seems like we are obsessed with getting crosses in.

No style implemented at all so far.

We missed Lemina and need sims

The crossing thing is bizarre. Our fullbacks are probably our biggest attacking threat but to make use of their crosses we either need a big target man (we had a good one but Reed sold him) or we need to play low crosses like we did against United in the final. These constant high crosses that sail over everyone (if there is anyone in the box) are just a waste of possession.

You can't just blame the manager but he has to accept some of the responsibility as It's his job to select the players, formation and tactics. He's there to coach and motivate. What I've seen so far causes great concern. Poor tactics & terrible substitutions. Just look at that game against Wolves. Why try and win a competition when you can **** around and experiment with the formation? I know it's early days but what we've seen so far is not good. He's taken the same system, which wasn't great, and somehow made it worse. Look at teams like, Burnley, Brighton, Stoke, Watford and Huddersfield. They're all having a go. Saints look totally unmotivated with no fire or spark. I'd say it's a close call between us and Newcastle for the worst team I've watched this season. I'll be amazed if we don't go down.